- Scottish Land Court
The Scottish Land Court is based in
Edinburghand deals with disputes relating to agricultural tenanciesbetween landlords and tenants. The court also deals with matters related to crofts.
The Scottish Land Court was established under section 3 of the
Small Landholders (Scotland) Act 1911as amended by the Scottish Land Court Act 1993.
* receives applications from a party (or parties) involved in a dispute
* issues orders guiding and controlling the proceedings
* conducts hearings to take evidence and hear the arguments of the parties to the dispute
* gives a written decision on the case
* reports decisions in the Scottish Land Court Reports and other publications.
* [http://www.scottish-land-court.org.uk/ Official website]
* [http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/LegResults.aspx?LegType=All+Legislation&title=Small+Landholders&searchEnacted=0&extentMatchOnly=0&confersPower=0&blanketAmendment=0&sortAlpha=0&TYPE=QS&PageNumber=1&NavFrom=0&activeTextDocId=1069548 Small Landholders (Scotland) Act 1911 (c.49)]
* [http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts1993/Ukpga_19930045_en_1.htm Scottish Land Court Act 1993 (c.45)]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Court of Session — redirects here. For other uses, see Court of Session (disambiguation). Court of Session Logo of the Court of Session Established 1532 … Wikipedia
Court of the Lord Lyon — The arms of office of the Lord Lyon King of arms, the sovereign of the Court of the Lord Lyon. The Court of the Lord Lyon, also known as the Lyon Court, is a standing court of law which regulates heraldry in Scotland. Like the College of Arms in… … Wikipedia
Scottish law — ➡ note at legal system. * * * Legal practices and institutions of Scotland. When the English and Scottish parliaments were joined in 1707, the legal systems of the two countries were very dissimilar. Scotland had supplemented its customary law… … Universalium
Court of Exchequer (Scotland) — Scots law This article is part of the series: Law of Scotland Administration … Wikipedia
Scottish Parliament Building — The Scottish Parliament Building ( gd. Pàrlamaid na h Alba) [ [http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/vli/language/gaelic/index.htm scottish.parliament.uk] , accessed 2 May 2007] is the home of the Scottish Parliament at Holyrood, within the UNESCO… … Wikipedia
Scottish Parliament — For the national legislative body before 1707, see Parliament of Scotland. Scottish Parliament Pàrlamaid na h Alba 4th Parliame … Wikipedia
Scottish Labour Party — This article is about the part of the British Labour Party which operates in Scotland. For other political parties with the same name, see Scottish Labour Party (disambiguation). Scottish Labour Party Pàrtaidh Làbarach na h Alba Scottis Labour… … Wikipedia
Scottish Parliament general election, 2011 — 2007 ← members 5 May 2011 Members elected → … Wikipedia
Scottish Parliament general election, 2007 — Scottish Parliament election, 2007 2003 ← members 3 May 2007 Members elected → … Wikipedia
Land-Tenure in the Christian Era — • The way in which land has been held or owned during the nineteen hundred years which have seen in Europe the rise and establishment of the Church is a matter for historical inquiry. Strictly speaking, the way in which such ownership or tenure… … Catholic encyclopedia