- Payment card industry
The payment card industry (PCI) denotes the
debit, credit, pre-paid, e-purse, ATM, and POS cards and associated businesses.
The term is sometimes more specifically used to refer to the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council, an independent council originally formed by
American Express, Discover Financial Services, JCB, MasterCard Worldwide and Visa International on Sept. 7, 2006, with the goal of managing the ongoing evolution of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
International payment schemes
Regional and national payment schemes
InteracAssociation is Canada's national organization linking Financial Institutions and enterprises that have proprietary networks, to enable communication with each other for the purpose of exchanging electronic financial transactions. The Association was founded in 1984 by the big five banks. Today, there are over 80 members. The Interac Association is the organization responsible for the development of Canada's national network of two shared electronic financial services: Shared Cash Dispensing (SCD) for cash withdrawals from any ABM not belonging to a cardholder's financial institution; and Interac Direct Payment (IDP) for Debit Card payments at the Point-of-Sale
Data Loss Prevention
Payment card industry
* [https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/ PCI Security Standards] , the organization responsible the development, enhancement, storage, dissemination and implementation of security standards for account data protection.
* The [http://www.europeanpaymentscouncil.eu/index.cfm European Payment Council] (EPC) is the decision-making and coordination body of the European banking industry in relation to payments.
* [http://pcianswers.com/ PCI Answers Blog and Forum] has different PCI experts demystifying the experience of compliance
* [http://www.paymentsecuritypros.com/ Society of Payment Security Professionals] Industry professionals and CPISM industry certification
* [http://www.emvco.com EMVCo] , the organisation responsible for developing and maintaining the EMV standard
* [http://www.chipandpin.co.uk/ Chip and PIN] , site run by the Association For Payment Clearing Services (APACS), the UK's central co-ordinating authority for the implementation of EMV
* [http://www.openstandards.ca/ Migration 2 Chip] , The Migration 2 Chip Program
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Payment Card Industry — Le Payment Card Industry (PCI) est le secteur économique des moyens de paiement par carte. Le PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) est une instance de ce secteur économique qui émet des recommandations de sécurité sur les paiements par carte … Wikipédia en Français
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard — The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is an information security standard for organizations that handle cardholder information for the major debit, credit, prepaid, e purse, ATM, and POS cards. Defined by the Payment Card… … Wikipedia
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard — Der Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, üblicherweise abgekürzt mit PCI, ist ein Regelwerk im Zahlungsverkehr, das sich auf die Abwicklung von Kreditkartentransaktionen bezieht und von allen wichtigen Kreditkartenorganisationen… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Certified Payment-Card Industry Security Manager — (CPISM) is an independent payments industry certification governed by the Society of Payment Security Professionals (commonly known as the SPSP). The CPISM is the de facto certification for payment security professionals. This certification is… … Wikipedia
Certified Payment-Card Industry Security Auditor — (CPISA) is an independent payments industry certification governed by the Society of Payment Security Professionals (commonly known as the SPSP). The CPISA focuses on information technology, information security, and auditing knowledge and skills … Wikipedia
Payment gateway — A payment gateway is an e commerce application service provider service that authorizes payments for e businesses, online retailers, bricks and clicks, or traditional brick and mortar. It is the equivalent of a physical point of sale terminal… … Wikipedia
Card security code — The Card security code is located on the back of MasterCard, Visa and Discover credit or debit cards and is typically a separate group of 3 digits to the right of the signature strip … Wikipedia
Card Validation Code — Der Card Validation Code (CVC) (auch Card Verification Value (CVV), Card Security Code (CSC) oder Kartenprüfnummer (KPN)) ist ein Sicherheitsmerkmal auf Kreditkarten. Die Prüfnummer soll die Nutzung von gefälschten oder gestohlenen… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Card reader — A card reader is a data input device that reads data from a card shaped storage medium. Historically, paper or cardboard punched cards were used throughout the first several decades of the computer industry to store information and write programs … Wikipedia
Credit card — Personal finance Credit and debt Pawnbroker Student loan Employment contract Salary Wage Empl … Wikipedia