- List of social nudity places in North America
This is a
list of social nudity placesin North Americaand adjacent islands for recreation. Includes free beaches (or clothing-optional beaches or nude beaches) and some resorts.
These are just the most prominent nude beaches in Canada. For a more complete listing of free beaches and naturist resorts, visit [http://www.fcn.ca Federation of Canadian Naturists] . For general information on the naturist community, visit [http://www.netnude.com NetNude portal] . For more information on top-freedom (toplessness) in Canada (and elsewhere), see [http://www.tera.ca Top-Free Equal Rights Association] .
:"See Pacific Northwest locations listed at [http://naked.wikia.com/wiki/Pacific_Northwest Pacific Northwest] at Naked Wikia"
* All areas of British Columbia, unless otherwise specified by town or city by-laws, allow both males and females to be topless in public.
Wreck Beachis the second largest clothing-optional beach in North Americawith over 100,000 visitors each year. On the shore of the Georgia Straitand the north arm of the Fraser River, it is part of Pacific Spirit Regional Park, which is adjacent to the University Endowment Lands, just west of the city limits of Vancouver.
Surrey, British Columbia, 2006 political wrangling has fallen "in favour" of allowing nude sunbathing at Crescent Rock Beach. [cite web | url = http://www.crescentrockbeach.org/HTM/Politics.htm | title = Surrey's United Naturists News]
* Red Sands Beach in
Nelson, British Columbiais a nude beach used mainly by locals. Camping is also common there.
*All areas of Ontario, unless otherwise specified by town or city by-laws, allow both males and females to be topless in public.
Hanlan's Point Beach, on the Toronto Islandsat coord|43|36|55|N|79|24|36|W|type:landmark_scale:10000 is a sandy Clothing optional beach.
Oka, Quebec[http://netnude.com/main/info/canada/oka991.html] [http://www.topfreedom.com/oka.html] ( Oka National Park- known locally as Okapulco), at coord|45|27|50|N|74|06|00|W|type:landmark_scale:10000 is about 40 km from Montrealin Quebec.
Centre naturiste la Pommerie, in Quebec, a naturist camping where the annual Canadian Naturist Festivalusually is held in August.
Kouchibouguac, New Brunswick[http://www.netnude.com/main/info/canada/index.html]
*Most nudist beaches in Jamaica are private beaches owned by large resorts. Firefly Beach in
Negrilis open to the public. [http://www.jamaica-nude.com/]
Zipolite, Oaxaca: Zipolite beach has been nudist for more than 30 years. Nudism in Zipolite is tolerated, since Mexican law condemns only "immorality" and thus the issue ends up being a matter of the judge's criteria. This beach is reputed to be the best place for nudism in the country. The numerous nudists and the long tradition make it safe for nudists.
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roohas a beach in town located near the Cozumel Ferry terminal that allows topless sunbathing, at least informally. Some topless sunbathing also occurs at Tulum, although not as commonly as in Playa del Carmen.
Isla Mujeres, Quintana Rooalso has beach areas where topless sunbathing occurs, especially at Playa Norte.
Arubaisland, two beaches allow nudity, especially in late afternoon and dawn:
**"Baby Beach" near Saint Nicholas.
**"Eagle Beach" near
Sint Maarten(Dutch side) and Saint Martin(French side) have a beach called "Orient Bay"
**with the famous "Club Orient" facing flat island on the atlantic side.
**No clothes on beach - in beachbar and hotel is tradition for more than 30 years now
In Alaska, nudity is illegal;however, the lack of law enforcment allows many people to get away with it.
American Riverdown river from the route 49 highway bridge. Biking path is on the south side of the vehicle bridge, after crossing the old concrete railroad bridge, several small trails lead down a steep bank to a series of large rock outcropping on the river.
A Sea Mountain Spa Nude Spa Resortnude resort hotel for couples with 24 hour nude pool and natural mineral water in Palm Springs California [http://www.nudespa.com
Baker Beachis a beach of the National Park Service in San Francisco. The north end of the beach (closest to the Golden Gate bridge) is officially sanctioned as clothing-optional.Fact|date=March 2007 [http://www.nps.gov/archive/prsf/places/bakerbch.htm]
Black's Beach, in La Jolla, a neighborhood of San Diego, is possibly the largest de factoclothing optional beach in the United States. Part of the beach is in a state park where it is legal to be nude, the rest is on city property where it is illegal to be nude but generally tolerated.
*Marina Beach State Park (South side) — A 15 minute drive north of Monterey, CA. 15 minute hike over the sand dunes.
*Bonny Doon Beach — About a 10-15 minute drive from Santa Cruz on N. Highway 1. Across from Bonny Doon Rd. Nude beach is down the cliff - there are two sections of beach - the south end is for clothed beachgoers, and the north end, divided from the main beach by a large rock, is for nude sunbathers.
*College Cove Beach is in the town of Trinidad, north of Eureka in Northern Humboldt County.
Deep Creek Hot Springs[cite web | url = http://deepcreekhotsprings.net/r/www.deepcreekvolunteers.com/ | title = Deep Creek Volunteers] — Clothing optional hot springin the San Bernardino National Forestnear Apple Valley, California
Garrapata State Park— Clothing optional beach 15 minutes drive south of Carmel.
Devil's Slideor "Gray Whale Cove" is the only officially-sanctioned nude state-owned beach in California. Run for years by a private concessionaire who provided the only access to this remote beach, the State of California took over its operation in 2001.
Harbin Hot Springsis a retreat and workshop center 93.4 miles (150.3 km) northeast of the San Francisco Bay Area, north of the Napa Valley, near Middletown, California.
Keough Hot Springs— Hot running creek with pools located near Bishop, California. Note: the resort at the end of the road is "not" clothing optional.
*Laguna Creek Beach — Public beach frequented by nude sunbathers six miles (10 km) north of Santa Cruz on Highway 1.
Laguna Del Sol— Clothing optional resort in Wilton, near Sacramento, featuring camping and RV spots, a lake, heated swimming pools, spas, walking tracks, stores, restaurant and event center.
Land’s End— Within the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Land’s End beach is considered the most beautiful nude beach in the San Francisco area.Fact|date=September 2007 It is reached only by a steep, difficult trail. [http://3dparks.wr.usgs.gov/3Dbayarea/html/LandsEnd.htm]
Little Hot Creekeast of Mammoth Lakes, California. To find this clothing optional hot springs, you'll need a good local map showing dirt roads.
*Living Waters Spa near Palm Springs in
Desert Hot Springs, CA, this swimsuit optional spa has hot springwater pools and the spais an easy introduction to social nudity. [http://livingwatersspa.com]
*Lupin Lodge — [http://www.LupinLodge.org/wiki] Naturist resort in Los Gatos, CA. Memberships available as well as day/night passes. Camping available. Just south of Silicon Valley, off Highway 17 (Idylwild Rd. exit). [http://www.Lupinlodge.org/wiki]
*Pirates Cove near San Luis Obispo, California [http://gocalifornia.about.com/cs/clothingoptional/l/bl_nb_prtavmap.htm]
*Red Rock Beach A half mile south of
Stinson Beach, California
*Saline Valley Warm Springs — Hot springs in
Death Valley National Park
San Gregorio nude beachmight be the oldest continuously active nude beach in the United StatesFact|date=March 2007. It dates to 1967 and is 3 km (2 miles) of public beach which can be reached only by a private road near the town of San Gregorio on the San Mateo County coast, south of San Francisco. San Gregorio beach is the largest of about 20 clothing-optional beaches along the coast between San Francisco and Santa Cruz.
*San Onofre Beach is 55 kilometres (34 miles) northwest of this beach (near San Clemente).
South Yuba RiverHoyts Crossing is an area of swimming holes on the South Yuba, about a 20 minute hike upriver from the Highway 49 crossing. (north of Nevada City, California).
* [http://www.gayresort.com San Vicente Inn] is a mostly gay clothing optional hotel located in
West Hollywood, California.
*The Terra Cotta Inn Clothing Optional Resort in sunny
Palm Springs, CA, this nudist resort is popular with first-time nude sunbathers. [http://sunnyfun.com]
Zmudowski State Beach- Unofficial clothing-optional "hidden beach" within Moss Landing.
*Mountain Air Ranch Family Nudist Resort, a family nudist resort near Denver,
Colorado[cite web | url =http://www.trynude.com | title = Mountain Air Ranch resort web site] .
*Orvis Hot Springs, a clothing-optional natural hot springs in Ridgway,
Colorado[cite web | url =http://www.orvishotsprings.com/ | title = Orvis Hot Springs resort web site] .
*Solair Recreation League is
New England´s oldest nudist camp and has a lakewith a beach of its own deep in the woods of Connecticut[ [http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=4AYVY24F4ZSC3QFIQMGSFFOAVCBQWIV0?xml=/news/2007/06/10/wnude110.xml] Philip Sherwell in "Nudists in call to youth as membership sags", Telegraph 2007-10-06] . Motto: "For the young - and young at heart". The camp is located at "65 Ide Perrin Road, Woodstock, Connecticut06281" [ [http://www.solairrl.com/index.htm Official website] ] .
Haulover Beach, at coord|25|54|40|N|80|07|18|W|type:landmark_scale:10000 in Miami-Dade County(between Sunny Isles Beach, Florida, and Bal Harbour), the most popular nude beach in North America.
Playalinda Beach, part of Canaveral National Seashore; has long allowed nudity.
* [http://www.lakecomoresort.com Lake Como Family Nudist Resort] in Pasco County,Florida, is one of Florida's oldest. It is a resident-owned cooperative of almost convert|200|acre|km2 in a very natural setting of which 51 acres are registered as woodland and 60 acres as wetland. Five lakes are within or border the property. Lake Como exemplifies the ideals of the [http://www.inffni.org International Naturist Federation] that include "self-respect, respect for others, and for the environment." Non-resident memberships in the resort are available, and free tours are available for those interested.
South Beachin Miamipermits topless sunbathing, partially due to the large amount of foreign tourists and immigrants found on the beach.
* [http://www.sail-nude.com Key West Private Sailing Charters] offers 4 hour, 6 hour, snorkeling, SCUBA, sunset and custom overnight sailboat trips from
Key West's historic harborwalk (just a few minutes walk from Duval Street) on which nudity is permitted.
*Donkey Beach on Kaua‘i
*Kehena Beach (Dolphin Beach) is a black sand beach in the Puna District of the Island of Hawai‘i ("Big Island")
*Larsen's Beach on Kaua‘i
*Little Mākena Beach in Mākena State Park,
*Red Sand Beach near Hāna on
*Secret Beach on Kaua‘i
*Slaughterhouse Beach on Maui
*HanginLoose Clothing-Optional Retreat & Botanical Gardens -- "Big Island"
:Warm Springs in
Boise, Idaho, is a clothing-optional neighborhood.:"See Pacific Northwest locations listed at [http://naked.wikia.com/wiki/Pacific_Northwest Pacific Northwest] at Naked Wikia".
* Nude sunbathing and swimming has occurred at
Illinois Beach State Park, 1.6 km (one mile) south of the park headquarters building, at the end of the beach.
* Until 1995, nude night swimming occurred at
Oak Street Beachin Chicagoand other beaches on Lake MichiganFact|date=July 2007, prior to its elimination by police patrols.
* Blue Lake Resort is a family oriented nudist park located in Erie, Il, in the Rock River Valley of Northwestern Illinois, convert|30|mi|km northeast of the Quad City area (Moline, Rock Island and Davenport). approximately 20 acres of sunny and shaded areas situated amid 98 acres of farm land. The camp facilities are approved by the State of Illinois each year. [http://www.bluelakeresort.org]
* [http://www.drakesridge.com/ Drakes Ridge Rustic Nudist Retreat] in Bennington is a rural, wooded setting in the hills of Switzerland County, midway between the three major cities of Louisville,
Indianapolis, and Cincinnati, and thirteen miles (19 km) north of Vevay.
* [http://www.fernhillsclub.com/ Fern Hill Club] in Bloomington Fern Hills Club is in the center of about 75 acres of hardwood forest that the members enjoy by walking the trails or using their golf carts.
* [http://www.lowc.org/ Lake O' Woods Club] in Valparaiso Lake O' The Woods Club is a member owned, family oriented, cooperative nudist club that was founded in 1933 and is located on convert|130|acre|km2 of woods and features a 20 acre lake.
* [http://www.ponderosasunclub.com/ Ponderosa Sun Club] in Roselawn The purpose of this club is to promote health and happiness for its members. The Ponderosa Sun Club is a family oriented nudist resort (not clothing optional) located in rural Roselawn Indiana on about 88 wooded acres. Ponderosa Sun Club opened in 1965, the focus of the club's activities is their 65' wide by 120' long swimming pool with concrete sunning apron and a formal garden.
* [http://www.sunshower.com/ Sunshower Country Club] in Centerville Sunshower Country Club is a family nudist resort established in 1959.
* [http://www.sunnyhaven.com/ Sunny Haven Recreation Park] in Granger Sunny Haven Recreation Park, located near South Bend, Indiana, has been the home to family nude recreation in northern Indiana since 1947.
Camp Ramblewoodin Darlington is available for groups wishing to host clothing-optional events. [http://www.ramblewood.com/ http://www.ramblewood.com/]
* Maryland Health Society in
Davidsonville, Marylandis privately owned nudist club. [http://www.maheso-naturally.org/ http://www.maheso-naturally.org/]
* Maryland ARea Naturist Association in the Baltimore Metropolitan Area of Maryland in a privately owned nudist club that rents various facilities for events. [http://www.marylandnudism.com/ http://www.marylandnudism.com/]
Pine Tree Associatesin Crownsville, founded in 1934, is a cooperatively-owned, nudist club. [http://www.pinetreeclub.org/ http://www.pinetreeclub.org/]
*Nantucket: Public nudity is unofficially tolerated in the area between
Miacomet Beachand Surfside Beach. [http://www.nantucketindependent.com/news/2007/0627/front_page/001.html]
Moshup Beachin Aquinnah in contains an area where public nudity is unofficially tolerated. [http://bostonplus.com/beachesnude.html] [http://www.mvtimes.com/news/2006/08/31/aquinnah_nude_beach.php] (Both the area and the beach are often called "Gay Head".)
Lucy Vincent Beachin Chilmark contains an area where public nudity is permitted. [http://www.ci.chilmark.ma.us/Pages/ChilmarkMA_Beach/rules]
**MVBoat offers private charter trips on which nudity is permitted. [http://www.mvboat.com]
*Provincetown: Public nudity has at times been tolerated on the beaches around Provincetown, especially in the small area that is not part of the
Cape Cod National Seashore. [http://www.sunclad.com/pilgrim/capecod.asp]
* [http://www.turtle-lake.com/ Turtle Lake Resort] in Union City.
* [http://www.northavenresort.net Northaven Resort] in Brooklyn
* [http://www.cherrylaneresort.com Cherry Lane Resort] in North Adams
The Oakwood Club and Avatan Nudist club (both affiliated with the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR) function and hold land for recreation in the northern suburbs of Minneapolis and Saint Paul. Both are private clubs.Several other landless clubs operate in the region.
American Association for Nude Recreationis associated with the nudity-required Forty Acre Club in Londell, Missouri.
The Naturist Societyis affiliated with Heartland Naturists near Kansas City and Show Me Acres in Stover
*Lake Tahoe's Nevada shore includes several clothing-optional beaches — the best-known is Secret Cove. [http://www.secretcovenevada.com]
* [http://www.nhnude.com/index.html Cedar Waters Village] in Nottingham, New Hampshire. A 20 acre lake, surrounded by over convert|850|acre|km2 of forrest.
Rock Lodge Clubis a family-oriented nudist club on 60 ha (145 acres) of privately-owned land in the Highlands forests of New Jersey, about 65 km (40 miles) from Manhattan, New York.
Gunnison Beachin Sandy Hook, New Jersey, a part of the National Park Service's multi-state Gateway National Recreation Area, is a clothing-optional beach by custom and is the largest such beach in the Northeastern United States (there are several other public beaches on Sandy Hook where nudity is not tolerated). In 1999, New Jerseypassed a law a bill that prohibits all types of nudism on state or municipalbeaches, making Gunnison Beach the only legal nude beach in the state, since it is on federal land not subject to state or municipal regulations. cite news |first= |last= |authorlink= |coauthors= |title=In 39 Years, There's Little a Lifeguard Doesn't See |url=http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/31/nyregion/31ink.html |quote=But it was with the creation of Gunnison Beach, the only clothing-optional section of New Jersey's shoreline, that it became safe to say that Tom McLaughlin had seen everything. ... On a recent Saturday, he stopped at Gunnison Beach to survey the scene. At this Eden with umbrellas, some of the naturists were engaged in an intense round of volleyball, while others happily lounged without the fear of tan lines. A new visitor approached and asked Mr. McLaughlin why everyone seemed to be on the right side of the beach. |publisher= New York Times|date= July 31, 2007|accessdate=2007-08-21 ]
Sky Farm Clubis a private cooperative in central New Jersey. Situated on 35 acres in Somerset County, Sky Farm have promoted family nudism since 1932.
Lighthouse Beach", Fire Island National Seashore, NY, a part of the National Park Serviceis just east of Robert Moses State Parkon the barrier island known as Fire Islandseparating the main part of Long Islandfrom Fire Islandwith the Great South Baybetween them. Clothing-optional by custom, this beach has been so for over 30 years.
* Empire Haven in Moravia, NY.
* Full Tan Sun Club in Sprakers, NY.
* Ithaca, NY is known for some tolerance of nudity, particularly top-free women, but the infamous Potter's Falls almost always has skinnydippers in warmer weather.
:"See Pacific Northwest locations listed at [http://naked.wikia.com/wiki/Pacific_Northwest Pacific Northwest] at Naked Wikia."
Rooster RockState Park along the Columbia River.
*Collins Beach on
Sauvie Islandnear Portland.
* Bare Lake in Southern Oregon near Howard Prarie Lake.
* Bagby Hot Springs
* Cougar Hot Springs
Breitenbush Hot Springshas a clothing-optional policy for all hot springs pools and tubs.
* [http://www.nudelife.com/home.html Paradise Gardens] .
* [http://www.buckeyebares.com/ Buckeye Bares] is an Ohio family nudist group. Members, guests and visitors are always welcome to enjoy the friendship and fun that only nude recreation can offer. [http://www.buckeyebares.com/] .
* Many city parks in Columbus, Ohio allow both sexes to go topless.
* Oaklake Trails is a clothing-optional family nudist resort located between Tulsa and Oklahoma City near the town of Depew, Oklahoma. At over convert|400|acre|km2, Oaklake is one of the largest land-area nudist resorts in the United States. Amenities include hiking trails, a fully furnished clubhouse with community kitchen, outdoor pool, dozens of RV hookups with 30 or 50 amp electric and water, acres of space for tent camping (some areas with electric hookups), rentable tents, and a rentable cabin suite. [http://www.oaklaketrails.com]
*Sunny Rest in
*See West Penn Naturist Links at [http://www.westpennnaturist.com/links.htm] .
*White Thorn Lodge in Western Pennsylvania at [http://www.whitethornlodge.org/] .
* [http://www.hippiehollow.com/ Hippie Hollow Clothing-Optional Nudist Park] , on the shore of
Lake Travisnorthwest of Austin.
:"See Pacific Northwest locations listed at [http://naked.wikia.com/wiki/Pacific_Northwest Pacific Northwest] at Naked Wikia"
Mazo Beachon the Wisconsin River.
There are two places in the United States with nudist youth camps:
Lake Como, Floridaand Shangri-La, Arizona.
A camp at White Tail Park,
Southampton County, Virginiamay be discontinued: even though the camps are strictly non-sexual, in 2004 the commonwealth law of Virginia, enforced by Attorney General Jerry W. Kilgore, banned nudist youth camps unless a parent, grandparent, or legal guardian is present, citing dangers from sexual predators. [http://nac.oshkosh.net/Legislative_Bill_Texts/2004/VA_2004_HB_158/va_2004_hb_158.html] The ACLU, the park, three boys (ages 11, 15, and 17), two girls (10 and 12), and their parents (three couples) challenged the new law on June 29, 2004, arguing that it violates the constitutional right to privacy. [ [http://www.wtopnews.com/?sid=218158&nid=25 ACLU Challenges Va. Law Banning Nude Summer Camps ] ]
List of social nudity places in South America
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of social nudity places in South America — This is a list of social nudity places in South America for recreation. Includes free beaches (or clothing optional beaches or nude beaches) and some resorts.: See also List of social nudity places in North America TOC Argentina* Buenos Aires… … Wikipedia
List of social nudity places in Oceania — This is a list of social nudity places in Oceania for recreation. Includes free beaches (or clothing optional beaches or nude beaches) and some resorts. TOC Australia* ACT ** Kambah Pool * New South Wales ** Lady Bay Beach, Watsons Bay, Sydney… … Wikipedia
List of social nudity places in Europe — ‹ The template below (Cleanup spam) is being considered for deletion. See templates for discussion to help reach a consensus.› Swimmers enter water at Spanish beach. This is a list of socia … Wikipedia
List of places where social nudity is practised — This is a list of public outdoor clothes free areas for recreation. Includes free beaches (or clothing optional beaches or nude beaches), parks, clubs, regional organizations and some resorts. TOC Regions:List of social nudity places in Africa… … Wikipedia
Issues in social nudity — Public nudity: participants in the World Naked Bike Ride Social nudity is nudity in private and public spaces. It is sometimes controversial for addressing, challenging and exploring a myriad of sometimes taboo subjects, stereotypes and mores… … Wikipedia
Nudity — A group of naturists on a nude beach Nude and Naked redirect here. For other uses, see Nude (disambiguation) … Wikipedia
Nudity in sport — See also Nude recreation. See History of nudity for information about nudity in sports in historical times. Nudity in sport (playing sports without any clothing) is uncommon but has not been totally absent from ancient or current sporting… … Wikipedia
Depictions of nudity — Nudity was acceptable to the 19th century French Salon going public, only as long as the setting was clearly classical , depicting characters in a culture where nudity was commonplace, as in this painting by Jean Léon Gérôme (1847) … Wikipedia
Public nudity — A woman hands out flyers at the Love Parade in Berlin … Wikipedia
Lists of Oregon-related topics — These are lists of Oregon related topics, attempting to list every list related to the state of Oregon. If an article name ends in #Oregon (or some other region), it is a section within an article about more than Oregon. The topic category is… … Wikipedia