- Czech Technical University in Prague
Czech Technical University in Prague České vysoké učení technické v Praze Motto Scientia est potentia (Latin) Motto in English Knowledge is power Established 1707 Type Public Rector Professor Václav Havlíček Admin. staff 3,954 (2008) (3,370 FTE) Students 23,363 (2008) Location Prague, Czech Republic (main campus), additional 4 smaller campuses Website www.cvut.cz
Czech Technical University in Prague (CTU, České vysoké učení technické v Praze – ČVUT in Czech) is one of the largest universities in the Czech Republic, and the oldest institute of technology in Central Europe.
It was established in 1707 by the Emperor Joseph I. According to the THES-QS World University Rankings for the year 2010, the CTU is the world's 121st best university in technology, was the 171st in 2009  and 228th in 2008  and is the 1st in the Czech Republic.
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Nuclear Sciences and Physical Engineering
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Transportation Sciences
- Faculty of Biomedical Engineering
- Faculty of Information Technology
Higher education institutes
- Klokner Institute
- Masaryk Institute of Advanced Studies
- Computing and Information Centre
- Technology and Innovation Centre
- The Research Centre for Industrial Heritage
- Institute of Experimental and Applied Physics
- Centre for Radiochemistry and Radiation Chemistry
- Division of Construction and Investment
- CTU Rector's Office
- Service Facilities
- Publishing House
Student clubs, CTU Student Union
Student clubs within the CTU are integrated in the Student Union. It has 27 members and covers wide range of free time activities. The Student Union also organizes social events for students through the year.
Along with other research centres of the university, a high quality research is held at the Center for Machine Perception and the Gerstner Laboratory, both of which constitute the MIRACLE – Centre of Excellence. The centres participate in many EU and US funded projects with focus predominantly on computer vision and agent technologies.
- Christian Doppler, mathematician and physicist
- Josef Gerstner, physicist and engineer
- František Křižík, inventor, electrical engineer and entrepreneur
- Vladimir Prelog, chemist and Nobel Prize winner
- Emil Weyr, mathematician
- George Klir, computer and systems scientist
- Simon Wiesenthal, Nazi hunter
Bethlehem Chapel – The CTU's ceremonial hall
- ^ "Rescript of the Emperor Joseph I". http://www.cvut.cz/en/history/rescript.
- ^ "The THES-QS World University Rankings 2010". http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2010/subject-rankings/technology.
- ^ "The THES-QS World University Rankings 2009". http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2009/subject-rankings/technology.
- ^ "The THES-QS World University Rankings 2008". http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2008/subject-rankings/technology.
- ^ "The Center for Machine Perception Research Projects". The Center for Machine Perception. http://cmp.felk.cvut.cz/projects/. Retrieved 6 December 2009.
- ^ "The Gerstner Laboratory Research Projects". The Gerstner Laboratory. http://gerstner.felk.cvut.cz/gerstner/website/html/research-projects-founding.html. Retrieved 6 December 2009.
- Official website
- Top Industrial Managers for Europe (TIME) network for student mobility.
- School of Applied and Engineering Physics
- Tereza Centre (Czech)
Public universities in the Czech Republic Brno České BudějoviceUniversity of South Bohemia in České Budějovice • Institute of Technology and Business Hradec Králové JihlavaVysoká škola polytechnická Jihlava Liberec Olomouc OpavaSilesian University (Opava) Ostrava Pardubice Plzeň PragueAcademy of Performing Arts in Prague • Academy of Fine Arts, Prague • Czech Technical University in Prague • Czech University of Life Sciences Prague • Charles University in Prague • University of Economics, Prague • Institute of Chemical Technology in Prague • Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague Ústí nad LabemJan Evangelista Purkyně University in Ústí nad Labem Zlín Top Industrial Managers for Europe (T.I.M.E. network) Austria Belgium Czech RepublicCeské Vysoké Uceni Technické v Praze Denmark Finland France Germany Greece Hungary Italy Norway Poland Portugal Russian Federation Spain Sweden Switzerland Turkey United Kingdom Conference of European Schools for Advanced Engineering Education and Research
Aalborg · Athens Polytechnic · BME · BUT · Chalmers · CTU Prague · DTU · École centrale Paris · EPFL · ETH Zurich · Florence · Ghent · GIT · Hanover · Heroit-Watt · INSA de Lyon · INSA de Toulouse · IST · ITU · Karlsruhe · KTH · KTU · KU Leuven · LTH · METU · NTNU · ParisTech · Politecnico di Milano · POLITO · Porto · PUB · Queen's · PUT · RWTH Aachen · Southampton · Stuttgart · Supélec · Technion · Thessaloniki · TKK · TPU · TU Berlin · TU Crete · TU Darmstadt · TU Delft · TU Dresden · TU Eindhoven · TU Hamburg · TU Ilmenau · TU Munich · TU Vienna · TU Warsaw · TUT · Twente · UCL · UCD · UPC · UPM · UPV
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Czech Technical University Faculty of Nuclear Sciences and Physical Engineering — Infobox University name=Faculty of Nuclear Sciences and Physical Engineering CTU native name=Fakulta jaderná a fyzikálně inženýrská ČVUT established=1955 type=Public campus=Urban staff= 300 dean=Docent Miroslav Čech city=Prague country = Czech… … Wikipedia
University of Prague — may refer to:*Charles University in Prague **German Charles Ferdinand University (closed 1945)*Czech Technical University in Prague *University of Economics, Prague … Wikipedia
Technical University of Denmark — Den Polytekniske Læreanstalt Danmarks Tekniske Universitet Motto Det bli r til noget Motto in English It amounts to something … Wikipedia
Technical University Munich — Technische Universität München (TUM) Established 1868 Type Government Funded President Wolfgang A. Herrmann Academic staff 7,637 (2010, 461 Professors; 5,564 Academic) … Wikipedia
Charles University in Prague — For other uses, see University of Prague (disambiguation). Charles University in Prague Univerzita Karlova v Praze Latin: Universitas Carolina Pragensis Establis … Wikipedia
National Technical University of Athens — NTUA redirects here. For the Taiwanese university, see National Taiwan University of Arts National Technical University of Athens Εθνικό Μετσόβιο Πολυτεχνείο Seal of NTUA (Prometheus Carrying Fire) Established December 31, 1836 (OS) … Wikipedia
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague — Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague Česká zemědělská univerzita v Praze Established 1906 / 1952 Type Public … Wikipedia
University of Ostrava — Ostravská univerzita v Ostravě Latin: Universitas Ostraviensis Motto HIC SVNT LEONES … Wikipedia
University of Economics, Prague — Infobox University name = University of Economics, Prague native name = Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze established = 1919 rector = Prof. Richard Hindls, CSc. city = Prague country = Czech Republic type = Public students = 15,500 staff = 1,150… … Wikipedia
Prague 6 — Prague 6, formally the Metropolitan District Prague 6 ( Městská čast Praha 6 ), is the largest Prague District.It is located in the north west of Prague. It covers 41.54 km² and has 99 481 inhabitants (31.12.2005)Prague 6 includes cadastral areas … Wikipedia