- Out of Space and Time
Out of Space and Time
Dust-jacket illustration by Hannes Bok for Out of Space and Time
Author(s) Clark Ashton Smith Cover artist Hannes Bok Country United States Language English Genre(s) Fantasy, Horror, Science fiction short stories Publisher Arkham House Publication date 1942 Media type Print (Hardback) Pages xii, 370 pp ISBN NA
Out of Space and Time is a collection of fantasy, horror and science fiction short stories by author Clark Ashton Smith. It was released in 1942 and was the third book published by Arkham House. 1,054 copies were printed.
The stories for this volume were selected by the author and were considered by him to be his best fantasy and horror stories to date. The collection contains stories from Smith's major story cycles of Averoigne, Hyperborea, Poseidonis, and Zothique.
Out of Space and Time contains the following tales:
- "Clark Ashton Smith: Master of Fantasy", by August Derleth & Donald Wandrei
- "The End of the Story"
- "A Rendezvous in Averoigne"
- "A Night in Malnéant"
- "The City of the Singing Flame"
- "The Uncharted Isle"
- "The Second Interment"
- "The Double Shadow"
- "The Chain of Aforgomon"
- "The Dark Eidolon"
- "The Last Hieroglyph"
- "The Death of Ilalotha"
- "The Return of the Sorcerer"
- "The Testament of Athammaus"
- "The Weird of Avoosl Wuthoqquan"
- "The Monster of Prophecy"
- "The Vaults of Yoh-Vombis"
- "From the Crypts of Memory"
- "The Shadows"
- Jersey, UK: Neville Spearman, 1971.
- St. Albans, UK: Panther, 1974 (2 vols.).
- Lincoln, NE: Bison, 2006.
- Jaffery, Sheldon (1989). The Arkham House Companion. Mercer Island, WA: Starmont House, Inc.. pp. 4–5. ISBN 1-55742-005-X.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd.. p. 26.
- Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. p. 23. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.
- Nielsen, Leon (2004). Arkham House Books: A Collector's Guide. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company, Inc.. pp. 48–49. ISBN 0-7864-1785-4.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Philosophy of space and time — is the branch of philosophy concerned with the issues surrounding the ontology, epistemology, and character of space and time. While such ideas have been central to philosophy from its inception, the philosophy of space and time was both an… … Wikipedia
SPACE AND PLACE (in Jewish Philosophy) — SPACE AND PLACE (in Jewish Philosophy). Philo The term place has three meanings for philo , one physical and two theological: (1) the space taken up by a body, (2) the divine logos , and (3) God Himself (Som. 1:11, 62–64). The first definition is … Encyclopedia of Judaism
Space and Missile Systems Center — Infobox Military Unit unit name= Space and Missile Systems Center caption= Space and Missile Systems Center emblem dates= July 1954–Present country= United States branch= Air Force type= Space systems development and operations size= 1,125… … Wikipedia
Technics and Time, 1 — Technics and Time, 1: The Fault of Epimetheus (French: La technique et le temps, 1: La faute d Épiméthée ) is a book by the French philosopher Bernard Stiegler, first published by Galilée in 1994. The English translation, by George Collins and… … Wikipedia
The Colour Out of Space — For the fictional being related to this article, see Colour out of space (species). The Colour Out of Space Author H. P. Lovecraft … Wikipedia
Date and time notation by country — Different style conventions and habits exist around the world for dates and times in writing and speaking. Examples:*The order that a year, month, and day are written. *How weeks are identified. *The 24 hour clock and/or the 12 hour clock. *The… … Wikipedia
Somewhere Out in Space — Infobox Album Name = Somewhere Out in Space Type = studio Artist = Gamma Ray Released = 1997 March 18, 2003 (Re release) Recorded = Genre = Power metal Length = 57:16 (1997) Label = RCA Records Producer = Reviews = *Allmusic Rating|4|5… … Wikipedia
The Wizard of Speed and Time — Infobox Film name = The Wizard of Speed and Time director = Mike Jittlov producer = Richard Kaye writer = Mike Jittlov starring = Mike Jittlov Paige Moore Richard Kaye Deven Chierighino Steve Brodie John Massari Gary Schwartz Frank LaLoggia… … Wikipedia
Space music — Space music, also spelled spacemusic, is an umbrella term used to describe music that evokes a feeling of contemplative spaciousness. In fact, almost any music with a slow pace and space creating sound images could be called spacemusic. Stephen… … Wikipedia
Space — is the extent within which matter is physically extended and objects and events have positions relative to one another [ [http://www.britannica.com/eb/article 9068962/space Britannica Online Encyclopedia: Space] ] . Physical space is often… … Wikipedia