- Dennis Fetchet
Dennis Fetchet, a Southern California bluegrass musician who plays fiddle & mandolin and sings baritone, tenor, and occasional lead with the Grateful Dudes Bluegrass Band and Disneyland's Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. He is also accomplished on the guitar, and blues harp.
Dennis has played all over the world with country music superstar Hoyt Axton. He was a member of Hoyt Axton's band from 1978 until Hoyt's retirement from performing in 1987. Dennis has also been a member of the LA Fiddle Band, The Wild Hickory Nuts, the Southland Bluegrass Band, and the Bluegrass Cardinals.
Since 1992, Dennis has been a member of Billy Hill and the Hillbillies and can currently be seen at Disneyland as "Billy Fiddle" in the Billy Hill and the Hillbillies show at the Golden Horseshoe Saloon in Frontierland. There, he demonstrates "speed fiddling" five times daily (Saturday - Wednesday) with his specialty "The Orange Blossom", and also shows off his talents for comedy, guitar, mandolin, blues harp, and other assorted instruments.
He can also be seen most Saturday nights playing with The Grateful Dudes at Vincenzo's in Newhall.
- 15th Annual Topanga Banjo and Fiddle Contest - featuring various artists - 1975 - on fiddle playing the "Cotton Patch Rag", and "Black Mountain".
- Bluegrass Cardinals - Bluegrass Cardinals - 1976 - on fiddle - playing on all tracks.
- Rusty Old Halo - Hoyt Axton - 1979 - on Fiddle and harmonica - playing on all tracks.
- Where Did the Money Go? - Hoyt Axton - 1980 - on Fiddle and harmonica - playing on all tracks.
- Hoyt Axton Live - Hoyt Axton - 1981 - on fiddle and harmonica - featured as a solo on "Orange Blossom Special" and "Roanoake".
- Pistol Packin’ Mama - Hoyt Axton - 1981 - on Fiddle and harmonica on all tracks.
- Lonesome Feeling - Herb Pedersen - 1984 - on fiddle
- Plunge - Michael Stearns - 1986 - on fiddle
- Polka Party! - "Weird Al" Yankovic - 1986 - on fiddle for “Good Enough For Now” track.
- Collected Thematic Works - Michael Stearns - 1987 - on fiddle
- Songs of the Working People - featuring various artists - 1988 - on fiddle - on "Flying Fish" track.
- Now They Are Four - Byron Berline - 1989 - on fiddle - on "Santa Ana" track
- Back to the Future - featuring various artists - 1990 - on fiddle - ZZ Top song used in old west scene.
- California Traveler - California Traveler - 1992 - on fiddle
- Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - 1996 - on fiddle, electric guitar, and harmonica - on all tracks.
- What's Left? - The Foremen - 1996 - on fiddle
- Highway to Here - Sharon Cort - 1997 - on fiddle
- Landscapes - Joyce Woodson - 1998 - on fiddle
- Pistol Packin' Mama/Spin of the Wheel Re-release - Hoyt Axton - 1998 - on fiddle and Lap Steel Guitar.
- Rusty Old Halo/Where Did the Money Go Re-release - Hoyt Axton - 1998 - on fiddle and mandolin.
- Private Edition - Bobby Cochran - 1999 - on Fiddle.
- Pickin' on Jerry Garcia - featuring Various Artists - 2001 - on Fiddle - on "Gomorrah" and "Rhapsody In Red" tracks.
- None of Your Business - The Big Shots - released between 1997-2000 - on fiddle - on "Stop It" track.
- I Want U 2 Want Me - The Billys - 2002 - on fiddle, vocals and mandolin - on all tracks.
- The Billys Live - The Billys - 2006 - on fiddle, vocals and mandolin - on all tracks.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies — are a musical/variety group at Disneyland in Anaheim, California. The group performs a bluegrass country music centered show along with classic rock and rap (performed in a country and bluegrass style). They have released some of their music on… … Wikipedia
Polka Party! — Infobox Album | Name = Polka Party! Type = Album Artist = Weird Al Yankovic Released = October 21, 1986 Recorded = April, August September 1986 Genre = Comedy Length = 34:07 Label = Scotti Brothers Producer = Rick Derringer Reviews = * Allmusic… … Wikipedia
Golden Horseshoe Saloon — The Golden Horseshoe Stage (referred to as Pecos Bill s Golden Horseshoe Saloon during construction) opened in 1955 with several other original attractions at Disneyland Park in Anaheim, California. Over the years it has now housed multiple… … Wikipedia