- Gentiva Health Services
A publicly traded Nasdaq|GTIV company, [ [http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=gtiv GTIV: Summary for GENTIVA HLTH SVCS - Yahoo! Finance ] ] Gentiva is a
Fortune 1000company with $870 million in annual revenue. Gentiva is also a member of the S&P 600index, developed by Standard & Poor's, featuring small capitalization U.S.-based stocks.
Gentiva provides health services in nearly every state in the nation and maintains over 300 U.S. locations. According to "Morningstar", "Gentiva is a gentle giant...the nation's largest home health care services firm." [ [http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/100/100330.html Gentiva Health Services, Inc. Company Profile - Yahoo! Finance ] ]
In 2002, Gentiva sold its specialty pharmaceutical services division, which administered infusion and injectable pharmaceuticals to patients with both acute and chronic disease, to
Accredo Health Inc.for $415 million in cash and stock. [ [http://www.highbeam.com/library/doc0.asp?DOCID=1P1:49300425&num=37&ctrlInfo=Round7%3AProd%3ASR%3AResult&ao= Gentiva Makes $415M Deal - Newsday - HighBeam Research ] ] Accredo, in turn, was acquired by Medco (NYSE:MHS), a former division of Merck & Co., for $2.2 billion in February 2005.
In 2006, Gentiva acquired the
Atlanta, Georgia-based Healthfield Group, a U.S. provider of home health and pharmaceutical services, for $454 million in cash and stock. [ [http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4189/is_20060105/ai_n15995860 LI-based Gentiva Health Services plans Healthfield buy | Long Island Business News | Find Articles at BNET.com ] ] In 2008, Gentiva sold a majority stake of its benefit management business, CareCentrix, to Water Street Healthcare Partners, a Chicago-based private equityfirm. [ [http://investors.gentiva.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=336855 "Gentiva Health Services Completes Sale of Majority Stake in CareCentrix Unit," September 25, 2008.] ]
* [http://www.gentiva.com Gentiva Health Services Official Web Site] .
* [http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=gtiv Gentiva Health Services profile at Yahoo Finance] .
* [http://www.nndb.com/company/020/000051864/ Gentiva Health Services profile at NNDB] .
* [http://www.homehealthprovider.com/Content/news/article.asp?Bucket=Article&DocID=c99ce2fd-67d0-11d4-8c57-009027de0829&VNETCOOKIE=NO "Gentiva Considers Sale of Staffing Business"] , "Home Health Provider", August 2, 2000.
* [http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D02EED81331F935A1575BC0A9669C8B63 "Gentiva Health Services to Sell Staffing Unit"] , "
The New York Times", August 26, 2000.
* [http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C06E5DE153DF931A15756C0A9679C8B63 "Gentiva to Appeal Ruling"] , "
The New York Times", May 22, 2001.
* [http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9804E0DA1138F933A25754C0A9679C8B63 "City Plans Home Health Contract for Company Renamed After Fraud"] , "
The New York Times", July 10, 2001.
* [http://www.crm-daily.com/perl/story/13481.html "Customer Concerns Mount in Tragedy Aftermath"] , "CRM Daily", September 12, 2001.
* [http://www.allbusiness.com/north-america/united-states-new-york/955716-1.html "Feds Conclude Investigation of Payments to Gentiva"] , "Long Island Business News", November 16, 2001.
* [http://www.highbeam.com/library/doc0.asp?DOCID=1P1:49300425&num=37&ctrlInfo=Round7%3AProd%3ASR%3AResult&ao= "Gentiva Makes $415M Deal"] , "
Newsday", January 3, 2002.
* [http://sec.edgar-online.com/2002/01/07/0000950162-02-000028/Section5.asp Gentiva's 8-K SEC filing on sale of specialty pharmaceutical business] , Edgar Online, January 7, 2002.
* [http://www.fool.com/news/mft/2005/mft05021722.htm "More Work to Do at Gentiva"] ,
Motley Fool, February 17, 2005.
* [http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4189/is_20060105/ai_n15995860 "Long Island-based Gentiva Health Services Plans Healthfield Buy"] , "Long Island Business News", January 5, 2006.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Medco Health Solutions — Medco Health Solutions, Inc. Type Public (NYSE: MHS) Industry Healthcare Founded 2003 … Wikipedia
GTIV — Gentiva Health Services, Inc. (Business » NASDAQ Symbols) … Abbreviations dictionary
GTIVV — Gentiva Health Services, Inc. (Business » NASDAQ Symbols) … Abbreviations dictionary
Michael Johns (executive) — Michael Johns Michael Johns exiting Tavern on the Green, New York City, April 4, 2008. Born September 8, 1964 (1964 09 08) (age 47) Allentown, Pennsylvania, U.S … Wikipedia
Atlanta — This article is about the city in the U.S. state of Georgia. For other uses, see Atlanta (disambiguation). Atlanta … Wikipedia
John Quelch — John Anthony Quelch is a business school academic, administrator, public servant, corporate director and consultant. He is Senior Associate Dean and Lincoln Filene Professor of Business Administration at Harvard Business School. BooksHis research … Wikipedia
Economy of New York — New York City New York City dominates the economy of the state. It is the leading center of banking, finance and communication in the United States and is the location of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) on Wall Street, Manhattan.… … Wikipedia
Economy of Long Island — Long Island s commuter towns are well known for supplying skilled labor to more urban places, but its four counties have their own factories, offices, schools and other workplaces, employing more workers than commute to distant… … Wikipedia
List of companies in Atlanta — Delta Air Lines headquarters … Wikipedia
List of companies of the United States — American company redirects here. For the eighteenth century theatre company, see American Company.This is a list of notable companies headquartered in the United States: *#Current companies *#Former companies, including acquired and merged ones… … Wikipedia