- 26th Air Division (United States)
Infobox Military Unit
unit_name= 26th Air Division
caption= Emblem of the 26th Air Division
United States Air Force
role= Command and Control
Tactical Air Command(ADTAC)
battle_honours=The 26th Air Division (26th AD) is an inactive
United States Air Forceorganization. Its last assignment was with Tactical Air Command, (ADTAC) assigned to First Air Force, being stationed at March Air Force Base, California. It was inactivated on 30 Sep 1990.
* Established as 26 Air Defense Division on 21 Oct 1948: Activated on 16 Nov 1948: Redesignated 26 Air Division (Defense) on 20 Jun 1949: Inactivated on 1 Feb 1952
* Organized on 1 Feb 1952: Redesignated: 26 Air Division (SAGE) on 8 Aug 1958: Redesignated: 26 Air Division on 1 Apr 1966: Inactivated on 30 Sep 1969
* Activated on 19 Nov 1969: Inactivated on 30 Sep 1990
Continental Air Command: First Air Force, 16 Nov 1948
Air Defense Command, 1 Apr 1949: Attached to Eastern Air Defense Force, 17 Nov 1949: First Air Force, 16 Nov 1949:: Remained attached to Eastern Air Defense Forceto 31 Aug 1950: Eastern Air Defense Force, 1 Sep 1950-1 Aug 1959
Air Defense Command, 1 Aug 1959: Fourth Air Force, 1 Apr 1966-30 Sep 1969: Tenth Air Force, 19 Nov 1969
Aerospace Defense Command, 1 Dec 1969
Tactical Air Command, 1 Oct 1979. (ADTAC): First Air Force, 6 Dec 1985-30 Sep 1990.
Mitchel AFB, New York, 16 Nov 1948
* Mitchel AFB Sub Base #3, Roslyn,
New York, 18 Apr 1949-1 Feb 1952
* Mitchel AFB Sub Base #3, Roslyn (later, Roslyn AFS),
New York, 1 Feb 1952
* Syracuse AFS,
New York, 15 Aug 1958: Redesigated Hancock Field, New York, 14 Feb 1959
Stewart AFB, New York, 15 Jun 1964
* Adair AFS,
Oregon, 1 Apr 1966-30 Sep 1969
Luke AFB, Arizona, 19 Nov 1969
March AFB, California, 31 Aug 1983-1 Jul 1987.
* Bangor Air Defense: 15 Aug 1958-1 Apr 1966
* Detroit Air Defense: 4 Sep 1963-1 Apr 1966
* Goose Air Defense (Manual): 1 Jul 1963-1 Apr 1966
* Montgomery Air Defense: 1 Jul 1963-1 Oct 1964
* Syracuse Air Defense: 15 Aug 1958-4 Sep 1963
* Washington Air Defense: 1 Sep 1958-1 Apr 1966
* 4621 Air Defense Wing (SAGE) (later, New York Air Defense): 1 Apr-8 Jul 1956; 1 Oct 1956-1 Apr 1966
* 4622 Air Defense Wing (SAGE) (later, Boston Air Defense): 1 Jun-8 Jul 1956; 18 Oct 1956-1 Apr 1966
* l Fighter: 31 Dec 1969-1 Oct 1970:
Hamilton AFB, California
* 33 Fighter: 18 Oct 1956-8 Jan 1957: (under control of 4622 Air Defense Wing [SAGE] , 18 Oct 1956-8 Jan 1957):
Otis AFB, Massachusetts
* 78 Fighter: 1 Apr 1966-15 Sep 1969; 19 Nov-31 Dec 1969:
Hamilton AFB, California
* 551 Airborne Early Warning and Control: 1 Jul 1959-1 Apr 1966:
Otis AFB, Massachusetts
* 4707 Air Defense: 1 Mar-18 Oct 1956: Niagara Falls MAP,
* 4709 Defense (later, 4709 Air Defense): 16 Feb 1953-1 Oct 1956:
Suffolk County AFB, New York
* 4710 Defense (later, 4710 Air Defense): 16 Feb 1953-1 Mar 1956:
New Castle Airport, Delaware
* Air Forces, Iceland: 1 Jul-4 Sep 1963.
* 26th Air Division (SAGE) Provisional: attached 15 May 1963-1 Jul 1964.
* 408 Fighter: 1 Apr 1966-15 Sep 1969:
Kingsley Field, Oregon
* 414 Fighter: 19 Nov-31 Dec 1969:
Oxnard AFB, California
* 503 Aircraft Control and Warning: Attached 1 Apr-15 Nov 1949: Assigned 16 Nov 1949-1 Feb 1952 (not operational, 25 Mar 1950-1 Feb 1952) (Inactivated Feb 1952): Roslyn AFS.
* 751 Air Defense: 1 Mar 1970-17 Jan 1974: Resesignated 751st Radar Squadron, 17 Jan 1974: Laguna AFS,
* 858 Air Defense: 1 Mar 1970-17 Jan 1974: Resesignated 858th Radar Squadron, 17 Jan 1974: Las Vegas AFS,
* 4604th Support Group (Texas Towers): 762d Air Control and Warning (AC&W) Squadron (SAGE) (TT-2) (Apr 1958 - 15 Jan 1963):: Parent station was North Truro AFS,
Massachusetts: 773d Air Control and Warning (AC&W) Squadron (SAGE) (TT-3) (Oct 1958 - 25 Mar 1963):: Parent station was Montauk AFS, LI, New York: 646th Air Control and Warning (AC&W) Squadron (SAGE) (TT-4) (Apr 1959 - 15 Jan 1961):: Parent station was Highlands AFS, New Jersey
* 82 Fighter Interceptor: 1 Apr-25 Jun 1966 (detached 1 Apr-25 Jun 1966):
Travis AFB, California
* 84 Fighter Interceptor (later, 84 Fighter Interceptor Training): 1 Oct 1970-27 Feb 1987:
Castle AFB, California
* 456 Fighter Interceptor: 1 Apr 1966-18 Jul 1968:
Castle AFB, California
* 4758 Defense Systems Evaluation: 19 Nov 1969-31 Oct 1970:
Holloman AFB, New Mexico
Beginning in November 1948, the division performed air defense over an area that covered much of the industrial northeast, including
New York City, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.. It employed off shore naval picket ships, fixed "Texas Tower" radar sites, airborne early warning units, and a civilian ground observer corps program. The latter phased down when the SAGE program was implemented.
Improved radar and communications equipment and fighter interceptors, and better techniques and methods, eventually led to the 26th Air Division becoming the first operational SAGE air defense system (
1 January 1959) within Air Defense Command.
The 26th's area of control expanded until by 1963 its boundaries extended from the
Arcticto the Gulf of Mexicoand well toward the center of the United States. In 1961 the division assumed air defense training responsibility for Air National Guard (ANG) units within the area.
Cuban Missile Crisisof 1962, the division deployed fighter aircraft and part of its airborne early warning and control force to Florida. In April 1966, the division, replaced by the First Air Force, moved without personnel or equipment to Adair Air Force Station, Oregon, where it assumed responsibility for the defense of Oregon, part of Californiaand Nevada, gradually phasing down until it replaced the 27th Air Divisionat Luke Air Force Base, Arizonain November 1969.
In October 1979, it transferred to Tactical Air Command and continued to supervise its assigned components until
1 July 1987.
* Aerospace Defense Command publication, The Interceptor, January 1979 (Volume 21, Number 1).
* [http://www.maxwell.af.mil/au/afhra/rso/airdivision_pages/0026ad.asp Air Force Historical Research Agency: 26th Air Division]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
37th Air Division (United States) — Infobox Military Unit unit name= 37th Air Division caption= Emblem of the 37th Air Division dates= 1951 1969 country= United States allegiance= branch= United States Air Force type= role= Command and Control size= command structure= Air Defense… … Wikipedia
3rd Infantry Division (United States) — Infobox Military Unit unit name=3rd Infantry Division caption=3rd Infantry Division shoulder sleeve insignia country=USA allegiance= type=Division branch=Regular Army dates=November 21, 1917 Present specialization=Heavy command structure=Forces… … Wikipedia
29th Infantry Division (United States) — Infobox Military Unit unit name=29th Infantry Division caption=29th Infantry Division shoulder sleeve insignia country= United States of America allegiance= United States of America type=Division branch=National Guard dates= 1917 1919; 1941 1968; … Wikipedia
9th Infantry Division (United States) — Infobox Military Unit unit name=U.S. 9th Infantry Division caption=9th Infantry Division shoulder sleeve insignia countryUnited States of America allegiance= type=Division branch=Regular Army dates=1940 1947 1947 1962 1966 1969 1972 1991… … Wikipedia
1st Infantry Division (United States) — Infobox Military Unit unit name=1st Infantry Division caption=1st Infantry Division shoulder sleeve insignia country=United States allegiance= type=Division branch=Regular Army dates=May 24, 1917 specialization=Heavy Mechanized command… … Wikipedia
25th Infantry Division (United States) — Infobox Military Unit unit name=25th Infantry Division caption=US 25th Infantry Division shoulder sleeve insignia nickname= Tropic Lightning motto= colors= march= ceremonial chief= type=Light Infantry branch=Regular Army dates=October, 1941 –… … Wikipedia
8th Armored Division (United States) — Infobox Military Unit unit name=8th Armored Division caption=US 8th Armored Division Patch dates=1942 1945 country=USA branch=Army type=Armored Division command structure=* US Fifteenth Army November 1944 * US Third Army January 1945 * US Ninth… … Wikipedia
16th Armored Division (United States) — Infobox Military Unit unit name= U.S. 16th Armored Division caption=Shoulder sleeve patch of the United States Army 16th Armored Division dates= 1943 1945 country= United States of America allegiance= United States of America branch= United… … Wikipedia
42nd Infantry Division (United States) — Infobox Military Unit unit name=42nd Infantry Division (Mechanized) caption=42nd Infantry Division shoulder sleeve insignia dates=1917 1919; 1943 country=USA allegiance= branch=Army National Guard type=Division role=Infantry size= command… … Wikipedia
27th Infantry Division (United States) — Infobox Military Unit unit name= 27th Infantry Division caption=27th Infantry Division shoulder sleeve insignia. The red circle stars depict Orion, punning on O Ryan , the name of the division s World War I commander. dates= 1917–1919 1940–1945… … Wikipedia