- All That Remains (band)
All That Remains
All That Remains performing at 2006's Ozzfest.
Background information Origin Springfield, Massachusetts, United States Genres Metalcore Years active 1998–present Labels Prosthetic, Razor & Tie Associated acts Killswitch Engage, The Acacia Strain Website allthatremainsonline.com Members Philip Labonte
All That Remains is an American heavy metal band from Springfield, Massachusetts, which formed in 1998. They have released five studio albums, a live CD/DVD, and have sold nearly 800,000 records. The group consists of guitarists Oli Herbert and Mike Martin, vocalist Philip Labonte, bassist Jeanne Sagan and former Diecast drummer Jason Costa with Labonte and Herbert being the only two original members. To date, all of their songs that were released as singles have had music videos created for them.
Formation, debut album and This Darkened Heart (1998-2005)
Phil Labonte, the vocalist for All That Remains, was originally the vocalist for Shadows Fall and appeared on the cult classic album Somber Eyes to the Sky. After being asked to leave because of "musical differences", Phil focused entirely on All That Remains, a side project he had been working on prior to leaving. Phil has been known to support Boston acts such as Widow Sunday, Bury Your Dead, and Cannae. The band released their debut album, Behind Silence and Solitude on March 26, 2002 through Prosthetic Records. The style of the album differs from their current metalcore musical style, and more prominently contains elements of melodic death metal. It was also the band's only release featuring the original members Chris Bartlett and Dan Egan.
Their second album, This Darkened Heart was released on March 23, 2004 through Prosthetic Records. Produced by Killswitch Engage guitarist Adam Dutkiewicz, the album featured better production compared to its predecessor. The three singles that were released from the album are “This Darkened Heart”, “Tattered on My Sleeve” and “The Deepest Gray”. Music videos were created for all three.
The Fall of Ideals (2006-2008)
Their third album The Fall of Ideals was released on July 11, 2006 through Prosthetic Records. Once again, the album was produced by Adam Dutkiewicz. The album is also considered to be the band’s breakthrough release, as it entered the Billboard 200 charts at number 75, selling almost 13,000 copies in its first week. “This Calling” was released as the album’s first single. Two music videos were created, with one incorporating footage from Saw III (as it was the lead song from the film’s soundtrack). A music video was made for the album’s second single "The Air That I Breathe". The band was also a part of Ozzfest 2006. The song “Six” is featured in Guitar Hero II. On June 20, 2007, it was announced that The Fall of Ideals had surpassed 100,000 sales in the United States. A music video for the album’s third single “Not Alone” was filmed on July 4 and was released on September 10, 2007. In 2007, they played at Wacken Open Air in Wacken, Germany to a great success. On November 30, 2007, All That Remains released a live CD/DVD album titled All That Remains Live.
In early 2008, they embarked on a headlining tour with support from Chimaira and Black Tide with Divine Heresy and Light This City splitting the tour’s opening slot. Five Finger Death Punch, was originally supposed to play but dropped off before the tour started due to vocal problems. Later that summer All That Remains appeared on the Midwestern leg of Van’s Warped Tour 2008.
The band visited Audiohammer Studios in May, 2008 to record their fourth studio album, entitled Overcome, with producer Jason Suecof. The album was released on September 16, 2008, with critics giving it mixed reviews due to its more mainstream sound, many claiming that the band has put focus on catchy melodies rather than technical heavy metal riffs. The song “Chiron” was released as the first single from the album and a video was produced for it. Two singles from the album (“Chiron” and “Two Weeks”) were also released for Rock Band as downloadable content, along with “This Calling”. The band released a video for "Two Weeks" in October. "Two Weeks" was also featured as a free playable download on the popular iPhone OS game, Tap Tap Revenge 2. On June 10, All That Remains started touring on the Rockstar Mayhem Festival, playing the Jägermeister stage along with God Forbid and headliners Trivium.
On April 12, 2009, Phil Labonte posted on his Twitter that he was recording something in the studio on that same day with (at least) Oli and Mike. This turned out to be the acoustic version of “Forever in Your Hands”.
On June 29, 2009, drummer Jason Costa broke his hand. The band temporarily recruited drummer Tony Laureano (Dimmu Borgir, Nile) to honor their commitment to the 2009 Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival.
On September 29, 2010, All That Remains announced “The Napalm & Noise Tour”, which will take place from November 23 December 21. They will co-headline it with The Devil Wears Prada, and be supported by Story of the Year and Haste the Day.
On October 7, 2009, All That Remains released the music video for their single “Forever in Your Hands”. Also released on this day was a free download of the Japan bonus track "Frozen" from Overcome.
In January, 2011, All That Remains won top honors in the Hard Rock/Metal category in the 9th Annual Independent Music Awards for the album.
For We Are Many (2010-present)
All That Remains announced plans to start recording another album, which began in April 2010. The band later confirmed it to be released later in the year with Adam Dutkiewicz as the chosen producer. The album was released on October 12, 2010.
On June 8, 2010, All That Remains premiered the title track "For We Are Many" during a show in Burlington, VT under the working title of "Dem Trims". From August 18 through September 6, a free download of the title track, "For We Are Many", was available on the band’s website after subscribing to their mailing list.
On October 6, 2010, All That Remains released a music video for the single "Hold On".
“For We Are Many” debuted at number 10 on the Billboard 200, selling a little over 29,000 copies in its first week.
A music video was released for “The Last Time” on April 1, 2011.
- Current Members
- Former Members
- Studio albums
- Behind Silence and Solitude (2002)
- This Darkened Heart (2004)
- The Fall of Ideals (2006)
- Overcome (2008)
- For We Are Many (2010)
Year Song Peak chart Album US
2004 “The Deepest Gray” — — — This Darkened Heart “This Darkened Heart” — — — 2005 “Tattered on My Sleeve” — — — 2006 “This Calling” — — — The Fall of Ideals “The Air That I Breathe” — — — 2007 “Not Alone” — — — 2008 “Chiron” — — — Overcome “Two Weeks” 38 9 41 2009 “Forever in Your Hands” — 14 33 2010 “Hold On” — 10 27 For We Are Many 2011 “The Last Time” — 8 25 “The Waiting One” — — — “—” denotes a release that did not chart.
Year Album details 2007 All That Remains: Live
- Released: October 30, 2007
- Label: Prosthetic
- Formats: DVD
- “The Deepest Gray” (video directed by: Ian McFarland)
- “This Darkened Heart” (video directed by: Dale Resteghini)
- “Tattered on My Sleeve” (video directed by: David Brodsky)
- “This Calling” (video directed by: Frankie Nasso)
- “The Air That I Breathe” (video directed by: Darren Doane)
- “Not Alone” (video directed by: Soren Kragh-Jacobsen)
- “Chiron” (video directed by: Brian Thompson)
- “Two Weeks” (video directed by: Brian Thompson)
- “Forever in Your Hands” (video directed by: David Brodsky)
- “Hold On” (video directed by: David Brodsky)
- “The Last Time” (video directed by: Nathan Cox)
- ^ "All That Remains - discography, line-up, biography, interviews, photos". http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/groupe-groupe-All_That_Remains-l-en.html.
- ^ a b c "Philip Labonte's Biography - Last.fm". http://www.last.fm/music/Philip+Labonte/+wiki. Retrieved 2010-02-27.
- ^ "ATR - Behind Silence and Solitude". http://www.justscreaming.com/2009/11/all-that-remains-behind-silence-and.html. Retrieved 2010-02-27.
- ^ "Review of All That Remains - Overcome on Way Too Loud!". September 16, 2008. http://www.waytooloud.com/2008/09/16/all-that-remains-overcome-2/.
- ^ "All That Remains Enters Billboard Chart At No. 75". Blabbermouth.net. July 19, 2006. http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=55290.
- ^ "All That Remains 'The Fall of Ideals' Album Breaks 100,000 in U.S. Sales". Blabbermouth.net. June 20, 2007. http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=75154.
- ^ "GER, Wacken - Wacken Open Air 2007 - Metal Storm". http://www.metalstorm.ee/events/event.php?event_id=1329.
- ^ "All That Remains - Discography". allthatremainsonline.com. November 30, 2007. http://www.allthatremainsonline.com/releases. Retrieved 2009-04-10. [dead link]
- ^ "All That Remains Tour". January 28, 2008. http://www.metalmartyr.com/black-tide-to-replace-5-finger-death-punch-on-all-that-remains-tour/. Retrieved 2010-02-27.
- ^ "All That Remains: In Pre-Production Mode". Blabbermouth. 2008-05-05. http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=96341. Retrieved 2008-09-29.
- ^ "All That Remains - Overcome - Latest News". allthatremainsonline.com. September 17, 2008. http://www.allthatremainsonline.com/?&page=3&per_page=10. Retrieved April 10, 2009.
- ^ "All That Remains - Overcome - Latest News". allthatremainsonline.com. October 2, 2008. http://www.allthatremainsonline.com/?&page=2&per_page=10. Retrieved April 10, 2009.
- ^ "All That Remains". allthatremainsonline.com. March 16, 2009. http://www.allthatremainsonline.com/?&page=1&per_page=10. Retrieved 2009-04-10.
- ^ "All That Remains". allthatremainsonline.com. January 30, 2009. http://www.allthatremainsonline.com/?&page=1&per_page=10. Retrieved 2009-04-10.
- ^ "Mayhem Festival 2009". January 27, 2009. http://www.metalmartyr.com/rockstar-energy-drink-mayhem-festival-2009/. Retrieved 2010-02-27.
- ^ "Philip Labonte (philthatremains) on Twitter". April 12, 2009. http://twitter.com/philthatremains. Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- ^ "All That Remains". http://allthatremainsonline.com. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- ^ "ATR Drummer Jason Costa unable to play Rockstar Mayhem Fest due to broken hand". July 1, 2009. http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=778490&blogId=497931468.
- ^ "All That Remains & The Devil Wears Prada announce tour". http://www.puregrainaudio.com/news/all-that-remains-the-devil-wears-prada-announce-tour. Retrieved 2009-09-28.
- ^ "ATR "Forever in Your Hands" Video Released". October 7, 2009. http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.Net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=128359. Retrieved 2010-02-27.
- ^ "All That Remains Hitting The Studio For New Album". http://rawkpit.com/2010/03/12/all-that-remains-hitting-the-studio-for-new-album.
- ^ "ALL THAT REMAINS Working With ADAM DUTKIEWICZ On New Album". http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138171. re
- ^ "All That Remains Set Release Date For New Album". http://www.theprp.com/2010/08/09/news/all-that-remains-set-release-date-for-new-album.
- ^ "New Video". Metal CallOut. http://www.metalcallout.com/new-video-all-that-remains-hold-on.html. Retrieved 2010-10-06.
- ^ "Building Album Sales Chart". HITS Daily Double. http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- ^ "All That Remains Album & Song Chart History: Alternative Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. http://www.billboard.com/#/artist/all-that-remains/chart-history/481354?f=377&g=Singles. Retrieved 2010-12-30.
- ^ a b "All That Remains > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. http://allmusic.com/artist/all-that-remains-p525083/charts-awards/billboard-singles. Retrieved 2010-12-30.
- ^ "All That Remains, 'The Last Time' - Video Premiere". Noisecreep. 2011-04-14. http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/04/14/all-that-remains-the-last-time-video-premiere/. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
All That Remains Philip Labonte · Mike Martin · Oli Herbert · Jeanne Sagan · Jason Costa
Chris Bartlett · Mike Bartlett · Colin Conway · Matt Deis · Shannon Lucas · Josh Venn · Tim Yeung
Studio albums VideosAll That Remains: Live (2007) Singles"This Darkened Heart" · "Tattered on My Sleeve" · "The Deepest Gray" · "This Calling" · "The Air That I Breathe" · "Not Alone" · "Chiron" · "Two Weeks" · "Forever in Your Hands" · "Hold On" · "The Last Time" · "The Waiting One" Related bands
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
All That Remains (disambiguation) — All That Remains may refer to: *All That Remains (band) a melodic metalcore band from Springfield, Massachusetts * All That Remains (album), an album by the band Fozzy * All That Remains (novel), a novel by Patricia Cornwell * All That Remains ,… … Wikipedia
All That Remains — lors de l Ozzfest 2006 Pays d’origine … Wikipédia en Français
All That Remains — No debe confundirse con All That Remains (álbum). Este artículo trata sobre de una banda. Para otros usos de este término, véase All That Remains (desambiguación). All That Remains … Wikipedia Español
All That Remains (album) — Album infobox Name =All That Remains Type =Album Artist =Fozzy Released =January 25, 2005 Recorded = Genre =Heavy metal Length =41:30 Label =Ash Records Producer =Chris Jericho Reviews =*Allmusic Rating|3.5|5… … Wikipedia
All That Remains (Circle II Circle EP) — Infobox Album Name = All That Remains Type = ep Artist = Circle to Circle Released = 2005 02 21 Recorded = 2004 2005 Genre = Heavy Metal Length = 25:18 Label = AFM Records Producer = Reviews = * Allmusic Rating|3|5 [http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg … Wikipedia
Overcome (All That Remains album) — Overcome Studio album by All That Remains Released September … Wikipedia
The Air That I Breathe (All That Remains song) — The Air That I Breathe is the second single off of All That Remains 2006 album The Fall of Ideals. It was also one of three songs off the album to be made into a music video, along with This Calling and Not Alone. Music VideoThe video features… … Wikipedia
All About Eve (band) — Infobox musical artist Name = All About Eve Img capt = On Top Of The Pops in 1988 deletable image caption Img size = Landscape = yes Background = group or band Alias = The Swarm Origin = flagicon|England England Genre = Alternative rock Folk rock … Wikipedia
All Hope Is Gone — All Hope Is Gone … Wikipedia
All-Ohio State Fair Youth Choir — The All Ohio State Fair Youth Choir (known as the AOSFYC or the All Ohio Youth Choir) is a singing organization of high school students that meets every summer five days prior to the opening of the Ohio State Fair and performs as entertainment… … Wikipedia