- Central Sussex College
Central Sussex College Established 1958 (merger from 1 August 2005) Type Further education college Principal Dr Russell Strutt Location College Road
Local authority South-East England LSC (although in West Sussex LEA) DfE number ???/8603 DfE URN 129383 Ofsted Reports Staff 900+ teaching staff Students 3,000 (full-time), 15,000 (part-time) Gender Mixed Ages 16+ Website Central Sussex College
Central Sussex College is a college of further education in West Sussex. It has campuses across West Sussex and offers courses ranging from Sixth form and Adult education to undergraduate courses through partnerships with universities.
Central Sussex College was formed in August 2005 from a merger of Crawley College and Haywards Heath College. 
Crawley College of Further Education was opened in 1958  by West Sussex County Council at the campus in Crawley town centre. The college offered many technical courses, particularly in engineering fields, and was later known as Crawley College of Technology from 1977 until 1989.
Haywards Heath College
Haywards Heath College was established in 1980 and offered mainly courses for 16 - 18 year old students following on from compulsory education. Haywards Heath Grammar School opened on 9 September 1958, being run by East Sussex Education Committee with 800 boys and girls. It became a sixth form college.
The College has five campuses across the county, offering a variety of services at each, and a commercial training centre in Horsham, Horsham Training Centre. The main headquarters in Crawley are opposite the police station on the A2004.
- The Crawley campus at College Road, Crawley, offers a variety of technical and professional courses, including engineering, hair and beauty services, food, information technology and construction. It is the largest of the campuses  as well as being the centre through which undergraduate courses are undertaken in partnership with the University of Chichester and the University of Sussex.
- The Haywards Heath campus at Harlands Road in the west of the town, north of Dolphin Leisure Centre. It offers mainly post-compulsory courses such as Advanced level courses and BTECs. The campus attracts mainly students in the 16-18 age bracket.
- There are two campuses in East Grinstead at Queensmere House in the town centre offering many adult educaiton and IT-based courses, as well as a beauty salon, and at The Birches Industrial Estate where there is a vocational centre working in partnership with the local secondary schools.
- The final campus at the Victoria Business Centre in Burgess Hill provides vocational training in brickwork, plumbing, electrical installation, welding and motor vehicle engineering.
- Horsham Training Centre in Hurst Road, Horsham, is a professional training centre for adults offering one day and short courses including IT, leadership and management, health and safety and business skills.
The college has trainee hairdressing, beauty salons, and a restaurant open to the public. These allow students to train with real customers.
Intuition is the brand name for the college's trainee hairdressing and beauty salons at Crawley and East Grinstead. 
Le Cordon Vert is a restaurant based at the Crawley campus.
- Harry Cowell, record producer
Crawley College of Further Education
- Simon Block, General Secretary from 2000-8 of the British Boxing Board of Control
- Liz Byrski, journalist
Crawley College of Technology
- Michael Dempsey, bass guitarist of The Cure from 1977-9
- Laura Moffatt, Labour MP from 1997-2010 for Crawley
Haywards Heath College
Haywards Heath Grammar School
- Tim Godwin OBE, Deputy Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis since 2009
- Stephen Martin, Chief Executive from 2000-3 of the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales
- Anne Milton, Conservative MP for Guildford since 2005
- Philip Payton, Professor of Cornish and Australian Studies at the University of Exeter
- Greta Scacchi (briefly), actress
Administration Leisure Transport Education Buildings
Listed buildings · Places of worship · Friary Church of St Francis and St Anthony · St John the Baptist's Church · St Margaret's Church · St Michael and All Angels Church · St Nicholas' Church · Ifield Friends Meeting House · Ancient Priors · Brewery Shades · Broadfield House · Charlwood House · City Place Gatwick · Crawley Hospital · George Hotel · Ifield Water Mill · Old Punch Bowl · The Beehive · Tree House · White Hart Inn
Gatwick Stream · River Mole
and other areas
Universities and colleges in South East England Universities Further Education collegesAbingdon & Witney · Amersham & Wycombe · Andover · Aylesbury · Basingstoke · Berkshire · Bracknell & Wokingham · Brighton & Hove · Brockenhurst · Brooklands · Canterbury · Central Sussex · Chichester · East Berkshire · Eastleigh · East Surrey · Fareham · Farnborough · Guildford · Hadlow · Hastings · Henley · Highbury · Isle of Wight · K College · MidKent · Milton Keynes · Newbury · Northbrook · North East Surrey · North West Kent · Oxford & Cherwell Valley · Plumpton · Reading · Ruskin · Southampton · South Downs · Sparsholt · Sussex Coast · Sussex Downs · Thanet Sixth form colleges
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Sidney Sussex College — Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Escudo del Sidney Sussex College. El Sidney Sussex College (por lo general llamado sólo Sidney) fue fundado en 1596 y llamado en honor a su fundadora, Frances Sidney, Condesa de… … Wikipedia Español
Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge — Escudo del Sidney Sussex College. El Sidney Sussex College (por lo general llamado sólo Sidney) fue fundado en 1596 y llamado en honor a su fundadora, Frances Sidney, Condesa de Sussex. Es uno de los 31 colleges que constituyen la Universidad de… … Wikipedia Español
Sussex — County of Sussex redirects here. For other uses, see Sussex County (disambiguation). This refers to the historic county in England. For other uses either see Sussex (disambiguation) or, for the administrative counties that Sussex is divided into … Wikipedia
Central School of Art and Design — Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design Das Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design ist eine Hochschule für Kunst und Design im Zentrum von London. Das College gehört zur University of the Arts London, die im Jahr 2004 den Status… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Sussex County, Delaware — Sussex County Courthouse in Georgetown, Delaware … Wikipedia
Sussex (Nouveau-Brunswick) — Sussex Le Centre Ville de Sussex. Administration Pays Canada … Wikipédia en Français
Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design — Das Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design ist eine Hochschule für Kunst und Design im Zentrum von London. Das College gehört zur University of the Arts London, die im Jahr 2004 den Status einer unabhängigen Universität erhalten hat … Deutsch Wikipedia
College of St Hild and St Bede — Durham University … Wikipedia
Sussex University — Vorlage:Infobox Hochschule/Professoren fehlt University of Sussex Motto Be still and know Gründung 1961 … Deutsch Wikipedia
Sussex, New Brunswick — Infobox Settlement official name = Sussex nickname = Cow Town motto = Gateway to the Fundy Experience imagesize = 200px image caption = Downtown Sussex image pushpin settlement type = Town subdivision type = Country subdivision name = Canada… … Wikipedia