- State Parks of New South Wales
The State Parks of New South Wales are eighteen protected areas in New South Wales, Australia reserved for camping, water sports and recreational uses. State Parks are maintained by the New South Wales Department of Lands and managed by community trust boards.
- Bellinger Heads State Park , near Coffs Harbour
- at the mouth of the Bellinger and Kalang Rivers,
- Belmont State Park, Lake Macquarie (or Belmont Wetlands)
- 514 ha (1,270 acres) of wetlands and dunes, established as a state park in 2005
- Burrinjuck Waters State Park, near Yass (officially Burrinjuck State Recreation Area)
- 75 ha (185 acres) of bushland on the southern escarpment of Mount Barren Jack
- Coffs Coast State Park, near Coffs Harbour (officially Coffs Coast Regional Park)
- 360 ha (890 acres)
- Copeton Waters State Park, near Armidale (officially Copeton State Recreation Area)
- Cronulla State Park
- Goolawah State Park, near Crescent Head
- Grabine Lakeside State Park, near [Bigga, New South Wales](official
- near Wyangala Dam
- Harrington Beach State Park
- 431 ha (1,065 acres) of ocean beaches adjoining Crowdy Head
- Jervis Bay State Park
- Killalea State Park, near Wollongong (officially Killalea State Recreation Area)
- is a reserve covering approximately 265 ha (655 acres) of coastal land. It was named for Edward Killelea, a previous owner. It used to be a dairy farm.
- It is situated on the southern part of Bass Point, a peninsula south of Shellharbour. It includes a lagoon, Killalea Lagoon, two popular surfing beaches that are part of a national surfing reserve and camping grounds. The two beaches are called Mystics and The Farm, also known as Minnamurra and Killalea respectively.
- The reserve's southern extremity is the northern side of the entrance to the Minnamurra River. It also incorporates Stack Island, a small rocky island just offshore from the entrance.
- Lake Burrendong State Park, near Dubbo
- 581 ha (1,436 acres) near Mumbil on the southwestern shore of Lake Burrendong
- Lake Glenbawn State Park, in the Upper Hunter Valley (officially Lake Glenbawn State Recreation Area)
- Lake Keepit State Park, between Tamworth and Narrabri (officially Lake Keepit State Recreation Area)
- 4,370 ha (10,799 acres) on Lake Keepit and the Namoi River
- Living Desert State Park, near Broken Hill
- Manning Entrance State Park
- 487 ha (1,203 acres) of ocean beaches on the Manning River
- Wallaga Lake State Park
- Wyangala Waters State Park, near Cowra
Other protected areas in New South Wales are maintained by local councils, the National Parks and Wildlife Service, the Botanic Gardens Trust and the forestry arm of the Department of Primary Industries.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
State Library of New South Wales — State Library of New South Wales, Mitchell Wing, exterior … Wikipedia
State Dockyard, Newcastle, New South Wales — The State Dockyard at Dykes Point, Newcastle was built by the New South Wales Government from 1938 until 1941 and opened in 1942 during World War II. The dockyard was constructed using much of the plant and buildings from the former Walsh Island… … Wikipedia
National Parks in New South Wales — The Australian state of New South Wales has many National Parks, including the Royal National Park, on the southern edge of Sydney, which is the second oldest in the world. [Cite web|url=http://www2.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/parks.nsf/WebMgmt/HTMLP… … Wikipedia
South West Slopes (New South Wales) — The South West Slopes is a region predominantly in New South Wales, Australia. It covers the lower inland slopes of the Great Dividing Range extending from north of Cowra through southern NSW into western Victoria. More than 90% of the region is… … Wikipedia
New South Wales Rural Fire Service — Motto: ...for Our Community Established 1997 Staffing … Wikipedia
New South Wales — NSW redirects here. For the historical region of Canada, see New Britain (Canada). For other uses, see NSW (disambiguation). Coordinates: 32°0′S 147°0′E / 32°S 147°E … Wikipedia
New England (New South Wales) — New England New South Wales Mount Duval in New England Population … Wikipedia
New South Wales Department of Premier and Cabinet — overview Formed 2007 Preceding Premier s Department of New South Wales Dissolved The Cabinet Office (New South Wales) Jurisdiction New South Wales Headquarters Level 39, Governor Macquarie … Wikipedia
New South Wales Land and Property Information — Agency overview Formed 1 April 2011 Preceding Agency Land and Property Management Authority Jurisdiction New South Wales Headquarters 1 Prince Albert Road, Sydney Minister responsible … Wikipedia
New South Wales Department of Primary Industries — overview Formed 2004 Dissolved New South Wales Department of Industry and Investment Jurisdiction New South Wales Headquarters 161 Kite Street, Orange, New South Wales, Australia … Wikipedia