- Central Bank of Cuba
The Central Bank of Cuba (Spanish: Banco Central de Cuba, BCC) is the central bank of Cuba. It was created in 1997, to take over many of the functions of the National Bank of Cuba (Spanish: Banco Nacional de Cuba). From its creation, until May 2009, the President was Francisco Soberón Valdés.
Functions of the Bank
Its website sets out its mission:
- To issue the national currency and seek for its stability.
- To contribute to the macroeconomic balance and orderly development of the economy.
- To keep custody of the country’s international reserves.
- To propose and implement a monetary policy which allows to attain the economic goals established by the country.
- To ensure normal internal and external payment operations.
- To dictate mandatory regulations.
- To exercise the functions related to the discipline and supervision of the financial institutions and representative offices authorised to establish themselves in the country and of any other entrusted to it by the laws.
The President of the Central Bank is a member of the Council of Ministers of Cuba.
- (Spanish) (English) Central Bank of Cuba official site
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Central Bank of Iraq — البنك المركزي العراقي The Central Bank of Iraq, guarded by U.S. troops in … Wikipedia
Central Bank of Nigeria — Central Bank of Nigeria … Wikipedia
Central Bank of Cyprus — Kεντρική Τράπεζα Κύπρου (Greek) Kıbrıs Merkez Bankası (Turkish) … Wikipedia
Central Bank of Montenegro — Centralna Banka Crne Gore … Wikipedia
Central Bank of Somalia — Bankiga ee Dhexe ee Soomaaliya البنك المركزي في الصومال Headquarters … Wikipedia
Central Bank of the Dominican Republic — The Central Bank of the Dominican Republic (Spanish: Banco Central de la República Dominicana, BCRD) was established by the Monetary and Banking Law of 1947 as the central bank of the Dominican Republic, responsible for regulating the country s… … Wikipedia
Central Bank of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea — 조선민주주의인민공화국중앙은행 Joseon Minjujueui Inmin Gonghwaguk Jungang Eunhaeng Headquarters Pyongyang Central bank of Democratic People s Republic of Korea Currency North Korean won ISO 4217 Code … Wikipedia
Central Bank of Azerbaijan — Azərbaycan Mərkəzi Bankı Central Bank of Azerbaijan Headquarters … Wikipedia
Central bank — Part of a series on Government Public finance … Wikipedia
Central Bank of Chile — The Central Bank of Chile (Spanish: Banco Central de Chile) is the central bank of Chile. It was originally created in 1925 and is incorporated into the current Chilean Constitution as an autonomous institution of constitutional rank. Contents 1… … Wikipedia