- Remember That Night
Remember That Night
DVD cover of Remember That Night
Produced by David Gilmour Starring David Gilmour
Music by David Gilmour
Distributed by EMI (UK)
Release date(s) 17 September 2007 (UK/Europe)
18 September 2007 (US)
Remember That Night is a live concert recording of Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour's solo concerts at the Royal Albert Hall on 29, 30 & 31 May 2006 as part of his On an Island tour. The title is taken from a line in the song "On an Island". It has been released on both DVD and Blu-ray formats. The DVD version came out 17 September 2007 in the UK, Europe and Australia, and on 18 September 2007 in the USA and Canada. The Blu-ray version was released on 20 November 2007.
The DVD has subtitles for spoken portions of the DVD in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish.
The main concert at the Royal Albert Hall. These are the songs:
- "Speak to Me" (Mason)
- "Breathe" (Gilmour/Waters/Wright)
- "Time" (Gilmour/Waters/Mason/Wright)
- "Breathe (Reprise)" (Gilmour/Waters/Wright)
- "Castellorizon" (Gilmour)
- "On an Island" (with David Crosby and Graham Nash) (Gilmour/Samson)
- "The Blue" (with David Crosby and Graham Nash) (Gilmour/Samson)
- "Red Sky at Night" (Gilmour)
- "This Heaven" (Gilmour/Samson)
- "Then I Close My Eyes" (with Robert Wyatt) (Gilmour)
- "Smile" (Gilmour/Samson)
- "Take a Breath" (Gilmour/Samson)
- "A Pocketful of Stones" (Gilmour/Samson)
- "Where We Start" (Gilmour)
- "Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-2, 4-5)" (with David Crosby and Graham Nash) (Gilmour/Waters/Wright)
- "Fat Old Sun" (Gilmour)
- "Coming Back to Life" (Gilmour)
- "High Hopes" (Gilmour/Samson)
- "Echoes" (Gilmour/Waters/Wright/Mason)
- "Wish You Were Here" (Gilmour/Waters)
- "Find the Cost of Freedom" (with David Crosby and Graham Nash) (Stills)
- "Arnold Layne" (with David Bowie) (Barrett)
- "Comfortably Numb" (with David Bowie) (Gilmour/Waters)
The footage is from his concerts at the Royal Albert Hall on 29, 30 & 31 May 2006.
This disc contains the following bonus features:
- Bonus tracks from the Albert Hall concerts:
- Other bonus tracks
- Footage from the Mermaid Theatre concert (March 2006)
- "On an Island"
- "The Blue"
- "Take a Breath"
- "High Hopes"
- One filmed between shows in Los Angeles with some shots by Richard Wright, known as the West Coast Documentary
- Breaking Bread, Drinking Wine, a tour documentary by Gavin Elder
- The making of On an Island
- Photo Gallery
There are at least three hidden videos (or "Easter Eggs") on Disc 2 of the DVD, they are as follows:
- An acoustic version of "Echoes" which plays after the "Dark Globe" track (it will show if you fast forward past Dark Globe). This only plays if "Dark Globe" is selected from the menu and will not play while using the "Play All" function.
- A short video of David playing the cümbüş, to view this watch the Main Menu of the DVD and wait about 25 seconds for a firework to appear, use your DVD remote to quickly select the firework (using the enter button), this will play the video.
- "On an Island" dance remix video is available on the "Royal Albert Hall" sub-menu of the DVD, which includes bonus tracks from the Albert Hall, again wait about 20 seconds for a firework to play then select it with your DVD remote.
In addition to these are several small videos with further information and interviews in the documentaries, which will play if you press the enter button while the "Wireman" is shown in the window.
The UK/Europe premiere took place at the Leicester Square Odeon on 6 September 2007. It was transmitted live by satellite to various European cinemas. The North American premiere took place on 15 September 2007.
- "Speak to Me"
- "On an Island"
- "This Heaven"
- "The Blue"
- "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"
- "Fat Old Sun"
- "Coming Back to Life"
- "Arnold Layne"
- "Find the Cost of Freedom"
- "Wish You Were Here"
As part of the build-up to the release of the DVD, a two-track single was released as a download via iTunes with the tracks "Wish You Were Here" and "The Blue" taken from the DVD.
- David Gilmour - lead and backing vocals, electric, acoustic, classical on "High Hopes" & lap steel guitars, cümbüs on "Then I Close My Eyes", alto saxophone on "Red Sky at Night"
- Richard Wright - lead and backing vocals, Hammond organ, piano, synthesizer
- Dick Parry - tenor and baritone saxophones, electronic organ
- Phil Manzanera - twelve string acoustic guitar, electric guitar, classical guitar on "High Hopes" & backing vocals
- Guy Pratt - bass guitar, double bass, backing vocals, electric guitar on "Then I Close My Eyes"
- Jon Carin - synthesizer, backing vocals, lap steel guitar, programming
- Steve DiStanislao - drums, percussion & backing vocals
- David Bowie - vocals on "Arnold Layne" and "Comfortably Numb"
- David Crosby and Graham Nash - backing vocals on "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", "On An Island", and "The Blue"; Harmonised lead vocals on "Find The Cost of Freedom".
- Robert Wyatt - cornet on "Then I Close My Eyes"
- David Gilmour's official website
- David Gilmour's official blog
- Remember That Night DVD Premiere Photos
- Remember That Night at the Internet Movie Database
David Gilmour Studio albums Live albums Singles Videos and DVDs Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Remember that Night — Remember That Night, Live At The Royal Albert Hall Album par David Gilmour Sortie 2006 Enregistrement mai 2006 Genre Blues rock Soft rock Rock progressif Remember That Night es … Wikipédia en Français
Remember the Night — Infobox Film name = Remember the Night image size = 200px caption = theatrical poster producer = Mitchell Leisen Albert Lewis director = Mitchell Leisen writer = Preston Sturges starring = Barbara Stanwyck Fred MacMurray music = Frederick… … Wikipedia
I Remember That — Infobox Television episode Title = I Remember That Series = Desperate Housewives Caption = Season = 3 Episode = 14 Airdate = February 11, 2007 Production = 314 Writer = John Pardee Joey Murphy Director = David Warren Guests = Episode list = List… … Wikipedia
Night of Your Life (David Guetta song) — Night of Your Life Promotional single by David Guetta featuring Jennifer Hudson from the album Nothing but the Beat … Wikipedia
Night Route — The Twilight Zone (2nd revival) episode Episode no. Season 1 Episode 6 Directed by Jean de Segonzac Written by … Wikipedia
Night (book) — Night … Wikipedia
Night Terrors (Star Trek: The Next Generation) — Night Terrors Star Trek: The Next Generation episode Deanna s nightmare Episode no … Wikipedia
Night of the Living Dead — For other uses, see Night of the Living Dead (disambiguation). Night of the Living Dead … Wikipedia
Night Thrasher (Dwayne Taylor) — For the second Night Thrasher, see Donyell Taylor. Night Thrasher Dwayne Taylor and Silhouette Chord. Art by Mark Bagley. Publication information … Wikipedia
Remember When (The Sopranos episode) — Infobox Television episode | Title = Remember When Series = The Sopranos Season = 6 Episode = 15 Guests= see below Airdate = April 22, 2007 (HBO) Production = 615 Writer = Terence Winter Director = Phil Abraham Episode list = Episode chronology… … Wikipedia