- Floor (disambiguation)
Floor may refer to one of the following:
- Floor, the lower surface of a room; and the supportive subfloor, the layer which structurally provides the strength and support for the flooring above commonly miscalled 'the floor'.
- Storey, a level of a building
- Flooring, a type floor covering for example wood flooring, tile flooring, vinyl flooring
- Floor (gymnastics), a specially prepared exercise surface
- Dance floor or Sprung floor for dancing
In mathematics, science and engineering:
In economics and business:
- Interest rate cap and floor
- Floor trading where traders meet at a trading floor to buy and sell
- Shop floor in retail or factory premises where people work with machines or clients
Floor (legislative) and in public speaking:
- The generality of the house members, as opposed to committee
- The part of the house assigned to the members, as opposed to the viewing gallery
- In public speaking, such as a legislature or town hall meeting, the person currently allowed to speak is said to "have the floor"
A person's name:
- Floor, a Dutch given name for girls as well as boys, derived from the Latin florere, meaning "to be with flowers, to bloom".
- Kabamba Floors the South African rugby union footballer
- Floor (poker) a reference to a floor person who runs a poker room and makes decisions on hands.
- Floor (play), a 2006 play
- Floor (band), a metal band from Florida
- Floors Castle, Scotland
- Floor exercise, gymnastics routines with no equipment
- Floored (film), a documentary about the Chicago trading floors
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Thirteenth floor (disambiguation) — The thirteenth floor of a building is often omitted because of superstition.Thirteenth floor may also refer to:* The Thirteenth Floor , 1999 science fiction film * The Tale of the Thirteenth Floor, an episode of the television series Are You… … Wikipedia
The Face on the Cutting-Room Floor (disambiguation) — The proverbial face on the cutting room floor is a character in a movie who, after the shooting is completed, is completely removed from the film, for whatever reason. The same idea also holds true for documentaries, where in the editing process… … Wikipedia
Four to the floor (disambiguation) — Four to the floor is a type of steady, regular 4/4 rhythm pattern. The expression may also refer to one fo the following.*Four to the Floor (Miles Hunt song), a song by Miles Hunt from the 1996 album Hairy on the Inside *Four to the Floor, a song … Wikipedia
Thirteenth floor — The levels of a multi story building are numbered sequentially, from basement , one or ground upwards. In some countries, the number 13 is considered unlucky and building owners will sometimes purposefully omit a floor so numbered.cite… … Wikipedia
Four on the floor — may refer to one of the following.* Four to the floor, also known as four on the floor, a steady, uniform 4/4 beat in music * Four on the Floor , a 1986 CBC comedy series. * Four on the Floor (Juliette and the Licks album), a 2006 Juliette and… … Wikipedia
Four on the Floor — For other uses, see Four on the Floor (disambiguation). Four on the Floor Genre sketch comedy Written by Paul Chato, Rick Green, Dan Redican, Peter Wildman Directed by David Acomba Starring … Wikipedia
Dance floor — may refer to: Sprung floor, a floor to enhance performance and reduce injuries Performance surface or marley floor, flooring suitable for dance or sport Dance pad, a flat electronic game controller used for input in dance games Illuminated dance… … Wikipedia
Dream (disambiguation) — A dream is an experience during sleep. Dream may also refer to: Contents 1 General use 2 Art 3 Compani … Wikipedia
Da Vinci (disambiguation) — Da Vinci usually refers to Leonardo da Vinci (1452–1519), Italian Renaissance polymath. It may also refer to: Contents 1 Places 2 Ships 3 Television 4 Technology … Wikipedia
Danny Thomas (disambiguation) — Danny Thomas (1912 1991), was an American comedian, actor and philanthropist. Danny Thomas may also refer to: Danny Thomas (footballer born 1961), former England and Tottenham Hotspur footballer Danny Thomas (footballer born 1981), footballer… … Wikipedia