- 1984 VFL season
Infobox VFL Premiership Season
year = 1984
teams = 12
premiers = AFL Ess
minor premiers = AFL Ess
top goal scorer =
Bernie Quinlan(AFL Fit)
brownlow medalist =
Peter Moore(AFL Mel)
Results and statistics for the Victorian Football League season of 1984.
AFL Ess defeated Sydney 13.11 (89) to 5.8. (38) in the Final.
All teams played 22 games during the home and away season, for a total of 132. An additional 6 games were played during the finals series.
Brownlow Medalwas awarded to Peter Moore of Melbourne.
Coleman Medalwas awarded to Bernie Quinlanof Fitzroy.
* The VFL Players Association MVP Award, now known as the
Leigh Matthews Trophy, was awarded to Russell Greeneof Hawthorn.
Norm Smith Medalwas awarded to Billy Duckworthof Essendon.
* The Wooden Spoon was awarded to St Kilda.
Early VFL Final systems
* Page-McIntyre "Final Four" system
* McIntyre "Final Five" system
* Stephen Rodgers: "Every Game Ever Played" VFL/AFL Results 1897-1991 3rd Edition 1992. Penguin Books Australia ISBN 0 670 90526 7.
* [http://stats.rleague.com/afl/seas/1984.html 1984 Season - AFL Tables]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.