- John E. Floyd
name = John E. Floyd
birth_date = birth date|1937|5|6|mf=y
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
University of Toronto
University of Saskatchewan
John E. Floyd (born
May 6, 1937in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan) is a Canadian economistand member of the University of Torontofaculty. [cite web
title =John Floyd Home Page
work = Professor Floyd's Home Page
publisher =CHASS iFaculty of Arts & Science, University of Toronto.
September 11, 2007
url = [http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/floyd/ Floyd's Site]
accessdate = 2007-11-15 ]
Floyd received his B.Comm. from the
University of Saskatchewanin 1958, and continued to obtain an honours economics degree in 1959. He later obtained M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Chicagoin 1962 and 1964 respectively.
Before coming to the
University of Torontoin 1970, Floyd spent 9 years at the University of Washington. He joined the Washington faculty as an Assistant Professor in 1962, and was promoted to Associate Professor in 1966 and Full Professor in 1970.
Since 1970, Floyd has been a professor in the Department of Economics at the
University of Toronto.
* "The Overvaluation of the Dollar: A Note on the International Price Mechanism," American Economic Review, March 1965.
* "The Effects of Farm Price Supports on the Returns to Land and Labor in Agriculture," Journal of Political Economy, April 1965.
* "Economic Growth, Price Trends, and the U.S. Balance of Trade: 1925-62", "
Journal of Political Economy", November/December 1968, (with J. Allan Hynes).
* "International Capital Movements and Monetary Equilibrium," American Economic Review, September 1969.
* "Monetary and Fiscal Policy in a World of Capital Mobility," The Review of Economic Studies, October 1969.
* "The Contribution of Real Money Balances to the Level of Wealth," The Journal of Money Credit and Banking, May 1972, (with J. Allan Hynes).
* "Deficit Finance and 'First Round' Crowding Out: A Clarification," Canadian Journal of Economics, February 1978 (with J. Allan Hynes).
* "The Asset Theory of the Exchange Rate: A Comment," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, 1978.
* "The Structure of Production, the Composition of Final Demand and the Determination of the Price Level and Employment," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, May 1978, (with J. Allan Hynes).
* "Capital Immobility, Adjustment Costs, and the Theoretical Foundations of Income-Expenditure Models," Journal of Political Economy, December 1978, (with J. Allan Hynes).
* "Government Expenditure Policies in a Small Open Economy," Canadian Journal of Economics, August 1979.
* "Debt Illusion and Imperfect Information," European Economic Review, 1979, (with J. Allan Hynes).
* "Tax Policy in an Open Economy: A Monetary Approach to a Keynesian Problem," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, 1980.
* Microsets, W.W. Norton, 1981, (with Patrick O'Donoghue, Tanya Roberts, and Mary Eysenbach).
* World Monetary Equilibrium: International Monetary Theory in an Historical-Institutional Context, Philip Allen & University of Pennsylvania Press, 1985.
* On the Dollar, The Fraser Institute, Vancouver, 1985.
* "Balance of Payments Adjustment under the International Gold Standard," Explorations in Economic History, 1991, (with Trevor J. O. Dick).
* Canada and the Gold Standard, 1871-1914, Cambridge University Press, 1992, (with Trevor J. O. Dick).
* "Canada and the Gold Standard, 1871-1914: A Durable Monetary Regime," in Michael Bordo and Forrest Capie, eds. Monetary Regimes in Transition, Cambridge University Press, 1993, (with Trevor J. O. Dick).
* "Are Canadian Interest Rates Too High?" Canadian Public Policy, June 1995.
* "Balance of Payments Adjustment Under Gold Standard Policies: Canada and Australia Compared," in Tamim Bayoumi, Barry Eichengreen and Mark Taylor, eds. Modern Perspectives on the Gold Standard, Cambridge University Press, 1996, (with Trevor J. O. Dick and David Pope).
* "A Portfolio Balance Model of Gold Standard," in B. Eichengreen and M. Flandreau, eds., The Gold Standard in Theory and History, 2nd. ed., New York: Metheun, 1997, pp. 76-98, [Abridged reprint of the paper published in Explorations in Economic History, 28, 1991] (with Trevor J. O. Dick).
* "Real and Monetary Shocks to the Canadian Dollar: Do Canada and the United States Form an Optimal Currency Area?", North American Journal of Economics and Finance, 13, 2002 (with Jack Carr).
* [http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/floyd/ Floyd's Site]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
John B. Floyd — John Buchanan Floyd John Buchanan Floyd (* 1. Juni 1806 in Blacksburg, Virginia; † 26. August 1863 in Abingdon, Virginia) war ein US amerikanischer Gouverneur von Virginia, Kriegsminister und … Deutsch Wikipedia
John Buchanan Floyd — (* 1. Juni 1806 in Blacksburg, Virginia; † 26. August 1863 in Abingdon, Virginia) war ein US amerikanischer Gouverneur von Virginia, Kriegsminister und Generalmajor der … Deutsch Wikipedia
John C. Floyd — John Charles Floyd (* 14. April 1858 in Sparta, White County, Tennessee; † 4. November 1930 in Yellville, Arkansas) war ein US amerikanischer Politiker. Zwischen 1905 und 1915 vertrat er den dritten Wahlbezirk des Bundesstaates Arkansas im US… … Deutsch Wikipedia
John G. Floyd — John Gelston Floyd (February 5, 1806 October 5, 1881) was a U.S. Representative from New York, grandson of William Floyd.Born in Mastic, near Moriches, Long Island, New York, Floyd attended the common schools, and was graduated from Hamilton… … Wikipedia
John C. Floyd — John Charles Floyd (April 14, 1858 November 4, 1930) was a U.S. Representative from Arkansas.Born in Sparta, Tennessee, Floyd moved to Benton County, Arkansas, in 1869 with his parents, who settled near Bentonville.He attended the common and high … Wikipedia
John B. Floyd — Infobox US Cabinet official name=John Buchanan Floyd order=24th title=United States Secretary of War term start=March 6, 1857 term end=December 29, 1860 president=James Buchanan predecessor=Jefferson Davis successor=Joseph Holt birth date=birth… … Wikipedia
John Buchanan Floyd — Pour les articles homonymes, voir John Buchanan et Buchanan. John Buchanan Floyd John Buchanan Floyd (1er ju … Wikipédia en Français
John Floyd — may refer to: * John Floyd (Jesuit), 17th century English Jesuit preacher * John Floyd (Georgia politician), 19th century United States representative from Georgia * John Floyd (Virginia politician), 19th century United States representative from … Wikipedia
John Floyd — (* 24. April 1783 in der Nähe des heutigen Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky; † 16. August 1837 bei Sweet Springs, Virginia) war ein US amerikanischer Politiker und von 1830 bis 1834 … Deutsch Wikipedia
Floyd (Name) — Floyd ist ein Vorname und Familienname. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Herkunft und Bedeutung 2 Namensträger 2.1 Vorname 2.2 Familienname … Deutsch Wikipedia