- "The Spaghetti Incident?"
"The Spaghetti Incident?" Studio album by Guns N' Roses Released November 23, 1993 Recorded A&M Studios, Record Plant Studios, Rumbo Recorders, CanAm Studios, Sound Techniques, Triad Studios, Conway Studios, and Ocean Way Recording, 1990-1993 Genre Hard rock, punk rock, glam rock, heavy metal Length 46:03 Label Geffen Producer Mike Clink
Guns N' Roses
Guns N' Roses chronology The "Civil War" EP
"The Spaghetti Incident?"
Use Your Illusion
Singles from The Spaghetti Incident? Professional ratings Review scores Source Rating Allmusic  Q  Robert Christgau (A-)  Entertainment Weekly (A-)  Rolling Stone 
"The Spaghetti Incident?" is the fifth studio album by the American rock band Guns N' Roses. The album is unique for the band, consisting entirely of cover versions, mostly of punk and glam rock songs of the late 1970s and early 1980s.
Many of the tracks were recorded with original Guns N' Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin during the Use Your Illusion I and II sessions and then were later re-recorded by Gilby Clarke. Those tracks were previously intended to be included in a combined Use Your Illusion album, consisting of three (or possibly even four) discs, instead of the two separate discs they ended up being.
In 1992, the band prepared to release the leftover cover tracks as an EP, with Gilby Clarke replacing Stradlin's guitar tracks. They later decided on making the album a full release and recorded several more tracks for it.
This was the last Guns N' Roses album to feature lead guitarist Slash, bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Matt Sorum and the only album to feature Gilby Clarke. It was also their last studio album until exactly 15 years later with Chinese Democracy, and their last album until the live compilation album exactly 6 years later with Live Era: '87-'93
The title is an inside joke referring to a food fight between Axl Rose and Steven Adler involving spaghetti. Much was made of this food fight during Adler's resolution lawsuit with the band in 1993, in which Adler's attorney referred to it as "the Spaghetti Incident". The meaning was explained by drummer Matt Sorum in a 1994 interview with Much Music and confirmed by Slash in his autobiography, Slash.
During a discussion between Rose, Slash and the album's cover designer in the "Making of Estranged" video, it is made clear that the correct form of the title is within quotation marks and with a question mark.
The album was released shortly after the conclusion of the Use Your Illusion World Tour which had lasted until mid 1993. The vinyl copy of the album was released in clear plastic orange, and the CD was released with color designs and markings: black concentric rings around the outer edge, and an indigo and blood-red depiction of an evil jack-o-lantern eating spaghetti out of a hollowed-out, decollated head in the center, which would later be changed (in the 1997 reissue) to simply a plain silver colored CD.
Despite protests from Rose's bandmates, an unadvertised cover of Charles Manson's song "Look at Your Game, Girl" was included on the album at Rose's request. The CD release gave no track number to the song—it could only be found by listening through the dead air left after the last documented track on the album, on track 12. In early 2000, Rose said that he would remove "Look at Your Game, Girl" from re-issues of the album, citing that critics and popular media misinterpreted his interest in Manson and that a misunderstanding public no longer deserved to hear it. However, the song is still present on the album, and in recent re-issues, "Look at Your Game, Girl" has been added as a separate, 13th track.
The first track, "Since I Don't Have You", was performed a few times as an intro to songs "Sweet Child o' Mine" or "Paradise City" in 1992 and 1993. "Down on the Farm" was performed once in its full length during the 1990 performance in the Farm Aid IV show. It was also played a few times during the Chinese Democracy Tour in 2006. The band performed "Hair of the Dog" once in 1988, and another time in 1990, during the only known GAK (band featuring members of Guns N' Roses, Metallica and Skid Row) performance. "Attitude" was performed frequently during the Use Your Illusion Tour, and Duff still plays it in Loaded and his solo career. Other songs played live by him are "New Rose", "You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory" and "Raw Power". The other songs were never played live by Guns N' Roses, but might have been played by some of the members' side projects, like Matt Sorum's supergroup Camp Freddy, that plays cover versions of famous songs.
The album has seen mixed reviews since its release. Rolling Stone magazine gave the album a 3.5 out of 5 stars. Allmusic said "As punk albums go, The Spaghetti Incident? lacks righteous anger and rage. As Guns N' Roses albums go, it's a complete delight, returning to the ferocious, hard-rocking days of Appetite for Destruction".
- In the end of "Hair of the Dog" one can hear the refrain of The Beatles song "Day Tripper" being played.
- Because of the hidden track, track 12's total length is 4:51.
- On very initial pressings, "Look at Your Game, Girl" was at track 99, with tracks 13-98 all being short silent "songs" with a total playing time of six minutes.
Year Chart Position 1993 Australian ARIA Albums Chart 1 United States Billboard 200 4
- Guns N' Roses
- W. Axl Rose – lead vocals, keyboards on "Since I Don't Have You", kazoo on "Human Being"
- Slash – lead guitar, co-lead vocals on "Buick Mackane (Big Dumb Sex)", backing vocals
- Duff McKagan – bass, backing vocals, acoustic guitar, lead vocals and drums on "You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory", lead vocals on "New Rose" and "Attitude", co-lead vocals on "Raw Power"
- Dizzy Reed – keyboards, piano, backing vocals
- Matt Sorum – drums, percussion, backing vocals
- Gilby Clarke – rhythm guitar
- Additional personnel
- Christe, Ian (2003). Sound of the Beast: The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal. HarperCollins. ISBN 0-380-81127-8
- ^ Christe (2003), pg. 318
- ^ http://www.allmusic.com/album/r188450/review
- ^ (02/01/1994)
- ^ http://www.robertchristgau.com/get_album.php?id=1471
- ^ (11/26/1993)
- ^ http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/gunsnroses/albums/album/137829/review/5943780/the_spaghetti_incident
- ^ "GN'R Recording Sessions". Here Today... Gone To Hell!. Archived from the original on 2010-01-16. http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/misc/recordingsessions.html. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
- ^ "The Spaghetti Incident?". GnRsource. Archived from the original on 2008-08-22. http://web.archive.org/web/20080822205030/http://gnrsource.com/songinfo/tsi.htm. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- ^ Hasty, Katie. "Kanye Edges GNR, Ludacris For No. 1 Debut". billboard.com. Dec 3, 2008. Archived 16 January 2010 at WebCite
- ^ "Guns N' Roses in Manson flap - Entertainment News, Music News, Media - Variety". December 2, 1993. Archived from the original on 2009-05-04. http://www.variety.com/article/VR116266.html?categoryid=16&cs=1. Retrieved 2009-05-01.
- ^ Gold, Jonathan. "Guns N' Roses: The Spaghetti Incident? Review". Rolling Stone. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/the-spaghetti-incident-19931209. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- ^ Rhapsody’s Favorite Covers Albums Referenced August 1, 2010
So Far So Good by Bryan Adams
Australian ARIA Albums Chart number-one album
December 5–11, 1993
Superunknown by Soundgarden
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
The Spaghetti Incident? — The Spaghetti Incident? … Википедия
The Spaghetti Incident ? — The Spaghetti Incident? The Spaghetti Incident? Album par Guns N Roses Sortie 23 Novembre 1993 Durée 40:25 Genre(s) Hard rock Producteur(s) Guns N Roses, Mike Clink et Jim Mitchell … Wikipédia en Français
The Spaghetti Incident? — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda The Spaghetti Incident? Álbum de covers de Guns N Roses Publicación 23 de noviembre de 1993 Grabación A M Studios, Record Plant Studios, Rumbo Recorders … Wikipedia Español
The Spaghetti Incident? — Album par Guns N Roses Sortie 23 novembre 1993 Enregistrement 1990 1993 A M Studios, Record Plant Studios, Rumbo Recorders, CanAm Studios, Sound Techniques, Triad Studios, Conway Studios, and Ocean Way Recording Durée 40:25 … Wikipédia en Français
The Spaghetti Incident? — Studioalbum von Guns N’ Roses Veröffentlichung 1993 Label Geffen Records … Deutsch Wikipedia
"The Spaghetti Incident?" — Álbum de covers de Guns N Roses Publicación 23 de noviembre de 1993 Grabación A M Studios, Record Plant Studios, Rumbo Recorders, CanAm Studios, Sound Techniques, Triad Studios, Conway Studios, y Ocean Way Recording Género(s) … Wikipedia Español
The Spaghetti Incident — Guns N’ Roses – The Spaghetti Incident? Veröffentlichung 1993 Label Geffen Records Format(e) CD, LP Genre(s) Hardrock und … Deutsch Wikipedia
Guns'n' Roses — Guns N’ Roses Guns N Roses (Finck, Stinson, Rose, Fortus) live beim Download Festival (9.–11. Juni 2006) Gründung 1985 Genre … Deutsch Wikipedia
Guns 'N' Roses — Guns N’ Roses Guns N Roses (Finck, Stinson, Rose, Fortus) live beim Download Festival (9.–11. Juni 2006) Gründung 1985 Genre … Deutsch Wikipedia
Guns 'n' Roses — Guns N’ Roses Guns N Roses (Finck, Stinson, Rose, Fortus) live beim Download Festival (9.–11. Juni 2006) Gründung 1985 Genre … Deutsch Wikipedia