- Jonti Picking
Jonti Picking Born Jonathan Picking
17 May 1975
Doncaster, England, UK
Nationality British Years active 2002–present Known for Surreal comedy, Satire, Music video Notable works Spouse Sarah Darling Internet information Web alias(es) Weebl Meme Badger Badger Badger
2 September 2003
His movies are known for repetitive melodies and surreal dialogue; the majority of them also feature a catchy tune with equally silly lyrics. He does most of the voices in his animations himself, and several feature himself in live action, including "Haricots Verts", "Chutney", "Boogie", "CAMRA", "Stockmarket", "We Are Mature", "Tangerine" the Weebl and Bob episodes "DJ" and "Safety", the fourth On The Moon episode, and "Jazzmas". He has also worked with other animators on YouTube, such as Edd Gould in the video "Nuts [Weebl]".
Picking is a trained sound engineer and artist, and has also worked on 3D visual effects for the movie Resident Evil. In 2003, he made several advertisements for Anchor Butter in the style of his Weebl and Bob animations, but featuring cows. These were broadcast in the UK. The television program Totally Viral on UKTV G2, consisting of video clips and cartoons from the internet, has an animated title sequence and links made by Jonti. Jonti set up his own production company called Sumo Dojo, which he has since left to set up Weebl's Stuff Limited, also known as Weebl Ltd. Picking married Sarah Darling (a radio presenter on the station Xfm) on 31 March 2007. On 23 December 2008, Picking announced his wife's pregnancy on the official Weebl's Stuff forums. On 13 July 2009, Picking's wife gave birth to a baby girl.
In 2009, Picking produced several radio and television adverts based on the tune of the first "Magical Trevor" for the 118 24 7 service of Yell.com. It appeared on the ITV television channel, amongst others. It was voted 6th Most Irritating Ad of 2009 by Marketing Magazine. He is also an admitted fan of Wesley Willis and he used his music in the cartoon "Merry Christmas".
Weebl's Stuff is Weebl's personal website. Whilst initially starting with his own creations (Weebl and Bob was previously hosted on a different site before moving to Weebl's Stuff), it has since grown to incorporate numerous series and numerous staff. As well as providing the site with animations, usually at least twice a week, Weebl's Stuff also provides animation services to companies. Clients have included E4, Yellow Pages and Anchor.
Weebls's Stuff Podcast
I like chicken and peas. It's the sort of thing I'd have for my tea when I'm listening to Weebl and Skoo on the Internetty. Oh yeah!
The site staff also works on the animation of the currently No. 1 animated show on YouTube, Dick Figures.
- Weebl (aka Jonti Picking)
- Key animator, writer, voice artist and musician. Almost all the content on the site has his involvement.
- Skoo (aka Chris Vick)
- Co-writer for the Weebl and Bob series, as well as other cartoons. Sometimes makes animations when Weebl is ill.
- Peabo (aka Peter Murray Hill)
- Animator who primarily works on the On the Moon series. He also co-writes and provides music for some toons.
- ZekeySpaceyLizard (aka Nathan Malone)
- Additional animator. He usually works as an additional animator for the Weebl and Bob series.
- Darling (aka Sarah Darling)
- Picking's wife. She writes for Cat Face, as well as providing occasional voice-overs and articles for the site.
- The webmaster who maintains the site.
- Wonchop (aka Ben Smallman)
- Another animator who worked on animations such as Narwhals between 2008 and 2010. He co-animated episodes of Cat Face between episodes 7 and 22.
Jonti has produced several mini-albums, most of which feature extended versions of songs featured in his flash animations. Pure Yak Frenzy was released as a CD available from the Weebl's Stuff store, whilst subsequent albums are available from iTunes and Amazon.
- Pure Yak Frenzy (produced with Rob Manuel from b3ta) (2003)
- Hands Over Pastry (April 6, 2009)
- Yesterday's Lemon (October 26, 2009)
- Magical Chalk Toilet (November 17, 2010)
- Weebl's cartoons (discusses Magical Trevor, Kenya, Patrick Moore Plays the Xylophone, Breadfish, Chutney, Scampi, Strawberry Pancake, etc.)
- Weebl and Bob
- On The Moon
- Badger Badger Badger
- Chris Vick (Jonti's co-writer)
- ^ http://www.weebls-stuff.com/news/658/im-married
- ^ "118 24 7 and Magical Trevor, what a team". Yell.com. http://www.118247.com/inspiration.html. Retrieved 2009-03-24.
- ^ http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/News/MostRead/977046/irritating-ads-2009/
- ^ http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/Merry+Christmas/
- ^ http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002YLVSDG
- ^ http://www2.printshop.co.uk/Weebl/Shop/CDs/Pure_Yak_Frenzy/Product.html
- ^ http://weebls-stuff.com/news/925/buy-my-new-album
- ^ http://weebls-stuff.com/news/1005/dancey-times
Cartoons RelatedJonti Picking · Chris Vick
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Weebl's cartoons — Jonti Picking has created many Flash cartoons, distributed on the Weebl s Stuff website. It is also published on Newgrounds: a flash portal website. Contents 1 Main series 1.1 Weebl and Bob 1.2 On The Moon 1.3 … Wikipedia
Weebl and Bob — Created by Jonti Picking (aka Weebl) Written by Jonti Picking Chris Vick (aka Skoo) Animated by Jonti Picking Nathan Malone Voiced by Jonti Picking Sarah Darling Chris Vick (occasionally) Launched June 6, 2002 … Wikipedia
On the Moon — Opening logo for each episode. Created by Jonti Picking (Weebl) Chris Vick (Skoo) Peter Murray Hill (Peabo) Written by Jonti Picking Chris Vick Peter Murray Hill … Wikipedia
On The Moon — Internet cartoon Opening logo for each episode. name=On The Moon devise=Jonti Picking (Weebl) Chris Vick (Skoo) Peter Murray Hill (Peabo) writer=Jonti Picking Chris Vick Peter Murray Hill animator=Peter Murray Hill voice actor=Jonti Picking… … Wikipedia
Skoo (Weebls-Stuff) — Skoo (born Chris Vick on May 2, 1980) is known for co writing almost every episode of the Weebl and Bob cartoon series since 2002, and now (more commonly) for the Weebl s Stuff cartoons. His proper name was revealed on the Wobbl and Bob DVD… … Wikipedia
Weebl's Stuff — infobox website name = Weebl s Stuff caption = Weebl and Bob url = http://www.weebls stuff.com/ type = Humour owner = Jonti Weebl Picking author = Jonti Weebl PickingWeebl s Stuff is a website showcasing Flash animations created by Jonti Weebl… … Wikipedia
Prawn To Be Wild — is a 12 part point and click adventure game, sponsored by T Mobile, which delves into the backstory of Jonti Picking s animated web series, On the Moon . Focusing on Moon character Insanity Prawn Boy, PTBW is set before the crustacean moves to… … Wikipedia
B3ta — Infobox Website name = b3ta favicon = caption = url = http://b3ta.com/ commercial = No type = Digital Arts Community, Message board registration = Optional, Required to post owner = Rob Manuel, Cal Henderson, Denise Wilton author = Communal… … Wikipedia
List of Internet phenomena — This is a list of phenomena specific to the Internet, such as popular themes and catchphrases, images, viral videos and more. Such fads and sensations grow rapidly on the Internet because its instant communication facilitates word of mouth. In… … Wikipedia
Badger Badger Badger — nommé parfois Badgers est une animation Flash réalisée par le britannique Jonti Picking, webmaster de weebl s stuff. Le nom de la vidéo vient du fait que les principaux protagonistes sont des blaireaux (badger en anglais). Considérée comme un… … Wikipédia en Français