- Dan LeFevour
Dan LeFevour No. -- Indianapolis Colts Quarterback Personal information Date of birth: March 19, 1987 Place of birth: Downers Grove, Illinois Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) Weight: 230 lb (104 kg) Career information College: Central Michigan NFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 6 / Pick: 181 No regular season or postseason appearances Career history Roster status: Practice Squad Career highlights and awards
Dan LeFevour (born March 19, 1987 in Downers Grove, Illinois) is an American football quarterback who is currently on the Indianapolis Colts practice squad. He was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the sixth round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at Central Michigan University. Known as a dual-threat quarterback, LeFevour has the most total touchdowns in NCAA history.
He has also been a member of the Cincinnati Bengals.
LeFevour graduated from Benet Academy in Lisle, Illinois in 2005. He started his high school career as the freshman team running back. Due to injuries at quarterback on the freshman team Dan stepped up in the final game and led the team successfully as their signal caller. After success at quarterback, he joined the varsity team his sophomore year. LeFevour became the full-time starting quarterback midseason. He continued on to start both his junior and senior years and was named the Offensive Player of the Year during his senior campaign. During his career at Benet, he threw for 2,929 yards (3rd most in school history), and completed 173 passes, 24 for touchdowns. His senior season, LeFevour passed for 945 yards and 7 touchdowns while compiling 634 rushing yards and 13 rushing touchdowns. LeFevour broke the all-time touchdown record for Benet with 54 scores in his career. He was named to the ESCC All-Conference team his senior year, and was also recognized as honorable mention all-state.
On February 4, 2011 Dan had his number 11 jersey retired at Benet, becoming the first football player to have that honor.
LeFevour led CMU to a bowl victory in the 2006 Motor City Bowl. He was named the bowl game's MVP, winning as a redshirt freshman. Dan was one of 35 players named to the Manning Award Watch List in August 2007. He was named Mid-American Conference West Division Player of the Week for two consecutive weeks in October 2007, and again in the second week of November. LeFevour also garnered USA Today's Player of the Week for the week of October 16, 2007. On December 1, 2007 LeFevour became the second player in Division I FBS history to pass for over 3,000 yards and rush for over 1,000 yards in a single season (Vince Young was the first). On September 12, 2009 at Michigan State, LeFevour passed Byron Leftwich to take over as the MAC all-time leader in total offense in a career. He currently holds Mid American Conference records for career completions, attempts, passing yards, passing touchdowns, total touchdowns, and total offensive yards. LeFevour is the only player in NCAA history with over 12,000 passing yards and 2,500 rushing yards and currently sits 2nd all time in total offensive yards. He was responsible for 150 total touchdowns, placing him in second place among FBS quarterbacks.
Year Games Completions Attempts Comp % Yards TDs Interception QB Rating 2006 14 247 388 63.7 3,031 26 10 146.2 2007 14 355 543 65.4 3,652 27 13 133.5 2008 11 251 376 66.8 2,784 21 6 144.2 2009 14 318 456 69.7 3,438 28 7 150.3 Career 53 1,171 1,763 66.4% 12,905 102 36 142.9
Year Games Rushes Yards Average Touchdowns 2006 14 123 521 4.0 7 2007 14 188 1,122 6.0 19 2008 11 168 592 3.5 6 2009 14 183 713 3.9 15 Career 53 671 2,948 4.4 47
Year Games Receptions Yards Average Touchdowns 2006 14 1 2 2.0 0 2007 14 1 32 32.0 1 2008 11 0 0 0 0 2009 14 1 24 24.0 0 Career 53 3 58 19.3 1
LeFevour was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the sixth round (181st overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft. He struggled through the 2010 preseason, completing 19 of 41 passes (46.3%), with 204 pass yards, 1 TD 1 int, 6 Sacks, and 38 rush yards. Chicago signed veteran Todd Collins to be the 3rd string quarterback, and waived LeFevour after the 2010 preseason in hopes of placing him on the practice squad.
LeFevour was claimed off waivers by the Cincinnati Bengals the next day, and spent the 2010 season as the third string quarterback, but did not see any action. He was waived on September 4, 2011, but was signed to the practice squad the next day. On September 6, he was released from the practice squad in favor of quarterback Zac Robinson, formerly of the Detroit Lions.
LeFevour was signed to the Colts practice squad on November 8, 2011.
Awards and accolades
- 2006 MAC Freshman of the Year
- 2006 All-MAC first team selection
- 2006 Honorable mention Freshman All-American by Sporting News
- 2006 Academic All-MAC honoree
- 2006 Motor City Bowl MVP
- 2007 USA Today Player of the Week
- 2007 MAC Offensive Player of the Year
- 2007 MAC Championship Game MVP
- 2007 All-MAC first team selection
- 2008 All-MAC second team selection
- 2009 MAC Offensive Player of the Year
- 2009 All-MAC first team selection
- 2009 MVP of the MAC Championship Game
- 2010 GMAC Bowl MVP
- 2010 Senior Bowl North team most outstanding player
- 2010 set the NCAA record for most total touchdowns by a Quarterback. 150. (102 passing, 47 rushing, 1 receiving)
- Most TDs in a Career - 150 - Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan, 2006-2009
- Most Points Responsible For, Career - 910 - Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan, 2006–2009
- ^ AP Photo (2009-12-05). "Dan LeFevour sets NCAA TD record as Central Michigan beats Ohio in MAC title game". MLive.com. http://www.mlive.com/chippewas/index.ssf/2009/12/dan_lefevour_sets_ncaa_td_reco.html. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- ^ "Central Michigan QB Dan LeFevour sets NCAA mark with 147th TD - ESPN". Sports.espn.go.com. 2009-12-05. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4715306. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- ^ "Dan LeFevour - CMUChippewas.com—Official Web Site of Central Michigan University Athletics". Cmuchippewas.com. 1987-03-19. http://www.cmuchippewas.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=46374&SPID=4199&DB_OEM_ID=10500&ATCLID=344614&Q_SEASON=2007. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- ^ Chicago Sun-Times. 2011-09-10. http://napervillesun.suntimes.com/sports/3676272-419/lefevour-benet-lot-football-yards.html.
- ^ "Scout.com: LeFevour Named to Manning Award Watch List". Centralmichigan.scout.com. 2007-08-08. http://centralmichigan.scout.com/2/666373.html. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- ^ "Scout.com: Gordy, LeFevour Earn MAC West Honors". Centralmichigan.scout.com. 2007-10-17. http://centralmichigan.scout.com/2/691908.html. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- ^ "LeFevour, Aguila Named MAC West Players of the Week - CMUChippewas.com—Official Web Site of Central Michigan University Athletics". Cmuchippewas.com. http://www.cmuchippewas.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=46371&SPID=4199&DB_OEM_ID=10500&ATCLID=1310571. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- ^ "LeFevour takes home Player of Week award". Usatoday.Com. 2007-10-16. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2007-10-14-player-of-the-week_N.htm. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- ^ "A Case for the Heisman". uhcougars.com. http://www.uhcougars.com/casekeenum/records.html. Retrieved 2011-11-04.
- ^ "Dan LeFevour Stats". espn.com. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13202/type/college/dan-lefevour.
- ^ Hugh Bernreuter (2010-08-24). "Dan LeFevour's struggles lead to Chicago Bears' signing of Todd Collins". http://www.mlive.com/chippewas/index.ssf/2010/08/dan_lefevours_struggles_lead_t.html. Retrieved 2011-09-06.
- ^ Joe Reedy (2011-09-06). "Murray takes open roster spot, LeFevour gone from practice squad". http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/09/06/murray-takes-open-roster-spot-lefevour-gone-from-practice-squad/. Retrieved 2011-09-06.
Chicago Bears 2010 NFL Draft selections
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dan LeFevour — Données générales Nationalité États Unis Date de naissance 19 mars 1987 ( … Wikipédia en Français
Dan Orlovsky — Orlovsky during his tenture with the Texans No. 6 Indianapolis Colts Quarterback … Wikipedia
2006 Michigan Wolverines football team — NCAATeamFootballSeason Year=2006 Team=Michigan Wolverines Conference=Big Ten Conference Division= ShortConference=Big Ten CoachRank=9 APRank=8 Record=11 2 ConfRecord=7 1 HeadCoach=Lloyd Carr OffCoach=Mike DeBord DefCoach=Ron English… … Wikipedia
2007 Purdue Boilermakers football team — NCAATeamFootballSeason Year=2007 Team=Purdue Boilermakers Conference=Big Ten Conference Division= ShortConference=Big Ten CoachRank= APRank= Record=8 5 ConfRecord=3 5 HeadCoach=Joe Tiller OffCoach=Bill Legg and Ed Zaunbrecher DefCoach=Brock Spack … Wikipedia
2009 NCAA Division I FBS football season — 2009 NCAA Division I FBS season Total # of teams 120 Preseason AP #1 Florida Gators Regular season September 3 – December 12 Number of bowls … Wikipedia
Benet Academy — Infobox School name = Benet Academy native name = latin name = imagesize = caption = location = streetaddress = 2200 Maple Ave. region = city = Lisle state = Illinois province = county = postcode = postalcode = zipcode = 60532 country = USA… … Wikipedia
List of current NFL team rosters — The following is a list of current National Football League (NFL) team rosters: Roster status key Notation Corresponding roster designation IR Reserve/Injured Waived/Injured Waived/Injured Injured Practice Squad/Injured Active/PUP… … Wikipedia
Eastern Michigan Eagles football — Current season … Wikipedia
Indianapolis Colts — Current season Established 1953 Play in Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana Headquartered in the Indianapolis Colts Football Training Center Indianapolis, Indiana … Wikipedia
Chris Gronkowski — Gronkowski at the 2010 NFL Hall of Fame game No. 49 Indianapolis Colts Fullback Personal informat … Wikipedia