- Godrej Group
company_name = Godrej Group
type = Private
slogan = Brighter Living
foundation = 7th May,
1897, Lalbaug, Mumbai
location = "'
Adi B. Godrej(Chairman)
Chemicals& Commodities, ITES, Real Estate, Appliances, FMCG
num_employees = ~9,700
homepage = http://www.godrej.com
The Godrej Group was founded by Ardeshir and
Pirojsha Godrejin 1897.
Today, the Godrej Group is one of the largest industrial powerhouses in
India, involved in businesses including appliances, precision equipment, machine tools, furniture, office equipment, food-processing, security, materials handling and industrial storage solutions, construction and information technology.
The Godrej Group is firmly entrenched in diverse businesses. Security Systems and Safes, Typewriters and Word processors, Rocket Launchers, Refrigerators and Furniture, Outsourcing Services, Machine Tools and Process Equipment, Cosmetics and Detergents, Engineering Workstations, Medical Diagnostics and Aerospace Equipment, Edible Oils and Chemical, Mosquito Repellents, Car perfumes, Chicken and Agri-products.
The Godrej group owns vast tracts of land in and around
Vikhroli, a suburb to the Northeast of Mumbai, India's commercial capital. Traditionally, this location has been their manufacturing base, but increasingly they have moved significant production facilities inland in search of cheaper pastures.
Timeline [ [http://www.godrejindia.com/ab_history.htm Godrej Timeline] ]
* 1897 - Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd established
* 1918 - Godrej Soaps Limited incorporated
* 1971- Godrej Agrovet Limited began as an Animal Feeds division of Godrej Soaps
* 1974 - Veg oils division in Wadala, Mumbai acquired
* 1990 - Godrej Properties Limited, another subsidiary, established
* 1991 - Foods business started
* 1991 - Godrej Agrovet Limited incorporated
* 1994 - Transelektra Domestic Products acquired
* 1995 - Transelektra forged a strategic alliance with Sara Lee USA
* 1999 - Transelektra renamed Godrej Sara Lee Limited
* 2001 - Godrej Consumer Products was formed as a result of the demerger of Godrej Soaps Limited. Godrej Soaps renamed Godrej Industries Limited
* 2002 - Godrej Tea Limited set up
* 2003 - Entered the BPO solutions and services space with Godrej Global Solutions Limited
* 2004 - Godrej HiCare Limited set up to provide a Safe Healthy Environment to customers by providing professional pest management services
* 2006 - Foods business was merged with Godrej Tea and Godrej Tea renamed Godrej Beverages & Foods Limited
* 2007 - Godrej Beverages & Foods Limited formed a JV with The Hershey Company of North America and the company was renamed Godrej Hershey Foods & Beverages Limited
* 2008 - Godrej relaunched itself with new colourful logo and a fresh identity music
Godrej is well-renowned for its philanthropy. Along with factories, Godrej has built schools, dispensaries and a massive residential complex for their employees. Godrej's Udayachal School in Mumbai, takes pride in its unique and creative approach to teaching. Even today, thousands of families live in the residential quarters, constructed by Godrej. Numerous trusts established by Godrej continue to invest in education, healthcare and social upliftment of the poor.
Their love for nature is evident from the green environs, nurseries and gardens, which abound. Historically they have been crucial in India's rise as a powerful economy and its quest to become increasingly self-reliant.
Adi Godrejis the current Chairman of the Godrej Group. The Group revenue was approximately US$ 1.7 billion in financial year 06/07.
The Godrej group can be broadly divided into two major holding companies, working independently:
Godrej Industries Ltd.
Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd.
The Major Companies, subsidiaries and affiliates are [ [http://www.godrejindia.com/ourbusiness.htm Godrej Companies Overview] ]
* Chemical & Commodities:* "Godrej Industries"::* Chemicals::* Veg Oils
* FMCG:* "Godrej Consumer Products"::* Keyline Brands UK::* Rapidol South Africa::* Godrej Global Mideast FZE::* Godrej SCA Hygiene Limited:* "Godrej Hershey Foods & Beverages Limited"::* Nutrine:* Godrej Sara Lee
* AGRI:* "Godrej Agrovet"::* Animal Feeds::* Goldmohur Foods and Feeds::* Golden Feed Products::* Higashimaru Feed Products::* Oil Palm::* Agri Inputs::* Godrej Aadhaar::* Nature's Basket::* Integrated Poultry Business::* Plant Biotech
* Services:* "Godrej HiCare (Pest Management Services)":* "Godrej Global Solutions (ITES)":* "Godrej Properties"
Achievements [ [http://www.godrej.com/GodrejNew/GodrejHome/About/CorporateProfile/CorporateProfile/Milestones.htm Godrej Milestones] ]
* In 1897, Godrej Introduced the first lock with lever technology in India.
* In 1902, Godrej made the first Indian safe.
* In 1955, Godrej produced India's first indigenous typewriter
* In 1989, Godrej became the first company to introduce PUF ( Polyurethane Foam)
* Introduced India's first and only 100% CFC, HCFC, HFC free refrigerators
Awards [ [http://www.godrejindia.com/ab_accolades.htm Godrej Awards and Accolades] ]
* GCPL, the Highest Ranked Indian FMCG in Asia's Hot Growth Companies' List by Business Week
* Godrej Consumer Products Ltd. has been ranked 14th in The Best Companies to Work For study. This study was jointly conducted by Business Today, Mercer and
Taylor Nelson Sofres(TNS)
* Godrej Consumer Products Ranks 6th in ET-Hewitt Best Employers of India survey
* GCPL ranked 15th in Great Places to Work 2006 survey
* The Corporate Citizen of the Year Award given by Economic Times.
* Flagship brands Goodknight, Cinthol and Ezee selected Superbrands by the Superbrands Council
* Godrej Sara Lee, the JV between the Godrej Group and Sara lee Corporation, USA is acknowledged the World's largest mat manufacturers and South Asia's largest manufacturers of Coils.
* Godrej Consumer Products Limited, adjudged as a Business Superbrand by the Super Brands Council.
* The Return on Capital Employed and Return on Net Worth ratios of Godrej Consumer Products - the highest in corporate India.
* Godrej Consumer Products was awarded the "Best Managed Workforce" award given by Hewitt Associates and CNBC TV18.
* Godrej Consumer Products features in the Top 25 list of Great Places to Work (survey conducted by GrowTalent in association with Business World) for four years in a row.
* Lifetime Achievement Award for Godrej Industries from CHEMEXCIL, the Basic Chemicals Pharmaceuticals and Cosmetics Exports Promotion Council.
* [http://www.godrej.com Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd. Corporate Website]
* [http://www.godrejindustries.com Godrej Industries & Associate Companies Corporate Website]
* [http://www.udayachal.com Godrej's Udayachal Schools Website]
* [http://www.godrejinfotech.com Godrej Infotech Ltd. Website]
* [http://www.godrejhersheys.com Godrej Hershey Foods & Beverages Ltd.]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Godrej — may refer to: * Godrej family, an influential family of India * Godrej Group, a group of companies founded by the Godrej familythis family holds properties in and around mumbai with an estimated price of 10 billion dollara … Wikipedia
Godrej family — The Godrej family, like the Tatas, is a Parsi Zoroastrian industrial family.are the driving force behind the Godrej Group of companies, founded by Ardeshir Godrej and his brother Pirojsha Godrej … Wikipedia
Adi Godrej — is an Indian businessman and a billionaire. He left India at the age of 17 to enroll at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Though he planned to study mechanical engineering, he later on switched to management.ADI was a member of Pi Lambda … Wikipedia
Adi Godrej — Adi Godrej, né le 6 septembre 1942, est un industriel et philanthrope indien. Il est un des hommes les plus riches d’Inde, avec une fortune estimée à 5,2 milliards de dollars selon le magazine Forbes. Il est le président de Godrej Group.… … Wikipédia en Français
Ardeshir Godrej — Ardeshir Burjorji Sorabji Godrej (1868 1936) was the inventive half of the Godrej Brothers Company, the precursor of the Godrej Group of companies.Early yearsArdeshir was born in 1868 as the first of six children to Burjorji and Dosibai… … Wikipedia
Pirojsha Godrej — (1882 1972) was an Indian businessman who laid the foundations for what is today the Godrej Industries Group. He was the son of Burjorji Godrej and a member of the Parsi community.Working with his elder brother Ardeshir Godrej, who was the… … Wikipedia
Liste des milliardaires du monde en 2008 — Liste des milliardaires du monde 1991 ... 2004 . 2005 . 2006 . 2007 . 2008 . 2009 . 2010 . 2011 Ceci est la liste des milliardaires du monde telle que publiée par le magazine américain Forbes pour l année … Wikipédia en Français
Liste des milliardaires du monde en 2009 — Liste des milliardaires du monde 1991 ... 2004 . 2005 . 2006 . 2007 . 2008 . 2009 . 2010 . 2011 Ceci est la liste des milliardaires du monde telle que publiée par le magazine américain Forbes pou … Wikipédia en Français
List of companies of India — This is a list of major companies based in India. Please note that the list is highly incomplete and does not have every company of all sizes. More information about the companies can be found in the links to the company articles.Below is the… … Wikipedia
EuroIndia Centre — The EuroIndia Centre is a non profit organisation founded in 2001 by the former French Prime Minister Raymond Barre and the present Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The EuroIndia Centre is a private institution, legally registered in France… … Wikipedia