- Advanced Metering Infrastructure
Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) refers to systems that measure, collect and analyse energy usage, from advanced devices such as
electricity meters, gas meters, and/or water meters, through various communication media on request or on a pre-defined schedule. This infrastructure includes hardware, software, communications, customer associated systems and meter data management(MDM) software.
The network between the measurement devices and business systems allows collection and distribution of information to customers, suppliers,
utility companiesand service providers. This enables these businesses to either participate in, or provide, demand responsesolutions, products and services. By providing information to customers, the system assists a change in energy usage from their normal consumption patterns, either in response to changes in price or as incentives designed to encourage lower energy usage use at times of peak-demand periods or higher wholesale prices or during periods of low operational systems reliability.
AMI "raises the bar" with regard to traditional
Automatic meter reading(AMR) in that it enables two-way communications with the meter. Traditional systems which were only capable of meter readings don't qualify as AMI systems.
Advanced Electric Meter
An electric meter, new or appropriately retrofitted, which is:1) capable of measuring and recording usage data in time differentiated registers, including hourly or such interval as is specified by regulatory authorities, 2) allows electric consumers, suppliers and service providers to participate in all types of price-based demand response programs, and 3) which provides other data and functionality that address power quality and other electricity service issues.
* [http://www.dramcoalition.org/id19.htm Demand Response and Advanced Metering Coalition. Definitions.]
* [http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/dpi/dpinenergy.nsf/LinkView/4EC2E4EA42B821FCCA2572B10079A930A8BAF6E4E66C900FCA2572B20004C403 Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), Department of Primary Industries, Victoria, Australia.]
* [http://www.utilimetrics.org/ Utilimetrics] - Non-profit industry trade association (Formerly known as the Automatic Meter Reading Association AMRA)
* [http://seclab.uiuc.edu/web/critical-infrastructure/attested-metering.html Illinois Security Lab Research on Security and Privacy for AMI]
* [http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=115519311058367534348.0000011362ac6d7d21187&ll=53.956086,14.677734&spn=23.864566,77.519531&z=4&om=1 Google Map of AMI & Smart Metering Programmes across the World.] Maintained by Smart Metering Project Team at the
Energy Retail Associationin the UK.
* [http://smartmeterpedia.synthasite.com/Enernex_Map.php Similar Google Map showing North American Initiatives categorized by AMR/AMI/Smart Grid] Data provided by Enernex, map created by
Energy Retail Associationproject team in the UK.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Advanced metering infrastructure — Refers to the full measurement and collection system that includes meters at the customer site, communication networks between the customer and a service provider, such as electric, gas, or water utility, and data reception and management… … Energy terms
AMI — Advanced Metering Infrastructure is a term denoting electricity meters that measure and record usage data at a minimum, in hourly intervals, and provide usage data to both consumers and energy companies at least once daily. U.S. Dept. of… … Energy terms
Smart grid — Public infrastructure … Wikipedia
Automatic meter reading — [ smart meter ( [http://www.elstermetering.com/en/1914.shtml Elster REX type R15] ) with 900MHz mesh network topology for AMR] Automatic meter reading, or AMR, is the technology of automatically collecting data from water meter or energy metering … Wikipedia
Current Communications Group — CURRENT Group Type Limited Liability Company, LLC Industry Energy Sector Founded Germantown, Maryland, U.S. (January 1, 2000 … Wikipedia
Power line communication — or power line carrier (PLC), also known as power line digital subscriber line (PDSL), mains communication, power line telecom (PLT), power line networking (PLN), or broadband over power lines (BPL) are systems for carrying data on a conductor… … Wikipedia
National Broadband Plan (United States) — Connecting America: The National Broadband Plan, unveiled March 16, 2010, is a FCC (Federal Communications Commission) plan which deals with improving broadband Internet access throughout the United States. One goal was providing… … Wikipedia
Smart meter — [ http://www.elstermetering.com/en/1914.shtml Elster REX] ) with 900MHz [ [http://www.elster eis.com/en/LAN.html EnergyAxis LAN 900MHz Frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS) radio] ] mesh network topology for automatic meter reading and… … Wikipedia
Meter Data Management — (MDM) refers to a key component in the Smart Grid infrastructure that is in the process of being evolved and adopted by utility companies. An MDM system performs long term data storage and management for the vast quantities of data that are now… … Wikipedia
List of energy abbreviations — This is a list of abbreviations found in the context of energy issues. Contents: 0–9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y … Wikipedia