- Lauren Alloy
Lauren B. Alloy is a
professorof psychologyat Temple Universityrecognized in the area of mood disorders. Her research focuses on cognitive, interpersonal, and biopsychosocial processes in the onset and maintenance of depression and bipolar disorder. [ [http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/007242298x/information_center_view0/about_the_authors.html Abnormal Psychology: About the Authors] .] In the late 1970s, Alloy and her longtime collaborator Lyn Abramson demonstrated that depressed individuals hold a more accurate view of their control of the social environment than do non-depressed individuals. This finding holds true even when the depression is manipulated experimentally [ [http://www.time.com/time/magazine/printout/0,8816,1015922,00.html Time/CNN: How Full Is That Glass, Really?.] ] (see also: illusion of control)
Awards [ [http://alloy.socialpsychology.org/ Professional Profile: Lauren Alloy] .]
* 1984 -
American Psychological AssociationYoung Psychologist Award
* 2001 - Temple University's Paul W. Eberman Faculty Research Award
* 2002 - American Psychological Association Master Lecturer Award in Psychopathology (jointly with Lyn Abramson)
* 2003 - American Psychological Association Division 12 Distinguished Scientific Contribution Award (jointly with Lyn Abramson)
* 2003 - Society for a Science of Clinical Psychology Distinguished Scientist Award.
* 2003 - American Psychological Association Division 12 Distinguished Scientific Contribution Award (with Lyn Abramson)
* 2004 - Society for a Science of Clinical Psychology Distinguished Scientist Award
* 2004 -
Joseph WolpeDistinguished Faculty Fellow in Psychology
* Alloy, L. B., Abramson, L. Y., Gibb, B. E., Crossfield, A. G., Pieracci, A. M., Spasojevic, J., & Steinberg, J. A. (2004). Developmental antecedents of cognitive vulnerability to depression: Review of findings from the cognitive vulnerability to depression project. "Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy", 18(2), 115-133.
* Crossfield, A. G., Alloy, L. B., Gibb, B. E., & Abramson, L. Y. (2002). The development of depressogenic cognitive styles: The role of negative childhood life events and parental inferential feedback. "Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy", 16(4), 487-502.
* Gibb, B. E., Abramson, L. Y., & Alloy, L. B. (2004). Emotional maltreatment from parents, verbal peer victimization, and cognitive vulnerability to depression. "Cognitive Therapy & Research", 28(1), 1-21.
* Gibb, B. E., Alloy, L. B., & Abramson, L. Y. (2003). Global reports of childhood maltreatment versus recall of specific maltreatment experiences: Relationships with dysfunctional attitudes and depressive symptoms. "Cognition & Emotion", 17(6), 903-915.
* Gibb, B. E., Alloy, L. B., Abramson, L. Y., Beevers, C. G., & Miller, I. W. (2004). Cognitive vulnerability to depression: A taxometric analysis. "Journal of Abnormal Psychology", 113(1), 81-89.
* Gibb, B. E., Alloy, L. B., Abramson, L. Y., & Marx, B. P. (2003). Childhood maltreatment and maltreatment-specific inferences: A test of Rose and Abramson's (1992) extension of the hopelessness theory. "Cognition & Emotion", 17(6), 917-931.
* Gibb, B. E., Zhu, L., Alloy, L. B., & Abramson, L. Y. (2002). Attributional styles and academic achievement in university students: A longitudinal investigation. "Cognitive Therapy & Research", 26(3), 309-315.
* Robinson, M. S., & Alloy, L. B. (2003). Negative cognitive styles and stress-reactive rumination interact to predict depression: A prospective study. "Cognitive Therapy & Research", 27(3), 275-292.
* Safford, S. M., Alloy, L. B., Crossfield, A. G., Morocco, A. M., & Wang, J. C. (2004). The relationship of cognitive style and attachment style to depression and anxiety in young adults. "Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy", 18(1), 25-41.
* Spasojevic, J., & Alloy, L. B. (2002). Who becomes a depressive ruminator? Developmental antecedents of ruminative response style. "Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy", 16(4), 405-419.
* Spasojevic, J., & Alloy, L. B. (2001). Rumination as a common mechanism relating depressive risk factors to depression. "Emotion", 1(1), 25-37.
* Steinberg, J. A., Gibb, B. E., Alloy, L. B., & Abramson, L. Y. (2003). Childhood emotional maltreatment, cognitive vulnerability to depression, and self-referent information processing in adulthood: Reciprocal relations. "Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy", 17(4), 347-358.
* [http://www.temple.edu/psychology/FacultyWebs/Alloy/alloy.html Temple University faculty page]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Lauren Zettle — Infobox Model name = Lauren LoLo Zettle birthname = Lauren Zettle birthdate = birth date and age|1987|04|22 location = Flagicon|USA Fremont, California, U.S. height = height|ft=5|in=9 haircolor = red eyecolor = brown dress size = 6 (US) shoesize … Wikipedia
List of psychologists — This list includes notable psychologists and contributors to psychology, some of whom may not have thought of themselves primarily as psychologists but are included here because of their important contributions to the discipline.Specialized lists … Wikipedia
List of psychology topics — This page aims to list all topics related to psychology. This is so that those interested in the subject can monitor changes to the pages by clicking on Related changes in the sidebar. It is also to see the gaps in Wikipedia s coverage of the… … Wikipedia
List of social psychologists — The following is a list of academicians, both past and present, who are widely renowned for their groundbreaking contributions to the field of social psychology.A* Robert P. Abelson * Lauren Alloy * Floyd Allport * Gordon Allport * Irwin Altman * … Wikipedia
List of clinical psychologists — This list includes notable Clinical Psychologists and contributors to Clinical psychology, some of whom may not have thought of themselves primarily as Clinical psychologists but are included here because of their important contributions to the… … Wikipedia
Psicólogos notables — Anexo:Psicólogos notables Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Contenido 1 A 2 B 3 C 4 D … Wikipedia Español
Anexo:Psicólogos notables — Contenido 1 A 2 B 3 C 4 D 5 E … Wikipedia Español
Business and Industry Review — ▪ 1999 Introduction Overview Annual Average Rates of Growth of Manufacturing Output, 1980 97, Table Pattern of Output, 1994 97, Table Index Numbers of Production, Employment, and Productivity in Manufacturing Industries, Table (For Annual… … Universalium
Land Rover Defender — 2007 Defender Manufacturer Land Rover Also called Land Rover Ninety, One Ten 127 (1983 1990) … Wikipedia
Channel One News — Launched 1989 (pilot program debut) 1990 (national debut) Owned by Whittle Communications (1989 1994) PRIMEDIA (1994 2007) Alloy Media+Marketing (2007 present) … Wikipedia