- Richard A. Brealey
Richard A. Brealey is a special adviser to the Governor of the Bank of England and Visiting Professor of Finance at the
London Business School. Dr. Brealey was a full-time faculty member of the London Business School from 1968-1998. He is the former President of the European Finance Associationand Director of the American Finance Association. He is a member of the editorial boards of the "Journal of Applied Corporate Finance", "Journal of Empirical Finance", and "European Finance Review". Books written by Dr. Brealey include "Introduction to Risk and Return from Common Stocks". He is also the former director of The Brattle Group, Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada UK Holdings plc, and Tokai Derivative Products Ltd.
Exeter College, Oxford, Politics, Philosophy and Economics (first class honours)
Richard A. Brealey is the Tokai Bank Professor of Finance at the London Business School. He is a past Director of the American Finance Association and past President of the European Finance Association. He is also an elected Honorary Fellow of the Society of Investment Analysts. He is co-author (with Stewart C. Myers) of the leading graduate-level textbook on corporate finance, as well as several other books and numerous articles. He frequently advises major corporations and government agencies, and he is an experienced expert witness in both U.K.-domestic and international disputes.
Areas of Expertise
FinanceBankruptcy, Cost of Capital, Financial Institutions, Forensic Accounting, Project Finance & DevelopmentCommercial LitigationIntellectual Property, Securities & CommoditiesIndustry FocusGovernmental & Regulatory Bodies
Articles & Reports
* "The Cost of Capital for the Nor-Ned Cable," by Richard A. Brealey, Richard Caldwell and Carlos Lapuerta, The Brattle Group, Ltd., June 2004.
* "Personal Taxes and the Time Variation of Stock Returns - Evidence from the UK," by Richard A. Brealey, J"ournal of Banking and Finance", 1999.
* "The Asian Crisis: Lessons for Crisis Management and Prevention," by Richard A. Brealey, "Journal of International Finance", 1999.
* "What is the International Dimension of International Finance?," by Richard A. Brealey, I.A. Cooper, and E. Kaplanis, "European Finance Review", 1999.
* "Competitive Position of London's Financial Services," by Richard A. Brealey, City Research Project, Final Report, Corporation of London, 1995.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.