Marple may refer to:
- As a place
- Marple, Greater Manchester
- Marple Bridge, a village within the Metropolitan Borough of Stockport, in Greater Manchester, England.
- Marple Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, in the United States
- As a surname
- Carole Marple (born 1941), Australian politician
- Stan Marple, a Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- In fiction
- Miss Marple, a fictional character created by Agatha Christie
- Agatha Christie's Marple, a British TV series from 2004 onwards, with Geraldine McEwan and later Julia McKenzie
- Miss Marple (TV series), a British TV series from 1984 to 1992, with Joan Hickson
- Agatha Christie's Great Detectives Poirot and Marple, an anime television series
- Miss Marple's Final Cases and Two Other Stories, a short story collection written by Agatha Christie
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Marple — hat folgende Bedeutungen: eine Gemeinde in Nordengland, siehe Marple (Greater Manchester) als Miss Marple eine berühmte Hobby Detektivin in den Kriminalromanen von Agatha Christie Diese Seite ist eine Begriffsklärung zur Unterscheidung mehrerer m … Deutsch Wikipedia
Marple — (spr. marpl), Stadt in Cheshire (England), am Goyt, dem Peak Forest und Macclesfieldkanal, mit schöner gotischer Kirche und (1901) 5595 Einw … Meyers Großes Konversations-Lexikon
Marple — Recorded in the spellings of Maple, Mapples, Marple, Marples, and Maypole, this is an English surname. According to the famous Victorian etymologist Canon Charles Bardsley, the surname is from Yorkshire, and not in anyway associated with the… … Surnames reference
Marple — a character in several novels by Agatha Christie. Miss Marple is a gentle, respectable old woman who has a remarkable ability to solve mysteries and crimes. She first appeared in the novel The Murder in the Vicarage (1930). There have been many… … Universalium
Marple — Original name in latin Marple Name in other language State code GB Continent/City Europe/London longitude 53.39452 latitude 2.06292 altitude 147 Population 18886 Date 2011 03 03 … Cities with a population over 1000 database
Marple — Mar|ple, Miss Jane a character in crime novels by Agatha Christie. Miss Marple is a very nice polite old English lady who is also clever at discovering criminals, especially murderers … Dictionary of contemporary English
Marple railway station — Marple Location Place Marple … Wikipedia
Marple Aqueduct — The Marple Aqueduct from the River Goyt. Carries Peak Forest Canal Crosses River Goyt Location Marple, Gr … Wikipedia
Marple Hall School — A Specialist Language College Established 1960 Type Community comprehensive Headteacher … Wikipedia
Marple Scouts — Marple Scouts, Marple, Greater Manchester, were one of the first Scout Groups to be founded, in 1908. 1st Marple Group is part of Goyt District, which in turn is within Greater Manchester East county. Marple is one of the larger groups within the … Wikipedia