- Universal Studios Singapore
Universal Studios Singapore Universal Studios Singapore Logo Location Resorts World Sentosa, Sentosa Island, Singapore Website Official website Owner Genting Group Operated By Universal Parks & Resorts Opened Soft opening
- 18 March 2010
- 28 May 2011
Operating season All Year Round Area 20 ha (49 acres) Rides 20 total
- 5 roller coasters
- 2 water rides
Resorts World Sentosa Attractions
Equarius Water Park
Marine Life Park
Maritime Experiential Museum and Aquarium
Universal Studios Singapore
Hard Rock Hotel
Universal Studios Singapore (simplified Chinese: 新加坡环球影城; traditional Chinese: 新加坡環球影城) is a theme park located within Resorts World Sentosa on Sentosa Island, Singapore. It was a key component of Genting's bid for the right to build Singapore's second integrated resort. On 8 December 2006, the Singapore government announced that the consortium had won the bid. Construction of the theme park and the rest of the resort started on 19 April 2007. It is the second Universal Studios theme park to open in Asia (Japan being the first), and the first in Southeast Asia. The official plans for the park were unveiled to the public when Universal Studios Singapore released a park map to the public on 20 October 2009. Universal Studios Singapore has since attracted more than 2 million visitors in the 9 months from its opening.
Construction of Resorts World Sentosa, and Universal Studios Singapore began on 19 April 2008. After almost two years of construction, the park opened on 18 March 2010.
Universal Studios Singapore was opened for sneak peek week in view of the Chinese New Year Celebrations, from 5 pm to 9 pm every night between 14 to 21 February 2010. Though visitors had to pay SGD$10 to enter the park despite rides not operating, tickets for the week were sold out in 2 days. On 5 March 2010, it was announced that the park will open its doors on 8:28 am (UTC+8) 18 March 2010, for a soft-opening phase. From 13 March 2010, the team members of Resorts World Sentosa and their families had a chance to visit the park before the public has a chance to do so. The park had its soft opening period from 18 March 2010 to 26 October 2010.
The official grand opening of the park was held on 28 May 2011, along with the grand opening gala being held on 27 May 2011 evening. It was a star-studded event with Asian superstars Jet Li, Maggie Cheung, Vicki Zhao, and former "American Idol" judge Paula Abdul making an appearance at the gala event, along with some 1,600 guests.
- 21 October 2008 – Transformers The Ride was announced to be a part of the lineup of attractions at Universal Studios Singapore and is set to open in 2011.
- 24 September 2009 – Universal Studios Singapore unveiled their plans for Shrek's Far Far Away and Madagascar theme zones.
- 20 October 2009 – Resorts World at Sentosa unveiled the attractions, dining options and merchandise outlets at Universal Studios Singapore.
- 14 February 2010 – The start of the eight-day sneak-peek period of Universal Studios Singapore.
- 18 March 2010 – The soft-opening of Universal Studios Singapore, with 16 of its 24 attractions opened and fully functioning.
- 25 March 2010 – The Battlestar Galactica dueling coasters were closed due to a technical glitch in the ride. Both rides remain closed for many weeks thereafter.
- 20 August 2010 – X-ray findings reveal cracks in the welded joint of the seat-post supports within the Human roller coaster car, which caused the grounding of both roller coaster rides.
- 2 July 2010 – The premiering of the Lake Hollywood Spectacular show, which is presented to park visitors every Friday and Saturday nights.
- 21 December 2010 – The Battlestar Galactica dueling coasters entered their final testing stage with newly reinforced coaster cars for both the Human and Cylon coasters. Both rides are slated to re-open in the first-half of 2011.
- 21 February 2011 – The anticipated official re-opening of the Battlestar Galactica dueling coasters.
- 16 May 2011 – The scheduled opening of Madagascar: A Crate Adventure.
- 28 May 2011 – The grand opening of Universal Studios Singapore.
- 21 October 2011 - Halloween Horror Nights will begin.
- 3 December 2011 – The scheduled opening of Transformers The Ride in Universal Studios Singapore. The ride will have its world premiere at an exclusive evening event on 2 December 2011 with director Michael Bay gracing the event.
Universal Studios Singapore is 20 hectares (49 acres) in size, occupying the easternmost part of the 49-hectare (120-acre) Resorts World Sentosa. There are a total of 24 attractions, of which 18 are original or specially adapted for the park. The park consists of seven uniquely themed zones which surround a lagoon. Each zone is based on a blockbuster movie or a television show, featuring their own unique attractions, character appearances, dining and shopping areas. The park features the world's tallest pair of dueling roller coasters that are based on the hit television series, Battlestar Galactica; a castle from the world of Shrek and Monster Rock, a live musical show featuring the infamous Universal Monsters. Universal Studios Singapore has over 30 restaurants and food carts, together with 20 unique retail stores and carts located around the park. Attractions premiering are marked "Premiere" and dining outlets that are certified Halal are marked with "Halal".
Themed Zone Notes Hollywood Themed after the real Hollywood Boulevard of the 1970s, the Hollywood zone is framed by dynamic architecture, palm trees and the famous Hollywood 'Walk of Fame'. New York Themed after post-modern New York City that features sidewalks and classic landmarks that mimic its impressive cityscape. The area is enhanced by neon lights and flanked by street facades that set the scenes for big city fun and also real-time movie production for most Hollywood blockbuster films. Sci-Fi City Sci-Fi City is themed after what cities and metropolis may look like in the future, equipped with space-age technologies and the ultimate modern conveniences. Ancient Egypt As the name suggests, the Ancient Egypt zone is themed after the rich Egyptian architecture and artifacts found during the Golden Age of Egyptian Exploration in the 1930s. The Lost World The Lost World zone features two smaller themed regions: Jurassic Park and Waterworld. Far Far Away Far Far Away is based on the kingdom of the same name featured in DreamWorks Animations' Shrek. Madagascar The Madagascar zone features a displaced cargo ship that houses the Madagascar: A Crate Adventure ride. It also features all of the characters from DreamWorks Animations' Madagascar.
Hollywood is the main entrance area of the park. Its only attraction, a broadway-style theatre, is accompanied by several restaurants and a variety of flagship shops. Being a replica of the famous Hollywood Boulevard, this zone is flanked by dynamic architecture and palm trees. It also features a replica of the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame. On every Friday and Saturday night, the lagoon of the park is the site of Lake Hollywood Spectacular – a special pyrotechnics show. Special character appearances include: Po from Kung Fu Panda, Frankenstein's Monster, Woody Woodpecker, Winnie Woodpecker, Marilyn Monroe, Charlie Chaplin, Beetlejuice and Betty Boop.
Name Type Notes Pantages Hollywood Theater Live Performance A 1,500-seat indoor Broadway-style theatre that is fully equipped to host plays, musicals and performances. Currently the theatre features the infamous Universal Monsters in the rock-n-roll musical "Monster Rock!". (Premiere) Lake Hollywood Spectacular Show A live pyrotechnics show that is set to a musical score over the central Lake Hollywood in the park. The show is run every Friday and Saturday night at 9.30 pm, and is one of the main highlights of Hollywood After Hours. Universal Studios Store Retail Outlet The Universal Studios Store is the flagship store of Universal Studios Singapore offering a wide variety of themed collectibles, toys and apparel from all seven themed zones of the park. The Dark Room Retail Outlet The Dark Room is a store that sells a wide variety of camera accessories for the photography needs of park visitors. Superstar Candies Retail Outlet Superstar Candies is a candy store that sells candies like candy floss and homemade fudge to park visitors with a sweet tooth. Silver Screen Collectibles Retail Outlet Silver Screen Collectibles is a retail outlet offering celebrity photos and posters, collectibles, books, as well as Betty Boop themed souvenirs and apparel. Star Characters Retail Outlet Star Characters is a retail outlet selling exclusive DreamWorks Animation merchandise. The Brown Derby Retail Outlet The Brown Derby is a retail store where guests can shop for headwear of all types including visors, character hats, novelty hats, wigs, Universal Studios logo caps and other stylish lids. Mel's Drive-In F&B Outlet Mel's Drive-In is a diner based on the hit 1973 film American Graffiti. This '50s drive-in serves up burgers and Cokes the old-fashioned way and features golden oldies on the jukebox and delicious Burgers, Fries, Chicken Sandwiches, Chicken Fingers, Onion Rings, Root Beer Floats and Frosty Milk Shakes. (Halal) Hollywood China Bistro F&B Outlet Hollywood China Bistro is a restaurant where guests can feast on traditional Cantonese cuisine with a modern twist in an art deco Chinese restaurant setting straight out of a Hollywood movie set. Celebrity Café and Bakery F&B Outlet Celebrity Café and Bakery is a food outlet where guests can dine with stars over freshly made sandwiches, puff pastry pies and classic desserts. (Halal)
New York is based on the original New York City, during the era of post-modernization. This zone features various icons commonly portrayed in movies including the trademark city skyline, neon lights, facades, sidewalks as well as the romantic atmosphere of the Big Apple. To top it off, this zone also have a replica of the famous New York Public Library with two lion statues at its entrance.
Name Type Notes Lights! Camera! Action! Hosted by Steven Spielberg Show A show where guests can be blown away by the filmmakers' incredible special effects as an empty sound stage becomes the setting for a major hurricane about to hit New York City. (Premiere) Stage 28 Live Show/Tour Under Construction – Stage 28 is a fully outfitted state-of-the-art sound stage for motion picture and television production. Guests can see some of Universal feature films and props and get behind the scenes and see real film production right before their very own eyes. (Premiere) Loui's NY Pizza Parlor F&B Outlet A Pizza Parlor unique to Singapore selling a wide variety of traditional Italian pizzas as well as some local Singapore favourites including Hawaiian pizza, Tandoori Chicken pizza, Vegetarian pizza and more. KT's Grill F&B Outlet A full-service restaurant serving Authentic New York Grill cuisine, with a rich woodwork interior reminiscent of a 1940's NY dinner house. Menu includes classic New York grill entrées, sandwiches, soups and salads; along with a fresh oyster bar and Pacific Rim influenced "East meets West" dishes.
Sci-Fi City is an imagined metropolis of the future that contains many modern conveniences of life, but with little or no remnants of past inhabitants and cultures that are able to stand the course of time. It is the home of the world's tallest pair of dueling roller coasters, at a height of 42.7 metres (140 ft). The pair of dueling roller coasters, Battlestar Galactica: Human vs. Cylon, are based on the hit television series, Battlestar Galactica.
Name Type Notes Accelerator Teacups A whirling twirling ride that spins guests around. A similar ride, Storm Force Accelatron, is found in Universal's Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando Resort. (Premiere) Battlestar Galactica: HUMAN Steel Dueling Seated Roller Coaster This is a sit-down coaster designed for riders wanting a roller coaster experience without inversions, which makes up one side of the Battlestar Galactica duelling coaster. The trains are modeled after the Colonial Mark II Viper and utilize lap restraints, giving the rider total upper body freedom. At certain points along the ride, the coaster can reach speeds of up to 90 kilometers per hour (56 mph). Battlestar Galactica: CYLON Steel Dueling Inverted Roller Coaster The Cylon coaster's train design is based on the Cylon heavy Raider as seen in Battlestar Galactica, it is a suspended roller coaster which performs intense maneuvers including a total of 5 inversions in the form of a Cobra roll, corkscrews, vertical loop, and a zero-g roll. The Cylon coaster also plunges into a 5-meter (16 ft) deep pit filled with artificial fog to give thrill seekers the sensation of a near miss with the ground. It also includes many sudden turns close to buildings emphasizing the sensation of near misses throughout the ride. Transformers: The Ride Track-roaming Platform Motion Simulator Under construction. Set to open on 3 December 2011. It will be the 20th attraction at Universal Studios Singapore. Transformers The Ride will fuse 3D-HD media, mega special effects and stunning robotics with a ride system, all-in-one-package. The ride is set to premiere in Singapore in 2011 and then in Universal Studios Hollywood in 2012. (Premiere) Galactica PX Retail Outlet A retail outlet selling Sci-Fi collectible merchandise. Transformers Supply Vault Retail Outlet A retail outlet selling a variety of Transformers and Transformers: The Ride merchandise. Starbot Cafe: Human Refueling Center F&B Outlet A food and beverage outlet selling a variety of items including soft-serve ice creams.
Ancient Egypt is based on the historical adaptation of Ancient Egypt during the 1930s Golden Age of Egyptian Exploration. It features obelisks and pyramids which are typical of Ancient Egypt. Also featured are Pharaohs' tombs which were commonly discovered during that era. Visitors take the role of a daring archaeologist who aims to unravel the riddles of the Sphinx in this sand-swept land. The area also relies on the depictions made in the popular film franchise, The Mummy, starring Brendan Fraser.
Name Type Notes Revenge of the Mummy: The Ride Enclosed Steel Roller Coaster A high-speed psychological thrill ride with sharp turns and fast reverse sections, it pits guests against fireballs, scarab beetles and robotic warrior mummies — all in partial darkness. Treasure Hunters Vintage Car Ride A car ride where guests young and old can drive their own vintage desert jeeps through an abandoned Egyptian excavation site. (Premiere) Carter’s Curiosities Retail Outlet A retail outlet selling Egyptian treasures, such as replicas of historical artefacts or fossils discovered from ancient Egyptian ruins. Oasis Spice Café F&B Outlet An Egyptian-themed buffeteria serving specialities flavored with Mediterranean, Turkish, Lebanese and Indian Spices.(Premiere)
The Lost World
The Lost World contains many traditional attractions present in most Universal Studios parks around the world and is divided into two sub areas: Jurassic Park and Waterworld. Jurassic Park, based on the popular film franchise by Steven Spielberg and novels by Michael Crichton, features the newly redesigned Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure which is based on the popular water rides in other Universal Studios parks. Waterworld contains mainly water-based attractions and is based on the film Waterworld starring Kevin Costner.
Name Type Notes Canopy Flyer Mini Steel Suspended Roller Coaster A suspended 4-seater roller coaster that allows guests a prehistoric bird's eye view of Jurassic Park, which gently glides over the tree-tops. (Premiere) Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure River Rapids Raft System A river rapids ride version of the attraction at other Universal parks. It features a white water raft system where thrill seekers on circular rafts are tossed on waterways within the Jurassic Park compound, where prehistoric creatures roam free. The ride finishes with guests plunging down from the Hydroelectric Generator compound. This ride is currently under renovation and is to be opened by mid-Feb in 2012 (Premiere) Waterworld Live Show/Performance Based on the 1995 film, Waterworld. Guests can witness actors in a performance which involves stunts and pyrotechnics at this show. Amber Rock Climb Rock Climb/Skill Challenge An attraction which allows guests to scale the walls of The Lost World to explore imitation precious stones and fossilised insects. A treasure awaits those able to climb to the top. (Premiere) Dino-Soarin' Fly Around Ride A children's ride where guests are able to control the vertical height of a carriage designed to look like a pterodactyl. (Premiere) Jurassic Outfitters Retail Outlet A store where guests can equip themselves for the jungles of Isla Nublar with official Jurassic Park apparel, hats, toys, adventure gear and more. The beach towels will also come in handy after the Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure's splashdown. The Dino-Store Retail Outlet A dino-mite store full of innovative Jurassic Park souvenirs to be discovered. Fossil Fuels F&B Outlet A place where guests can refuel their energy by chomping on a light snack, quick meal or a couple of refreshing frozen drinks at this tropical jungle store. Discovery Food Court F&B Outlet A food court where guests can savour Singapore's best selection of Laksa, chicken rice and other local delights in this Discovery Center building that was featured in the original Jurassic Park movie.
Far Far Away
Far Far Away is inspired by DreamWorks Animation's hit Shrek franchise which depicted how the fairy-tale characters lived in daily life. The zone consists of many recognizable locations from the film series such as Shrek's swamp house as well as Far Far Away's glamorous Romeo Drive which contains the nightspots of the town such as Hook's Knight Club. The highlight of the zone is the 40-metre tall Far Far Away Castle which is a world's first. The castle hosts attractions such as Shrek 4-D and Donkey Live featuring the voice talents of Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Antonio Banderas and Cameron Diaz. Special character appearances include: Shrek, Donkey, Puss In Boots and Princess Fiona.
Name Type Notes Shrek 4-D Adventure 3-D Show with Added Effects A 17-minute 3D film where guests are along for the journey to help save Princess Fiona in a totally in-your-face fairy tale adventure. Through the miracle of OgreVision, guests see, hear, and feel the action right from their seat! Donkey Live Live Show/Performance An interactive live show based on Digital puppetry technology, starring Shrek’s fairy tale sidekick, Donkey, who entertains guests with his quick witted humor and engages them in conversation in an intimate theatre setting. The show is located at Hook's Night Club and hosted by Hook. (Premiere) Enchanted Airways Steel Junior Roller Coaster Guests climb aboard Donkey’s beloved Dragon for a flight over Far Far Away and beyond in the form of a junior roller-coaster ride serving destinations throughout the Kingdom of Far Far Away. (Premiere) Magic Potion Spin Kiddy Ferris Wheel A miniature ferris wheel for the children themed to a clinking, clanking potion assembly line that circles the room which bottles magical elixirs from a giant wooden vat. The ride is located in the Fairy Godmother's Potion Shop. (Premiere) Fairy Godmother's Potion Shop Retail Outlet A large retail outlet where visitors can buy Shrek memorabilia, fantasy candies, drinks, colorful elixirs and gifts, such as exciting toys and games from the wonderful world of Shrek to bring away. The miniature Ferris Wheel Magic Potion Spin is located right at the back of this retail outlet. Interactive stations are also be set up for kids. Fairy Godmother's Juice Bar F&B Outlet A retail outlet selling magical concoctions. Goldilocks F&B Outlet Located at Romeo Drive, Goldilocks' serves up buckets of homemade special 7-spice "chicken done just right!" as well as fish and chips, chicken sandwiches, fresh mash potatoes with gravy, coleslaw and French fries. (Halal) Friar's F&B Outlet Also located at Romeo Drive, Friar's offers fast food on the go where guests can select from a unique variety of hot and cold speciality sandwich wraps including Thai peanut chicken wraps, tandoori chicken wraps, turkey wraps, veggie wraps, accompanied with freshly made "season it yourself" potato chips.
Madagascar is inspired by the hit DreamWorks Animation franchise of the same name which features four zoo animals, Alex, Gloria, Marty and Melman escaping from the Central Park Zoo and unfortunately crashing onto the island of Madagascar. The zone features lush tropical jungles as well as two rides. Special character appearances include: King Julien, Skipper, Kowalski, Private, Rico, Mort and Maurice.
Name Type Notes Madagascar: A Crate Adventure Water boat ride The ride takes guests on a journey with the four heroes Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria on a river boat adventure complete with state-of-the-art animatronics, digital projection, evocative sound, and moving show-action effects that create a one-of-a-kind, immersive ride experience. The 9.5 minute attraction will feature the famous voice talents of Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, David Schwimmer and Jada Pinkett Smith. (Premiere) King Julien's Beach Party-Go-Round Carousel This ride allows guests to be a part of King Julien's Party Carousel filled with crazy lemurs and pesky foosas as riders go up and down and round and round enjoying the company of all the Madagascar characters. (Premiere) Penguin Mercantile Retail Outlet A retail outlet located at the exit of 'Madagascar: A Crate Adventure' for visitors to grab some silly keepsakes inspired by the many characters of Madagascar, such as plush hats, key fobs, T-shirts and other assorted keepsakes inspired by the many characters of Madagascar, as well as photos of visitors during the adventure on their way back out. Marty's Casa Del Wild F&B Outlet A café that is inspired by the first movie and is hosted by Marty the Zebra serving a variety of lip-smacking South East Asian specialties such as Nasi Padang, Pad Thai, Chicken Rice, Thai Green Chicken Curry, Tom Yum Soup and Asian Rotisserie Chicken. Gloria's Snack Shack F&B Outlet A food store that is hosted by Gloria offering Japanese-inspired quick bites such as yakitori, rice bowls and invigorating thirst-quenchers.
Hollywood After Hours
Universal Studios Singapore Hollywood After Hours happens every Friday and Saturday night from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm where visitors pay SGD$5 per entry into Universal Studios Singapore's Hollywood zone to dine and shop. The Lake Hollywood Spectacular is a pyrotechnics show that happens at 9 pm during Hollywood After Hours. Same-day park guests and Annual Park Holders can enter the park during Hollywood After Hours for free.
Universal Studios Singapore VIP Tour offers merchandise discounts, complimentary dining, golden photo opportunities with celebrity lookalikes as well as VIP access on rides, attractions and performances. Each tour accommodates between two and twelve guests per Guide. Each tour lasts approximately five hours around Universal Studios Singapore. The tour covers eight or more attractions. Universal Express access would be made available to all attractions before or after the guide tour.
- ^ a b c d e f g "Map of Universal Studios Singapore". 20 October 2009. http://www.rwsentosa.com/language/en-US/MapsUSS.
- ^ "Singapore's success in Universal Studios leads Asia in theme park boom". 20 September 2010. http://www.appletravel.cn/news-10393.html.
- ^ "Resorts World at Sentosa". e-Travel Blackboard Asia. 29 January 2008. http://www.etravelblackboardasia.com/article.asp?id=51127&nav=1. Retrieved 21 October 2008.
- ^ Lim, Jessica (2010). Universal Studios opens Sun. Retrieved on 7.06.10 from Stratis Times.
- ^ Yahoo News (2010). Sentosa Theme Park opens 18 March. Retrieved on 7 June 2010 from Yahoo News Singapore.
- ^ Resorts World Sentosa (2010). Extension of validity for your annual pass. Retrieved on 8 November 2010 from Picasa.
- ^ "Star-studded opening for Universal Studios Singapore". Channel NewsAsia. 28 May 2011. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/entertainment/view/1131699/1/.html. Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- ^ a b Universal Studios Singapore. "Universal Studios Singapore's Halloween Horror Nights". Resorts World Sentosa. http://www.rwsentosa.com/language/en-US/Attractions/UniversalStudiosSingapore/Halloween2011. Retrieved 12 September 2011.
- ^ a b "Fear has found a new home". RWScoop. 25 August 2011. http://www.rwsentosablog.com/2011/08/25/fear-has-found-a-new-home/. Retrieved 12 September 2011.
- ^ "Transformers (ride attraction) to hit Singapore in 2011". Channel NewsAsia. 21 October 2008. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/entertainment/view/384260/1/.html. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- ^ "Universal Studios theme-park at Sentosa to offer 18 unique rides and attractions". Channel NewsAsia. 20 October 2009. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1012518/1/.html. Retrieved 10 January 2011.
- ^ "Battlestar Galactica closes due to technical glitch.". Channel NewsAsia. 25 March 2010. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1045906/1/.html. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- ^ "Battlestar Galactica shuts down.". The Straits Times. 26 March 2010. http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_506806.html. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- ^ "Battlestar Galactica may be closed for weeks.". Channel NewsAsia. 15 April 2010. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1050336/1/.html. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- ^ "Cracks found in welded seat-post support of Battlestar Galactica's Human coaster cars.". Channel NewsAsia. 20 August 2010. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1076260/1/.html. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- ^ "July updates for Universal Studios Singapore". Resorts World Sentosa Blog. 28 June 2010. http://resortsworldsentosablogs.blogspot.com/2010/06/july-updates-for-universal-studios.html. Retrieved 10 January 2011.
- ^ "Battlestar Galactica enters final testing stage.". Channel NewsAsia. 21 December 2010. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1100440/1/.html. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- ^ "Battlestar Galactica roller coaster ride to reopen.". Yahoo! Singapore News. 2 February 2011. http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2011/02/02/battlestar-galactica-roller-coaster-ride-to-reopen/. Retrieved 2 February 2011.
- ^ a b A Crate Adventure – Madagascar – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 13.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ Genting Singapore PLC (2010). FINANCIAL STATEMENTS FOR THE NINE-MONTH PERIOD ENDED 30 SEPTEMBER 2010 PART I – INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS OF QUARTERLY (Q1, Q2 & Q3), HALFYEAR AND FULL YEAR ANNOUNCEMENTS. Retrieved on 13.11.10 from Official Site.
- ^ "Universal Studios Singapore® Grand Opening". Resorts World Sentosa. http://www.rwsentosa.com/language/en-US/Attractions/UniversalStudiosSingapore/GrandOpening. Retrieved 15 April 2011.
- ^ a b Resorts World Sentosa (2010). "Transformers" To Be Developed As Theme Park Mega-Attraction At Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved on 7.06.10 from Official Site.
- ^ "BREAKING NEWS: TRANSFORMERS The Ride Premieres at Universal Studios Singapore® on 3 December 2011". RWS Blog. http://tftheride.rwsentosablog.com/2011/10/27/breaking-news-transformers-the-ride-premieres-at-universal-studios-singapore%c2%ae-on-3-december-2011-2/. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- ^ "Transformers The Ride debuts Dec 3". Channel News Asia. 27 October 2011. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1161997/1/.html. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- ^ a b c d Resorts World Sentosa (2010). Unveiling the Best of Universal Studios at Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved on 7.06.10 from the Official Site
- ^ Hollywood – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ Pantages Hollywood Theater – Hollywood Zone – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved on 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ Hollywood After Hours. Retrieved on 08.11.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ a b c d e f Shopping Directory – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ a b c d e f Restaurants and Dining Outlets at Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ New York – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ Lights, Camera, Action – New York – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ Stage 28 – New York – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ Sci-Fi City – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ Accelerator – Sci Fi City – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ Insights to Transformers-themed ride. Retrieved 1.01.11 from Universal's Studio Tour Website.
- ^ a b Nicholas, Dejiki (14 November 2011). "Universal Studios Singapore – Update 11/2011". Photos. dejiki.com. http://dejiki.com/2011/11/uss-update-nov11/. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- ^ Ancient Egypt – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ "fact sheet (MICE)". 20 January 2009. http://www.rwsentosa.com/pdf/Sales%20Fact%20Sheet%20MICE%20-%20Jan%2009.pdf.
- ^ Revenge of the Mummy – Ancient Egypt – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ Treasure Hunters – Ancient Egypt – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ The Lost World – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ Canopy Flyer – The Lost World – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure – The Lost World – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ Water World – The Lost World – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ Amber Rock Climb – The Lost World – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ Dino-Soarin' – The Lost World – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ Madagascar and Shrek in Singapore. Relax (2009-10-13). Retrieved on 2011-05-01.
- ^ Far Far Away – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ a b "Character Breakdown Donkey: Live". 16 June 2009. http://www.rwsentosa.com/pdf/160609_CharBrkDwn/04_Donkey.pdf.
- ^ Shrek 4D Adventure – Far Far Away – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ Donkey Live – Far Far Away – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ Enchanted Airways – Far Far Away – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ a b Magic Potion Spin – Far Far Away – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ a b "Map USS". 20 October 2009. http://www.rwsentosa.com/USS_map_Eng/en_map-uss.html.
- ^ "An Orge in Sentosa". 25 September 2009. http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/pdf/20090925/AnOgreInSentosa.pdf.
- ^ a b Madagascar – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official Site.
- ^ King Julien's Beach Party-Go-Round – Madagascar – Universal Studios Singapore. Retrieved 6.06.10 from the Official website.
Universal Studios Singapore HollywoodPantages Hollywood Theatre New YorkLights! Camera! Action! Hosted by Steven Spielberg • Stage 28 Coming Soon Sci-Fi CityBattlestar Galactica: Human vs. Cylon • Transformers: The Ride Coming 2011 • Accelerator Ancient EgyptRevenge of the Mummy • Treasure Hunters The Lost WorldCanopy Flyer • Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure • Waterworld • Amber Rock Climb • Dino-Soarin' Far Far AwayShrek 4-D • Donkey Live • Enchanted Airways • Magic Potion Spin MadagascarMadagascar: A Crate Adventure • King Julien’s Beach Party-Go-Round Related articlesHalloween Horror Nights • Resorts World Sentosa Roller coasters at Universal Studios SingaporeBattlestar Galactica: Human vs. Cylon · Canopy Flyer · Enchanted Airways · Revenge of the Mummy Universal Studios theme parks United States International Sentosa Transport Attractions Defunct Attractions Soundtracks (By ECA2)Magical Sentosa Soundtrack (2002) · Songs of the Sea Soundtrack (2007) Main Characters for Magical Sentosa and Songs of the SeaKiki the Hyperactive Monkey of Sentosa · Oscar the Tiger Fish Beaches Hotels (excluding those from Resorts World Sentosa) Resorts World Sentosa Attractions Resorts World Sentosa HotelsCrockfords Tower · Hotel Michael · Festive Hotel · Hard Rock Hotel Singapore · Major tourist attractions in Singapore WRS Parks Integrated resortsResorts World Sentosa · Marina Bay Sands Amusement parks Oceanariums MuseumsAsian Civilisations Museum · Baba House · Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum · Changi Museum · Fort Siloso · Images of Singapore · Malay Heritage Centre · Malay Village · National Museum of Singapore · Old Ford Motor Factory · Peranakan Museum · Raffles Hotel · Reflections at Bukit Chandu · Science Centre Singapore · Singapore Discovery Centre · Singapore Philatelic Museum · Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall · The Battle Box · Maritime Experiential Museum & Aquarium (U/C) · ArtScience Museum Nature parks Monuments Others NBCUniversal LLC Company OfficialsBoard of DirectorsSenior Corporate Executives Universal Studios Universal Parks & Resorts Broadcast TV assets NBCUniversal
Television NetworksComcast Networks
CNBC global channels CNBC Europe branches CNBC Asia branches Universal Networks
Syfy global channels NBCUniversal Television Group NBC O&Os Telemundo O&Os ShopNBC O&Os Internet ventures: Other assets: Defunct properties: See also:
- ^ Co-owned with Dentsu.
- ^ 50%, with Viacom's Paramount Pictures.
- ^ Combined operation with InterMedia Partners.
- ^ a b c Co-owned with Blackstone Group and Bain Capital.
- ^ Co-owned with Corus Entertainment and Cookie Jar Group.
- ^ Co-owned with Mediaset.
- ^ a b The stations are co-owned with LIN TV in a joint venture (76% owned by NBC, 24% owned by LIN).
- ^ a b c The stations are owned by NBCUniversal, but are controlled by ZGS Broadcast Holdings.
- ^ Co-owned with News Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.
- ^ Co-owned with Microsoft in a joint venture (82% owned by NBC, 18% owned by Microsoft).
- ^ Co-owned with Corus Entertainment, Classic Media, Nelvana, Scholastic Books and ION Media Networks.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.