- Millfield High School
Millfield Science And Performing Arts College Location Thornton, Lancashire, United Kingdom Information School type Science and Performing Arts College Motto Creating Bright Futures LEA Lancashire Ofsted number 119714 Headteacher Sean Bullen Staff 152 Age range 11-16 Number of students 819 Website www.millfield.lanchs.sch.uk
Millfield Science and Performing Arts College (known as Millfield High School up until 2005) is a mixed comprehensive school located in Thornton, Lancashire, England. Millfield has around 800 pupils, aged 11 to 16. Its head teacher is Mr S. Bullen. It also changes it motto every 5 years. As the previous motto "Success For All" was created in 2006 the school have come up with a new motto "Creating Bright Futures".
The school bought specialist college status in 2005. Millfield consists:
- A Block (the original buildings) - which houses French, Spanish, Arts, Technology (systems and control, resistant materials and food studies), I.C.T, Drama, Dance, Canteen, Offices, Medical room, Media studies and Performing Arts
- B, C and D Block (the tower block) - which houses Biology, Chemistry, Physics,
- F Block (the southern block) - which houses Geography ,History ,Religious Education, Citizenship the Libraries and P.S.H.E
- H Block (the northern block downstairs) - which houses Maths and Learning Support
- J Block (the northern block upstairs) - which houses both English Language and English Literature.
The school has a large field, two tarmac playgrounds and sports hall for P.E sessions and for use by the school sport clubs. .
This Lancashire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.