- Diesel Locomotive Works
- DLW redirects here. For the DL&W railroad in the United States, see Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad. For the light rail system in London, see Docklands Light Railway
Diesel Locomotive Work Industry Railway Founded 1961 Headquarters Varanasi, India Products Locomotives Website dlw.indianrailways.gov.in
Founded in 1961, the DLW rolled out its first locomotive three years later, on January 3, 1964. It manufactures locomotives which are variants based on the original ALCO designs dating to 1960s and the GM EMD designs of the 1990s. DLW has an annual production capacity of 150 locomotives and plans to increase it to 200 based on the current demand.
DLW locomotives have power outputs ranging from 2,600 horsepower (1,900 kW) to 4,000 horsepower (3,000 kW). Currently DLW is producing EMD GT46MAC and EMD GT46PAC locomotives under license from Electro-Motive Diesels (formerly GM-EMD) for Indian Railways.
It has supplied locomotives to other countries such as Germany, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Mali, Senegal, Sudan  Tanzania, Angola, and Vietnam and also to a few users within India, such as large power and steel plants.
- ^ "Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW)". http://www.janes.com/articles/Janes-World-Railways/Diesel-Locomotive-Works-DLW-MANUFACTURERS-AND-SERVICES--LOCOMOTIVES-AND-PASSENGER-VEHICLES-India.html. Retrieved 2008-01-11.
- ^ "DLW meets annual target ahead of the deadline". The Indian express Group. 2008-03-17. http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/dlw-meets-annual-target-ahead-of-the-deadline/285069/.
- ^ "Rlys plan to make more locomotives to tap global mkt". The Financial Express. 2008-08-08. http://www.financialexpress.com/news/rlys-plan-to-make-more-locomotives-to-tap-global-mkt/346046/.
- ^ "Indian Railways exports four diesel locomotives". The Economic Times. 2008-01-15. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/News_By_Industry/Transportation/Indian_Railways_exports_four_diesel_locomotives/articleshow/2702640.cms.
- ^ "Rs. 80-crore target for railway spares export". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 2004-11-11. http://www.hindu.com/2004/11/11/stories/2004111112590600.htm.
7.DLW staff on warpath over outsourcing issue [Varanasi]Times of India, Nov 14, 2009
8. DLW employees return to work [Varanasi] Times of India, Nov 14, 2009
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Diesel locomotive — Three styles of diesel locomotive body: cab unit, hood unit and box cab. These locomotives are operated by Pacific National in Australia … Wikipedia
Baldwin Locomotive Works — The Baldwin Locomotive Works was an American builder of railroad locomotives. It was located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania originally, and later in nearby Eddystone, Pennsylvania. Although the company was very successful as a producer of steam… … Wikipedia
Montreal Locomotive Works — MLW redirects here; for the professional wrestling promotions, see Maple Leaf Wrestling and Major League Wrestling Montreal Locomotive Works builder s plate, 1913 Montreal Locomotive Works (MLW) was a Canadian railway locomotive manufacturer… … Wikipedia
Montreal Locomotive Works — Pour les articles homonymes, voir MLW. Montreal Locomotive Works (MLW) était une compagnie canadienne de fabrication de locomotive de chemin de fer ayant eu plusieurs noms et propriétaires entre 1883 et 1985. La MLW produisit des locomotives à… … Wikipédia en Français
Lima Locomotive Works — was an American firm that manufactured railroad locomotives from the 1870s through the 1950s. The company took the most distinctive part of its name from its main shops location in Lima, Ohio. The shops were located between the Baltimore Ohio s… … Wikipedia
Hohenzollern Locomotive Works — The Hohenzollern Locomotive Works (Aktiengesellschaft für Lokomotivbau Hohenzollern) was a German locomotive building company which operated from 1872 to 1929. As well as conventional steam locomotives the company also built fireless steam… … Wikipedia
Whitcomb Locomotive Works — was founded by George Dexter Whitcomb (1834 1914), of Chicago, Illinois, who started a modest machine shop in 1878, and began the manufacture of coal mining machinery, laying the foundation for the concern that became known as The Whitcomb… … Wikipedia
Davenport Locomotive Works — Alabama Power Company fireless locomotive No.40 built by Davenport in 1953 at the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum. The Davenport Locomotive Works, of Davenport, Iowa, USA built locomotives from 1902 until 1956. The company acquir … Wikipedia
Baldwin Locomotive Works — 39°51′33″N 75°19′38″O / 39.85917, 75.32722 … Wikipédia en Français
Chittaranjan Locomotive Works — Chittranjan Locomotive Works ( Bengali: চিত্তরঞ্জন লোকোমোটিভ ওয়ার্কস ) is an electric locomotive manufacturer based in India, one of the largest manufacturers in the world. WAP5 Contents … Wikipedia