- Junichi Okada
Born November 18, 1980 Origin Hirakata, Osaka, Japan Genres Pop Occupations Singer, actor Years active 1995–present Labels Avex Trax (1995–present) Associated acts V6
Junichi Okada (岡田 准一 Okada Jun'ichi ) (born November 18, 1980) is a member of Japanese boy band V6, which is under the management of Johnny & Associates. He joined Johnny & Associates at the age of 14.
In the summer of 1995, he participated in Johnny's Pre-School, part of the NTV program Tensai, Takeshi no Genki ga Deru Terebi (天才・たけしの元気が出るテレビ!!). He passed the audition and joined Johnny & Associates at the age of 14. After being in Johnny's for only a short period of three months, he made his debut as the youngest member of the idol group V6. Unlike the rest of the members in the group, he did not have much experience as Johnny's Jr. The first time that he had been on a music program was only after the debut of V6. Their debut song was "Music For the People".
Okada can play the guitar, as well as the piano. His mother is a piano teacher. His voice is in the middle range, and hence his solos usually include slower ballads. Recently, he has been given longer solos in V6 songs, such as "Way of Life". He also reveals that during V6's 2008 concert Vibes, he was directing most of the lightning, staging, and costumes.
Besides known for being a V6 member, Okada is an accomplished actor with eleven movies, in which he plays the lead roles in eight of them, and sixteen dramas, in which he plays the lead roles in four of them. In a Shōnen Club Premium interview on May 7, 2009, he revealed that it was the Japanese drama Kisarazu Cat's Eye that caught viewers and directors' attention of his acting ability. The success of the drama led to the making of two subsequent movies, Kisarazu Cat's Eye: Nihon Series and Kisarazu Cat's Eye: World Series. His other notable dramas include Tiger & Dragon, a comedy drama about rakugo, a form of Japanese comedy acted only by one person telling that story. and SP (also known as Security Police), an action suspense drama about a team of security police bodyguards in charge of protecting important people in the government. With Shinichi Tsutsumi as his co-star, the drama drew in overall ratings of 15.35% despite its Saturday 11:00 p.m. (JST) time slot; its special episode broadcast in 2008 also received a viewership rating of 21.5%.
He made a big leap in his movie career with Tokyo Tower in 2005. In the movie he portrayed a young college student torn between his love for a lady twenty years his senior and the views society has on these kinds of relationship. After that came Hana Yori no Naho' (花よりもなほ), known as Hana to Western movie audiences, directed by the renowned director Hirokazu Koreeda (Distance, After Life and Nobody Knows). In the movie, Okada portrayed Sōza, a samurai uninterested in killing his enemy and focused on what he could do today to be a better person instead. The movie earned him a nomination for the Blue Ribbon Awards, but he declined this nomination. Nevertheless, he still got awarded the Ishihara Yujiro New Actor Award at Nikkan Sports Film Award for his role in Hana. Recently, he has been involved in movies such as Kagehinata Ni Saku (陰日向に咲く Flowers in the Shadow ), portraying a young man in debt because of pachinko, and Otonari (おとなり), an unconventional love story between two neighbors who have never met each other and only follow the other person's life through the sounds they hear from the other side of the wall.
Okada is known for being reserved. He does not meet with many people within the agency. In an interview on Shōnen Club Premium, Okada said that when he was little, whenever his name was called up to read something in class, he would feel like vomiting and purposely avoided school on those day. Within V6, he is also the most quiet person. He enjoys carpentry and has carved wooden bears for children.
Dramas Year Title Role Notes 1995 V no Honoo Junichi Okada 1997 D×D Toranosuke Kihara 1998 Pu-Pu-Pu Jump Kazuya Omine 1999 Shin Oretachi no Tabi Shinroku Kumazawa Dear Friend Yuuji Yamamuro 2000 Mona Lisa no Hohoemi Takuro Okajima Oyaji Tadashi Tadashi Kanzaki 2001 Chuushingura 1/47 Chikara Oishi Hanran no Voyage Kunpei Sakaue 2002 Renai Hensachi Ryuji Kisarazu Cat's Eye Kōhei Tabuchi (Bussan) Lead role 2003 Suekko Chōnan Ane Sannin Ichiro Kashiwakura 2005 Taika no Kaishin Kamatari Nakatomino Lead role Fuyu no Undokai Kikuo Kitazawa Lead role Tiger & Dragon Ryuji Yanaka (Kotatsu) 2006 Niji wo Kakeru Ōhi Li Eun 2007 SP Kaoru Inoue Lead role Movies Year Title Role Notes 2003 Cosmic Rescue Kisarazu Cats Eye: Nihon Series Lead role Hard Luck Hero Takashi Asai 2004 Thunderbirds Alan Tracy Japanese dub 2005 Tokyo Tower Toru Kojima Lead role Fly, Daddy, Fly Soon-Shin Park Lead role Hold Up Down Koichi Sawamura 2006 Hana Yori mo Naho Sōzaemon Aoki (Sōza) Lead role Kisarazu Cats Eye: World Series Kōhei Tabuchi (Bussan) Lead role Tales from Earthsea Prince Arren Lead role, voice 2008 Kagehinata ni Saku Maya Lead role 2009 Otonari Satoshi Nojima Lead role 2010 SP The Motion Picture: Yabō-hen Kaoru Inoue Lead role 2011 SP The Motion Picture: Kakumei-hen Kaoru Inoue Lead role From up on Poppy Hill Shun Kazama Voice 2012 Tenchi Meisatsu Shunkai Shibukawa (Santetsu Yasui) Lead role
Awards and nominations
Year Organization Award Work Result 2002 Television Drama Academy Awards Best Actor Kisarazu Cat's Eye Nominated 2005 Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix Best Supporting Actor Tiger & Dragon Won 2006 Nikkan Sports Film Awards Ishihara Yujiro New Actor Award Hana Yori mo Naho, Kisarazu Cat's Eye: World Series Won 2008 Television Drama Academy Awards Best Actor SP Won
- ^ (Japanese) "way of life". Amazon.jp. http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B000YY68M6. Retrieved 2010-02-05.
- ^ a b http://www.nhk.or.jp/shonen-p/archive_2009.html
- ^ http://www.jdorama.com/drama_938.htm
- ^ (Japanese) "SP drama ratings". Artv. http://artv.info/ar0710.html#sp. Retrieved 2010-02-05.
- ^ ""SP" special captures 21.5%". Tokyograph. 2008-04-07. http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-2928. Retrieved 2010-02-05.
- ^ (Japanese) "東京タワー プレミアム・エディション". Amazon.jp. http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0003052WI/. Retrieved 2010-02-05.
- ^ "渡辺謙 ベルリンから駆けつける". Cinemahochi. 13 Feb 2007. http://cinemahochi.yomiuri.co.jp/b_award/2006/.
- ^ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0645411/awards
- ^ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1167845/
- ^ "Oto, Na, Ri (Otonari)". CD Japan. http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=GNBD-7593. Retrieved 2010-02-05.
- ^ http://www.nhk.or.jp/shonen-p/archive_2008.html
- ^ (Japanese) Okada, Junichi (2008-01-27). Oshareism. Interview with Shinya Ueda.
- ^ "Junichi Okada, Yu Aoi reportedly dating". Tokyograph. 2008-08-29. http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-3709. Retrieved 2010-02-05.
- ^ a b ""SP" movie split into two parts". Tokyograph. 2010-04-19. http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-6027. Retrieved 2010-04-20.
- ^ Lin, Lawrence (14 May 2011). "Kokuriko-Zaka Kara voice cast". GhibliWiki. Nausicaa.net. http://www.nausicaa.net/wiki/Latest_News#Kokuriko-Zaka_Kara_Voice_Cast. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- ^ "Okada Junichi, Miyazaki Aoi star in Takita Yojiro’s Tenchi Meisatsu". Tokyograph. 13 June 2011. http://www.tokyograph.com/news/okada-junichi-miyazaki-aoi-star-in-takita-yojiros-tenchi-meisatsu. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- ^ (Japanese) "主演男優賞". Television Drama Academy Awards. 2002-04-05. http://blog.television.co.jp/drama/academy/2002/04/post_239.html. Retrieved 2010-02-05.
- ^ "Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix". Tokyograph. http://www.tokyograph.com/info/Nikkan_Sports_Drama_Grand_Prix. Retrieved 2010-02-05.
- ^ "Awards for Junichi Okada". IMDB. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0645411/awards. Retrieved 2010-02-05.
- ^ (Japanese) "主演男優賞". Television Drama Academy Awards. 2008-04-24. http://blog.television.co.jp/drama/academy/2008/04/post_300.html. Retrieved 2010-02-05.
Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix Best Supporting Actor
Mansai Nomura (1998) · Takaya Kamikawa (1999) · Takaya Kamikawa (2000) · Takaya Kamikawa (2001) · Takaya Kamikawa (2002) · Koichi Domoto (2003) · Takaya Kamikawa (2004) · Kazuya Kamenashi (2005) · Junichi Okada (2006) · Jun Matsumoto (2007) · Toma Ikuta (2008) · Ryo Nishikido (2009) · Masaaki Uchino (2010)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Okada — may refer to: Okada (commercial motorcycle), commercial motorcycles in Nigeria Okada (岡田 hill rice paddy), a Japanese name. People with the name include: Doris Matsui (Doris Okada Matsui), American politician of the Democratic Party John Okada,… … Wikipedia
Junichi Kanemaru — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Jun ichi Kanemaru 金丸 淳一 Nacimiento 27 de octubre de 1963 (46 años) Yamanashi, Japón Ocupación … Wikipedia Español
V6 (group) — Infobox Musical artist Name = V6 Img capt = Background = group or band Origin = flagicon|Japan Japan Genre = J pop Years active = 1995–present Label = Avex Trax URL = [http://www.avexnet.or.jp/v6/ www.avexnet.or.jp/v6/] Current members = Masayuki … Wikipedia
V6 (banda) — V6 Datos generales Nacimiento 1995 Origen Japón … Wikipedia Español
Kisarazu Cat's Eye — Infobox Television show name = Kisarazu Cat s Eye caption = Movie Poster genre = Comedy creator = developer = presenter = starring = Junichi Okada Sho Sakurai Yoshinori Okada Ryuta Sato voices = narrated = theme music composer = Arashi opentheme … Wikipedia
Jun'ichi — Infobox Given Name Revised name = Jun ichi imagesize= caption= Junichi Sasai, a naval aviator pronunciation= gender = Male meaning = It can have many different meanings depending on the kanji used. region = origin = Japanese related names = Jun… … Wikipedia
Tales from Earthsea (film) — Infobox Film name = Tales from Earthsea director = Gorō Miyazaki producer = Toshio Suzuki Tomohiko Ishii writer = Ursula K. Le Guin (novel) Gorō Miyazaki Keiko Niwa starring = Bunta Sugawara Junichi Okada Aoi Teshima Jun Fubuki Yuko Tanaka… … Wikipedia
Hana (film) — Infobox Film name = Hana (Hana Yori mo Naho 花よりもなほ) writer = Hirokazu Koreeda starring = Junichi Okada Rie Miyazawa director = Hirokazu Koreeda producer = Nozomu Enoki, Shiho Sato distributor = Shochiku released = June 3 2006 runtime = 127 min.… … Wikipedia
Chūshingura 1/47 — Infobox Film name = Chushingura 1/47 caption = director = Shunsaku Kawamo writer = Yumiko Inoue starring = Takuya Kimura, Koichi Sato cinematography = distributor = Fuji Television released = 2001 runtime = 120 mins. country = Japan language =… … Wikipedia
Tokyo Tower (film, 2004) — Pour l’article homonyme, voir Tour de Tōkyō. Tokyo Tower Données clés Réalisation Takashi Minamoto Scénario Kaori Eguni (roman) Takashi Minamoto Acteurs principaux Juni … Wikipédia en Français