- Renato Corona
Infobox Philippine Supreme Court Associate Justice
name=Renato C. Corona
term start= April 9, 2002
Arturo B. Buena
date of birth= October 15, 1948
place of birth= Tanauan City, Batangas
date of death=
place of death=
spouse= Cristina Roco Corona
Renato C. Corona (born
October 15, 1948) is an incumbent Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the Philippines. He was appointed to the Court on April 9, 2002by President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
Corona earned his law degree at the
Ateneo Law School, where he would serve as a member of the faculty for 17 years. He also received a Master of Lawsdegree from Harvard Law Schoolin 1982.
Corona served as the Presidential Legal Counsel and Deputy Executive Secretary to President
Fidel Ramos. In 1998, he became the chief of staff and spokesperson of then Vice President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. When Arroyo assumed the presidency in 2001, Corona became the Presidential Chief of Staff.
Some notable opinions
* [http://www.supremecourt.gov.ph/jurisprudence/2003/jul2003/153888.htm "Islamic Da'Wah Council v. Office of the Executive Secretary (2003)"] — "on right of national government to act as the exclusive authority to issue
* [http://www.supremecourt.gov.ph/jurisprudence/2003/jul2003/152154.htm "Republic v. Sandiganbayan (2003)"] — " on the forfeiture of Swiss assets of the Marcos family"
* [http://www.supremecourt.gov.ph/jurisprudence/2003/nov2003/160261_corona.htm "Francisco v. House of Rep. (2003) - Separate Opinion"] — "on the
impeachmentresolution against Chief Justice Hilario Davide, Jr."
* [http://www.supremecourt.gov.ph/jurisprudence/2005/feb2005/152900.htm "Uy v. PHELA Trading (2005)"] — "on constitutional
right to counsel"
* [http://www.supremecourt.gov.ph/jurisprudence/2005/mar2005/144801.htm "Taruc v. De la Cruz (2005)"] — "on court jurisdiction over challenges to religious
* [http://www.supremecourt.gov.ph/jurisprudence/2005/sep2005/141524.htm "Neypes v. Court of Appeals (2005)] — " "on period for
appealfrom decisions of trial courts"
* [http://www.supremecourt.gov.ph/jurisprudence/2006/october2006/174153_corona.htm "Lambino v. COMELEC (2006) - Dissenting Opinion] — " "on people's initiative as a mode to amend the Constitution
* [http://www.supremecourt.gov.ph/justices/j.corona.php Justice Renato C. Corona (Official Supreme Court Webpage)]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Renato I de Nápoles — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Estatua del Rey Renato, en Aix en Provence … Wikipedia Español
Castellani, Renato — (1913 1985) Screenwriter and director. Often labeled a calligrapher because of his meticulous attention to the more formal and pictorial aspects of his films, Castellani grew up in Argentina before returning to Italy to study architecture at… … Guide to cinema
Castellani, Renato — (1913 1985) Screenwriter and director. Often labeled a calligrapher because of his meticulous attention to the more formal and pictorial aspects of his films, Castellani grew up in Argentina before returning to Italy to study architecture at… … Historical dictionary of Italian cinema
Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Philippines — Incumbent Renato Corona since May 17, 2010 Style … Wikipedia
Conchita Carpio-Morales — Ombudsman of the Philippines Incumbent Assumed office July 28, 2011 Appointed by Benigno Aquino III Preceded by … Wikipedia
Maria Lourdes Sereno — Maria Lourdes Aranal Sereno Associate Justice of the Philippine Supreme Court Incumbent Assumed office August 13, 2010 Appointed by Benigno Aquino III Preceded by … Wikipedia
Batangas — Infobox Philippine province name = Batangas sealfile = Ph seal batangas.png region = CALABARZON (Region IV A) capital = Batangas City founded = March 10, 1917 pop2000 = 1,905,348 pop2000rank = 9th largest popden2000 = 602 popden2000rank = 7th… … Wikipedia
9th Congress of the Philippines — Philippines This article is part of the series: Politics and government of the Philippines … Wikipedia
Marcelo Fernan — Marcelo Celing B. Fernan 20th President of the Senate of the Philippines In office July 27, 1998 – June 28, 1999 President Joseph Estrada Preceded by Neptali Gonzales Succeeded by … Wikipedia
Artemio Panganiban — Artemio V. Panganiban 21st Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Philippines In office December 20, 2005 – December 7, 2006 Appointed by Gloria Macapagal Arroyo Preceded by Hilario G. Davide, Jr … Wikipedia