company_name = Capgemini
company_type = Public (
Euronext[http://www.euronext.com/trader/summarizedmarket/0,5372,1732_6834,00.html?selectedMep=1&idInstrument=18269&isinCode=FR0000125338 CAP] )
foundation = 1967
location_city = Paris
location_country = France
Serge Kampf, Chairman Paul Hermelin, CEO
revenue = profit$12 billion (2007)
num_employees = 86,000+ 
Consulting, IT, Outsourcingand Professionalservices
products = N/A (services based)
homepage = [http://www.capgemini.com/ www.capgemini.com]
Capgemini (Euronext|CAP) is a major French company, one of the world's largest
information technology, management consulting, outsourcingand professional servicescompanies with a staff of over 83,000 operating in 36 countries. It is headquartered in Paris(Rue de Tilsitt) and was founded in 1967 by Serge Kampf, the current chairman. CEO Paul Hermelinhas led the company since his appointment in December 2001.
Capgemini's regional operations include North and South America, Northern Europe & Asia Pacific and Central & Southern Europe. Services are delivered through four disciplines for Consulting, Technology, Outsourcing and Local Professional Services. The latter is delivered through
Sogeti, a wholly owned subsidiary. Capgemini is ranked among the top three outsourcing vendors in the world.fact|date=December 2007
Capgemini was founded by Serge Kampf in 1967 as an enterprise management and data processing company. The company was inaugurated as the "Société pour la Gestion de l'Entreprise et le Traitement de l'Information" (Sogeti).
*In 1973 Sogeti acquired a majority stake in its major European IT services competitor, CAP.
*In 1974 Sogeti acquired Gemini Computers Systems, a US company based in New York.
*In 1975, following the two major acquisitions of CAP and Gemini Computer Systems, Sogeti renamed itself as CAP Gemini Sogeti.
*In 1981, Cap Gemini Sogeti launched US operations following the acquisition of Milwaukee-based DASD Corporation, specializing in data conversion and employing 500 people in 20 branches throughout the US.
*In 1986, Cap Gemini Sogeti acquired the consulting division of US-based CGA Computer to create Cap Gemini America.
*In 1991, Gemini Consulting was formed through the integration of two management consulting firms (United Research and The MAC group).
*In 1996, the name was simplified to Cap Gemini with a new group logo. All operating companies worldwide were re-branded to operate as Cap Gemini.
*In 2000, Cap Gemini acquired Ernst & Young Consulting. It simultaneously integrated Gemini Consulting to form Cap Gemini Ernst & Young.
*In 2002, Cap Gemini re-launched its Sogeti brand, creating a new legal entity bearing the original name of the company, headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. The new company is focused on delivering IT services to a more limited range of markets.
*In 2003, the firm acquired Transiciel and merged the two practices into Sogeti-Transiciel (later consolidated within Sogeti in 2006).
*In April 2004, the Group reverted to Capgemini (its current name).
* In the summer of 2005, due to heavy financial losses, Capgemini sold its North American healthcare consulting practice, including both payer and provider practices, to
Accenturebut retains its life sciences practice.
* In September 2006, Capgemini acquired a 51% shareholding in Unilever India Shared Services Limited (Indigo), a provider of financial shared services and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance services to the global Unilever Group. Indigo has operating centres in
Bangaloreand Chennaiand employs approximately 600 staff. [http://www.capgemini.com/m/en/n/pdf_Capgemini_to_boost_its_Business_Process_Outsourcing_development_in_acquiring_majority_stake_in_Unilever___s_Finance___Accounting_platform_in_India.pdf]
* In October 2006, Capgemini agreed to acquire
Kanbay Internationalfor US$1.2 billion in cash ($29 per share). The acquisition will increase Capgemini's India staff to 12,000 employees. [http://news.moneycontrol.com/india/news/business/europecapgemini/capgeminitoacquirekanbayintl/14/06/article/247500] .The acquisition was completed on February 8, 2007.
February 8, 2007, Capgemini announced the acquisition of Software Architects, a US-based consulting company, to expand its US business. [http://www.sogeti-transiciel.com/templates/ST_NewsPage.aspx?id=444]
July 25, 2008, Capgemini announced the [http://www.capgemini.com/m/en/n/pdf_Through_the_acquisition_of_Getronics_PinkRoccade_Business_Application_Services_BV__a_leading_player_in_the_Dutch_IT_services_market_for_the_public_sector__Capgemini_extends_its_outsourcing_activities_.pdf acquisition of Getronics PinkRoccade Business Applications Services BV] of the Netherlands. The acquisition amounted to an equity value of €255 million paid in cash.
* Sesa in France (1987)
* Hoskyns in the UK (1990)
* United Research in the US (1990)
* Mac Group in the US (1991)
* Volmac in the Netherlands (1992)
* Programator in Scandinavia (1992)
* Gruber Titze and Partners in Europe (1993)
* Bossard in Europe (1997)
* Ernst & Young Consulting (2000)
* Transiciel (2003)
* Indigo (2006)
* Future Engineering in Germany (2006)
* Plecto AG in Germany (2006)
* Software Architects (2007)
* Maxeda IT Services in the Netherlands (2008)
* Getronics PinkRoccade Business Applications Services BV (2008)
TXU- Limited Partnership
Intel- Limited Partnership
* SAP - Limited Partnership
* [http://www.capgemini.com Official Capgemini website]
* [http://www.sogeti.com Official Sogeti website]
* [http://www.us.sogeti.com Official Sogeti USA website]
* [http://www.cogmap.com/chart/capgemini Capgemini Organization Chart Wiki]
* [http://www.netvibes.com/capgemini Capgemini Netvibes]
* [http://www.twitter.com/capgemini Capgemini Twitter]
* [http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/42/42454.html Yahoo! - Capgemini Company Profile]
* [http://www.youtube.com/capgeminimedia Capgemini's YouTube channel]
* [http://www.gartner.com/7_search/Search2Frame.jsp?keywords=Capgemini Gartner! - Capgemini Research]
* [http://blogs.us.capgemini.com/recruiting_blog/ U.S. Capgemini Recruiting Blog]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
CapGemini — Unternehmensform Aktiengesellschaft ISIN FR0000125338 Gegründet … Deutsch Wikipedia
Capgemini sd&m — AG Rechtsform Aktiengesellschaft Sitz … Deutsch Wikipedia
Capgemini sd&m — Capgemini sd m AG Unternehmensform Aktiengesellschaft … Deutsch Wikipedia
Capgemini sd&m AG — Capgemini sd m AG Unternehmensform Aktiengesellschaft … Deutsch Wikipedia
Capgemini — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Capgemini Tipo Public (Euronext CAP) Fundación 1967 … Wikipedia Español
Capgemini — Тип Акционерное общество … Википедия
Capgemini — Création 1967 Fondateurs Serge Kampf Forme juridique … Wikipédia en Français
Capgemini — Cap Gemini S.A. Rechtsform Société anonyme (S.A.) ISIN FR0000125338 Gründung 196 … Deutsch Wikipedia
Capgemini Consulting — Capgemini Unternehmensform Aktiengesellschaft ISIN FR0000125338 Gegründet … Deutsch Wikipedia
Capgemini Consulting — Logo de l entreprise depuis 2009 Logo de Capgemini Consulting F … Wikipédia en Français