- Network 18
Network18 Media & Investments Limited Type Public Traded as BSE: 532798
Industry Media conglomerate Founded 1993 Headquarters Delhi, Mumbai, Noida Key people Raghav Bahl
(Chairman & MD)
Products Television, Print, Internet, Film, Mobile computing, Allied Revenue $284 million (2010) Employees Approx. 4700 (2010) Website www.network18online.com
Network18 Media & Investments Limited (BSE: 532798, NSE: Network18) is an Indian media conglomerate with interests in television, print, internet, film, mobile content and allied businesses. Network 18 FinCap is the holding company for several media entities in India such as Television Eighteen India Ltd (TV18), IBN 18 Broadcast Ltd, Web 18, Studio 18,Shop 18,Infomedia 18 and Viacom 18. Raghav Bahl holds 51% shares of Network 18 Group. The group includes Network18, TV18, ibn18 and Infomedia18, all of which are listed in India on NSE & BSE.
The company was incorporated as a private limited company on 16th February 1996. In 2006, it was converted to a public limited company.The name of the company was changed from SGA Finance & Management Services Private Limited to Network 18 Fincap Private Limited with effect from April 12, 2006. Network 18 got listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange on 2nd February 2007.The shares of the company of face value of Rs 5 each opened at Rs 312.10 at the NSE and at Rs 300 at the BSE. Since the company was created as part of the re-structuring of TV18 to comply with foreign ownership laws for news channels in India, it did not have to list through a public issue.
- TV18 is a listed company which runs business news channels CNBC-TV18 in English and CNBC Awaaz in Hindi and owns most of Web 18. In 2006 it acquired CRISIL Market Wire which was renamed Newswire 18.
- Network 18 holds 57% in IBN 18 Broadcast Ltd, headed by Rajdeep Sardesai, which runs general news channels CNN-IBN in English, IBN-7 in Hindi and IBN-Lokmat in Marathi in JV with Marathi newspaper Lokmat. GBN in turn owns a small stake(15%) in Web 18.
- Web 18 is an unlisted umbrella company for all Network 18 web properties such as moneycontrol.com , in.com, ibnlive.com , josh18.com, cricketnext.com , commoditiescontrol.com , tech2.com , poweryourtrade.com , easymf.com, compareindia.com, firstpost.com and upcoming women's and automotive portals. The company also owns stakes in Jobstreet (India), Yatra.com and BookMyShow.com.
- Studio 18 is a newly formed division of Network 18 for film production and financing.
- HomeShop18 launched the Home-shopping television network.
- Webchutney, a digital marketing agency.
- InfoMedia 18, a media company with business Directories, Magazine Publishing, Printing Services and Publishing Outsourcing services.
- The company also owns Viacom 18,which has channel like Colors TV,MTV India,Nick India and VH1 India. Viacom 18 has plans to launch a hindi movie channel and some regional language channels in near future.
- Sun 18 -In 2010 it entered into JV with Sun Network to distribute its channels through cable, DTH, IPTV, HITS and MMDS.Sun18 Media Services North and South were formed. Sun 18 South focuses on the non-Hindi-speaking markets and is managed by the Sun Network.Sun 18 North focuses on the rest of Indian markets and is operated by the Network18 Group. 
List of companies
- Infomedia 18
- IBN 18 Broadcast Ltd.
- Viacom 18, a joint venture of Network18 and Viacom
Network TV channels
- CNN-IBN, JV of IBN 18 Broadcast Ltd and Turner International India
- IBN-7, an IBN 18 Broadcasting Ltd Channel
- CNBC Awaaz, JV of CNBC Asia & TV18
- CNBC-TV18, JV of CNBC Asia & TV18
- IBN-Lokmat, JV of Lokmat & TV18
- MTV India, a Viacom 18 channel
- Nick India, a Viacom 18 channel
- VH1 India, a Viacom 18 channel
- Colors, a Viacom 18 channel
- HomeShop18, a TV18 Channel
- Topper, an Educomp 18 channel
- History TV18
- in.com , launched on 21st July 2008 brings the best of news,songs,videos and games. Within a few months of its launch the site became very popular as India's leading general interest web destination. It was number 2 Indian website according to comscore September 2008 data.
- moneycontrol.com is Asia's largest and world's second largest financial and business portal providing real time coverage on market movements, key expert insights and discovering intrinsic dynamics between the various market participants. It has more than 1 million registered users and receives more than 150 million page views per month.
- poweryourtrade.com is a financial advisory portal giving expert advices,market news and analysis to investors and traders
- commoditiescontrol.com brings its user a deep understanding of the Indian commodity space. It has first hand information of prices from over 100 spot markets making it one of the most credible commodities information and research service provider in India.
- Cricketnext.com , launched in 2000 provides loads of volume and information about the cricketing events around the globe.It has many interactive features like daily poll question, celebrity chats and discussion boards.
- Compareindia.com provides customers free information on the product they want to buy.The site contains 37 product categories: Audio systems, televisions, washing machines, microwave ovens, refrigerators, fax machines, photocopiers, and printers, amongst others.
- teac2.in.com gives the news of latest happenings in the technology world. It also contains expert reviews of the products coming out from the technology world.
- homeshop18.com is a nationally televised home shopping service, which uses interactive electronic media, primarily through cable TV and internet to sell credible brands.It acquired online books, movies and music retailer Coinjoos.com,which was started in November 2009 by the Noida-based technology start-up called On-Graph Technologies, in an all-cash deal.The company has plans to discontinue the Coinjoos.com brand and merge the books business of On-Graph Technologies with Homeshop18.com.
The Network 18 Group announced a restructuring plan to create a simplified two listed entity structure for the group in July 2010.The restructuring became effective on June 10 2011 with the approval of the Delhi High Court and the group successfully completed the re-alignment of its business operation into 2 sections - Network 18 and TV18. While Network18 will take care of the digital and publishing side of the business, TV18 will look after the television assets of the group.
- A Billion Hands Concert
Notes and references
- ^ "Network 18 Media & Investments". moneycontrol.com. http://www.moneycontrol.com/company-facts/network18mediainvestments/history/NMI. Retrieved Retrieved July 20, 2011.
- ^ "Beefing Up The Bouquet". business.outlookindia.com. http://business.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?270571. Retrieved Retrieved August 10, 2011.
- ^ "Sun Network ties up with Network 18 to form Sun 18". thehindu.com. http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Chennai/article514033.ece. Retrieved Retrieved August 6, 2011.
- ^ "HomeShop 18 acquires CoinJoos.com". afaqs.com. http://www.afaqs.com/news/story.html?sid=31301_HomeShop18+to+discontinue+the+recently+acquired+Coinjoos.com+brand. Retrieved Retrieved August 6, 2011.
- ^ "HomeShop 18 to discontinue CoinJoos brand". economictimes.com. http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-08-04/news/29850598_1_online-books-e-commerce-chief-executive. Retrieved Retrieved August 6, 2011.
- ^ "Restructure complete for Network 18". rapidtvnews.com. http://www.rapidtvnews.com/index.php/2011061512860/corporate-restructure-complete-for-indias-network18.html. Retrieved Retrieved August 10, 2011.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Network — and networking may refer to: Contents 1 Mathematics 2 Electric, electronic, biological, and biosocial 3 Proper nouns (names) 4 See also … Wikipedia
Network 10 — Network Ten Création 1er août 1964 Slogan « Seriously Ten » Langue Anglais Pays d origine Aust … Wikipédia en Français
Network 7 — logo from Series 2 Format Youth current affairs show Created by Jane Hewland, Janet Street Porter … Wikipedia
network — network, social network, network theory The term network refers to individuals (or more rarely collectivities and roles ) who are linked together by one or more social relationships, thus forming a social network. Examples of relationship links… … Dictionary of sociology
Network — Título Poder que mata (Argentina / Venezuela) Un mundo implacable (España) Ficha técnica Dirección Sidney Lumet Producción Howard Gottfried … Wikipedia Español
Network — Студийный альбом Global Deejays Дата выпуска 27 июня 2005 года Жанры … Википедия
Network — Main basse sur la T.V. Données clés Titre original Network Réalisation Sidney Lumet Scénario Paddy Chayefsky Acteurs principaux Faye Dunaway William Holden Peter Finch … Wikipédia en Français
Network — Net work , n. 1. A fabric of threads, cords, or wires crossing each other at certain intervals, and knotted or secured at the crossings, thus leaving spaces or meshes between them. [1913 Webster] 2. Any system of lines or channels interlacing or… … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
Network 23 — may refer to: Network 23 (record label) Network 23 (company), a defunct British video game development company Network 23, a fictional television network on the TV series Max Headroom Network 23 , a song on the Tangerine Dream album Exit This… … Wikipedia
Network — ● Título original:Network ● También conocida como:Network, un mundo implacable ● País:Estados Unidos ● Año:1976 ● Duración:120 min. ● Género:Drama ● Producción:Fred C. Caruso, Howard Gottfried ● Dirección:Sidney Lumet ● Guión:Paddy Chayefsky ●… … Enciclopedia Universal
network — [net′wʉrk΄] n. [ NET1 + WORK] 1. any arrangement or fabric of parallel wires, threads, etc. crossed at regular intervals by others fastened to them so as to leave open spaces; netting; mesh 2. a thing resembling this in some way; specif., a) a… … English World dictionary