- Cult (disambiguation)
A cult references a group whose beliefs or practices are considered strange.
Cult may also refer to:
- Cult (religious practice), the original usage, referring to the totality of external religious practice and observance, the neglect of which is the definition of impiety
Cult also commonly refers to highly devoted groups, as in:
- Cult of personality, a political leader and his following, voluntary or otherwise
- Destructive cult, a group which exploits and destroys its members or even non-members
- Suicide cult, a group which practices mass self-destruction
- Political cult, a political group which shows cult-like features
- Cult following, a term used to refer to a group of fans who are highly dedicated to a specific area of pop culture.
Cult may also refer to:
- The Committee on Culture and Education (CULT), a committee of the European Parliament
- Cargo cult, some religions in the South Pacific
- Confraternities in Nigeria are also known as "cults"
- The Cult, a British rock band
- Blue Öyster Cult, an American rock band
- "Cult" (Slayer), a single from the 2006 Eternal Pyre EP by the thrash metal band Slayer
- Cult (album), an album by cello metal band Apocalyptica
- Cult (TV channel), an Italian TV Channel
- Cults (disambiguation)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cargo cult (disambiguation) — Cargo cult may refer to:* Cargo cult, a group of religious movements occurring in Melanesia * Cargo cult science, a term coined by Richard Feynman to describe something that appears to be science but that lacks scientific integrity * Cargo cult… … Wikipedia
Christian cult (disambiguation) — Christian cult may refer to* Christian cultus **Christian mass **Christian rites **Marian veneration **veneration of Christian martyrs **veneration of Christian saints **veneration of relics * Christian cult … Wikipedia
Cult — This article gives a general cultural account of cult . For its usage in the original sense of veneration or religious practice , see Cult (religious practice). For its use in a scientific, sociological context see New religious movement. For… … Wikipedia
Cult icon — can refer to: Cultural icon Cult following This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the inte … Wikipedia
Death cult — The term Death cult may refer to: The Cult, Death Cult was an early name for this British rock band Death Cult (EP), a compilation album featuring all the songs from Death Cult A synonym for the term destructive cult This disambiguation page… … Wikipedia
Moon cult — may refer to: The cult of a lunar deity The Unification Church, founded by Sun Myung Moon and held by some to be a religious cult This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal … Wikipedia
Culture (disambiguation) — Contents 1 Science 1.1 Natural sciences 1.2 Social sciences … Wikipedia
Cargo (disambiguation) — Cargo means transported goods or produce. It can also refer to: * Cargo system, a social system in rural Mexico and Central America. * Cargo (cosmetics), a cosmetics company founded by Hana Zalzal. * Cargo (album), a 1983 album by Men at Work. *… … Wikipedia
Word-sense disambiguation — Disambiguation redirects here. For other uses, see Disambiguation (disambiguation). In computational linguistics, word sense disambiguation (WSD) is an open problem of natural language processing, which governs the process of identifying which… … Wikipedia
Blue Öyster Cult — The title of this article contains the character Ö. Where it is unavailable or not desired, the name may be represented as Blue Oyster Cult. Blue Öyster Cult Background information … Wikipedia