- Chris Waters
Chris Waters Birth name Christopher Waters Dunn Born San Antonio, Texas, U.S. Genres Country Occupations Singer-songwriter Instruments Vocals Labels Rio Associated acts Terri Clark, Holly Dunn, Tim McGraw
Christopher Waters Dunn (born in San Antonio, Texas) is an American country music singer and songwriter, known professionally as Chris Waters. The brother of singer Holly Dunn, Waters has co-written singles for other artists, including Number Ones for Tim McGraw and Cyndi Thomson.
In 1980, he began recording under the name Chris Waters. He released the single "My Lady Loves Me (Just as I Am)," which he wrote with Keith Stegall. This song spent three weeks on the Billboard Hot Country Singles (now Hot Country Songs) charts, peaking at #82 in November. Billboard gave the song a positive review in its October 18, 1980 issue, saying that it "merits country airplay out of the box." A second single, "It's Like Falling in Love (Over and Over Again)," peaked at #89 on the same chart in March 1981. Waters also co-wrote "Sexy Eyes" for Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show in this timespan.
After leaving the Rio label, Waters worked with Dunn, who was recording on the MTM Records label at the time. Waters played acoustic guitar for her and co-wrote several of her songs with her, including the Top Ten hit "Daddy's Hands" and the Number One hit "You Really Had Me Going," which he and Dunn wrote with Tom Shapiro.
Waters began writing songs for other artists in the 1990s and 2000s, including the Number One hits "She Never Lets It Go to Her Heart" by Tim McGraw, "You're Easy on the Eyes" by Terri Clark and "What I Really Meant to Say" by Cyndi Thomson, all of which won him awards from Broadcast Music Incorporated (BMI). Other songs for which he was awarded include Clark's debut single "Better Things to Do" and "That Ain't My Truck" by Rhett Akins, both of which peaked at #3. In the late 1990s and early 2000s, Waters also served as vice president of Sony/ATV Music Publishing.
Year Single Chart Positions US Country 1980 "My Lady Loves Me (Just as I Am)" 82 1981 "It's Like Falling in Love (Over and Over Again)" 89
- ^ a b c d e f Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 449. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- ^ "Top single picks". Billboard: 69. 18 October 1980. http://books.google.com/books?id=BiQEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PT126&dq=%22Chris+waters%22+%22my+lady+loves+me&client=firefox-a&cd=1#v=onepage&q=%22Chris%20waters%22%20%22my%20lady%20loves%20me&f=false. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- ^ Larkin, Colin (1992). The Guinness Encyclopedia of Popular Music. Guinness. p. 748. ISBN 188226701X.
- ^ Jack Hurst (14 August 1986). "Industry says youths do lend an ear". The Chicago Tribune. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/chicagotribune/access/24929338.html?dids=24929338:24929338&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Aug+14%2C+1986&author=Jack+Hurst%2C+Country+music+writer&pub=Chicago+Tribune+%28pre-1997+Fulltext%29&desc=INDUSTRY+SURVEY+SAYS+YOUTHS+DO+LEND+AN+EAR&pqatl=google. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- ^ a b "Tommy Lee James and Chris Waters". Broadcast Music Incorporated. 14 April 2002. http://www.bmi.com/news/entry/233367. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- ^ John Goodspeed (26 April 2002). "Dunn returns with renewed drive". San Antonio Express-News. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=SAEC&p_theme=saec&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0F33792011A43312&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Chris Waters (baseball) — Chris Waters Free Agent No. Starting pitcher … Wikipedia
Chris Thomas (record producer) — Chris Thomas (born 13 January 1947) is an English record producer who has worked extensively with The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Roxy Music, Badfinger, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Pulp and The Pretenders. He has also produced breakthrough albums for… … Wikipedia
Chris De Burgh — bei einem Konzert in Düsseldorf (2008) Chris de Burgh (* 15. Oktober 1948 in Buenos Aires, Argentinien; gebürtig Christopher John Davison) ist ein irischer Sänger und Komponist. Zu seinen größten Erfolgen zählen die Lieder The Lady In Red, Don t… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Chris de Burgh — bei einem Konzert in Düsseldorf (2008) Chris de Burgh (* 15. Oktober 1948 in Venado Tuerto, Argentinien; gebürtig Christopher John Davison) ist ein irischer Sänger und Komponist … Deutsch Wikipedia
Chris Lilley (comedian) — Chris Lilley Birth name Christopher Lilley Born 10 November 1974 (1974 11 10) (age 37) Sydney, New South Wales, Australia … Wikipedia
Chris Tarrant (footballer) — Chris Tarrant Chris Tarrant while playing with Collingwood, during the 2006 AFL Season Personal information … Wikipedia
Chris Sheldon — (born 25 September 1962, Karachi, Pakistan) is a record producer, particularly of rock music, based in London, UK. He has produced or mixed records for the Foo Fighters, Garbage, Feeder, Biffy Clyro, Oceansize and Pixies amongst others. He lives… … Wikipedia
Chris Gardner — en 2007 Christopher Paul Gardner (né le 9 février 1954 à Milwaukee, Wisconsin) est un entrepreneur, conférencier motivateur et philanthrope. Aujourd hui multi millionnaire, Christopher Gardner a vécu, au début des années 1980, comme sans abri… … Wikipédia en Français
Chris Barber — Background information Born 17 April 1930 (1930 04 17) (age 81) Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire … Wikipedia
Chris Barber — Chris Barber, 1972 in Hamburg Chris Barber (Christopher Donald Barber, * 17. April 1930 in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire) ist ein britischer Posaunist, Bassist, Sänger und Jazz Bandleader, der trendsetzend die Entwicklung eines eigenständigen … Deutsch Wikipedia