- DHL Aviation
DHL Aviation Type division Industry Express Logistics,
Founded 1969 Headquarters Cargo West, Derby, United Kingdom Key people Charles Graham, Global CEO Owner(s) Deutsche Post Parent DHL Express Website DHL Express Division - Aviations
DHL Aviation is a division of DHL Express (owned by Deutsche Post DHL) responsible for providing air transport capacity. It is not a single airline but refers to several airlines owned, co-owned or chartered by DHL Express. In 2009, Deutsche Post World Net rebranded to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL).
Deutsche Post owns four main airlines, which provide services by region:
- European Air Transport Leipzig is responsible for the major part of the European network and for longhaul services to the Middle East and Africa. From its hub at the Leipzig/Halle Airport it will operate a fleet of 11 Boeing 757 Freighters and 13 Airbus A300 Freighters (registered with Air Contractors).
- DHL Air UK is based at East Midlands Airport, was purchased by DHL in 1989, and has since 2000 been operating a fleet of 22 Boeing 757-200SF freighters on intra-European services. Since 2009, DHL Air UK has been operating a fleet of three new-built Boeing 767-300ERF Freighters, primarily on trans-atlantic routes. The airline has an order for a further three Boeing 767-300ERF aircraft, to be delivered in 2010 and 2011.
- DHL Aero Expreso is the subsidiary in Central and South America, operating a fleet of Boeing 727-200 Freighters in Central- and South America, as well as serving destinations in the Caribbean and Florida.
- SNAS/DHL handles Middle East destinations, operating a fleet of Boeing 727-200 freighters. The fleet is deployed throughout the Middle East and in Africa.
It also owns the following smaller airlines:
Deutsche Post also has stakes in the following airlines, some of which also operate under the DHL brand or livery:
- AeroLogic, Schkeuditz (Leipzig), Germany (50%).
- Air Hong Kong, Hong Kong (40%).
- ABX Air, Inc. Wilmington, OH, USA (0%, Contract).
- Astar Air Cargo, Miami, FL, USA (0%, Contract).
- Blue Dart Aviation, Chennai, India (32%).
- Polar Air Cargo, Purchase, NY, USA (49%).
- Southern Air, Norwalk, CT, USA (0%, Contract).
- Solenta Aviation, Johannesburg, South Africa (unknown).
- Tasman Cargo Airlines, Sydney, Australia (49%).
Astar Air Cargo was formerly known as DHL Airways (and therefore carries the ICAO airline designator DHL) but has been partially sold and renamed.
DHL Express's global headquarters are part of the Deutsche Post headquarters in Bonn.
DHL Aviation Fleet Aircraft In Fleet Orders Operator Airbus A300B4-203F 13 0 Air Contractors Airbus A300-600RF 0 13 European Air Transport Leipzig ATR 42-300F 2 0 1 - Aero Express Del Ecuador
1 - DHL de Guatemala
Boeing 727-200F 9 0 3 - DHL Aero Expreso
6 - DHL International Aviation ME
Boeing 757-200SF 22 0 DHL Air UK Boeing 757-23APF 1 0 European Air Transport Leipzig Boeing 757-236SF 10 0 European Air Transport Leipzig Tupolev Tu-204-100C 18 0 Aviastar-TU Total 75 13
Accidents and incidents
- On June 6, 2011, a Solenta Aviation Antonov An-26 freighter flying for DHL Aviation crashed in the sea near Libreville, Gabon. Four people on board were rescued and transported to a local hospital, but were not seriously injured. 
- ^ "Airline Membership". IATA. http://www.iata.org/membership/Pages/airline_members_list.aspx?All=true.
- ^ "DHL Airlines". DHL International GmbH. http://www.dhl.com/publish/g0/en/about/airline.high.html. Retrieved 2008-11-07.
- ^ "Participation list". Annual Financial Statements. Deutsche Post AG. http://investors.dpwn.de/en/investoren/publikationen/archiv/2008/finanzpublikationen/dpwn_participation_list_group_2007_hv.pdf. Retrieved 2008-11-07. [dead link]
- ^ "DHL cargo plane crashes in Gabon, no fatalities". BNO News. http://wireupdate.com/wires/17971/dhl-cargo-plane-crashes-in-gabon-no-fatalities/. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
Airlines operating for DHL Aviation Europe Americas Asia-Pacific EMEA
SNAS/DHL · Solenta Aviation
Italics indicate former operators Deutsche Post DHL
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
DHL Aviation — DHL Aviation … Deutsch Wikipedia
DHL Aviation — … Википедия
DHL Worldwide Express — DHL Aviation IATA Code: ICAO Code: DHL … Deutsch Wikipedia
DHL Express — DHL redirects here. For other Deutsche Post divisions and business units using the DHL brand, see Deutsche Post. For the honorary degree, see Doctor of Humane Letters. DHL Express Deutsche Post AG Type Division … Wikipedia
DHL Air UK — DHL Air redirects here. For other airlines operating as DHL, see DHL Aviation. DHL Air UK IATA D0 ICAO D … Wikipedia
DHL Aero Expreso — IATA D5 ICAO DAE Callsign YELLOW Founded 1996 Hubs Tocumen International Airport Fleet … Wikipedia
DHL — International GmbH Rechtsform GmbH (seit 2002) Gründung 1969 Sitz … Deutsch Wikipedia
DHL Global Forwarding — Type division Founded 1815 (as Danzas) Headquarters Bonn, Germany … Wikipedia
DHL Exel Supply Chain — DHL Supply Chain Type division Industry contract logistics Founded 2000 (as Exel plc) Headquarters Bonn, Germany Key people Bruce A. Edwards, CEO … Wikipedia
DHL Freight — Type division Industry ground transportation freight Founded 2007 Headquarters … Wikipedia