- The Hours (band)
Infobox musical artist
Name = The Hours
Background = group_or_band
Genre = Indie / Rock
Antony Gennand Martin Slattery
The Hours are a band formed in 2004 by
Antony Gennand Martin Slattery. Antony Genn had previously played with the bands Elasticaand Pulp, and also worked as a producer, including producing sessions for the electronic act UNKLE. Martin Slatteryis an established pianist and keyboard player, who had previously toured with Shaun Ryder’s group Black Grape. Both Antony and Martin also have worked with Joe Strummeras a part the group The Mescaleros.
The band is managed by
Jeanette Lee, who runs Rough Trade with Geoff Travisand former Pulp bassist Steve Mackey. The artwork for the band, including the skull image was created by British artist Damien Hirstfor his "For The Love Of God" Collection..
They have received support from Radio One DJ
Zane Lowe, and from Jarvis Cockerwho said "They understand what music is for – it's for human beings to communicate with other human beings. It's that simple, it's that important. Let them into your life. You won't regret it".
Their single "Ali in the Jungle" is featured in the EA Sports FIFA 08 football game. "People Say" has twice been used in the opening scenes of British
soap opera Hollyoaks.
As of June 2008, the band are in studio with Mark Ellis (aka Flood) producing their new album.
Narcissus Road" - 5 February 2007, A&M Records- #47 (UK)
* [http://www.thehours.co.uk Official Site]
* [http://www.myspace.com/thehours MySpace page]
* [http://www.7digital.com/thehours Free download of 'Murder or Suicide']
* [http://www.interscope.com A & M Records]
* [http://living.scotsman.com/music.cfm?id=1688592006 Scotsman interview with Antony Genn]
* [http://www.leftlion.co.uk/articles.cfm/id/1696 Interview with Antony on LeftLion.co.uk]
* [http://playlouder.com/feature/+class-of-2007-th-1/ Playlouder 'Class of 2007' interview with Antony Genn]
* [http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/CoolNewStuff/Details.aspx?StoryID=42198 GQ Online album review of Narcissus Road]
* [http://www.rockfeedback.com/article.asp?nObjectID=4031 Rockfeedback single review of Back When You Were Good]
* [http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/1509779 Drowned in Sound single review of Back When You Were Good]
* [http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-5174019791893295274&hl=en-GB "Ali In The Jungle" performance live at the Zodiac, Oxford, UK on 9th March 2007]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
The Bothy Band — Pays d’origine Irlande Genre musical Musique irlandaise Années d activité De 1974 à 1978 … Wikipédia en Français
The Elms (band) — The Elms The Elms performing in 2004. Background information Origin Indiana, United States Genres … Wikipedia
The Bothy Band — was an Irish traditional band which emerged at the tail end of 1974 from a musical event celebrating the twenty fifth anniversary of the Gael Linn record label. During the remainder of the band s five year career The Bothy Band laid down a… … Wikipedia
The Bothy Band — Datos generales Origen Irlanda Información artística … Wikipedia Español
The Burning (Band) — Infobox Musical artist Name = The Burning Img capt = Img size = Landscape = Background = group or band Birth name = Alias = Born = Died = Origin = Aarhus, Denmark Instrument = Voice type = Genre = Death metal Deathcore Hardcore punk Thrash metal… … Wikipedia
The Challengers (band) — The Challengers were an instrumental surf rock band in the 1960s, located in Los Angeles. They started early in the game and helped make the genre popular. Their debut album Surfbeat is the biggest selling surf album of all time and almost single … Wikipedia
The Humans (band) — The Humans are an experimental band project, featuring Bill Rieflin (REM), Toyah Willcox and Chris Wong. According to toyahwillcox.com, THE HUMANS live show is song based but the songs are deconstructed down to the bones of raw experience… … Wikipedia
The Ferrets (band) — Infobox musical artist Name = The Ferrets Img capt = Dreams of a Love The Ferrets début album Img size = Landscape = Background = group or band Alias = Origin = flagicon|Australia Melbourne Sydney, Australia Genre = Pop,Rock Years active = 1975… … Wikipedia
The Open (band) — Infobox musical artist Name = The Open Background = group or band Origin = Liverpool, England Genre = Indie Years active = 2003 ndash;2006 Label = Loog Records Current members = Steve Bayley Jon Winter Roger Westwood Jim Reynolds Al Dutton The… … Wikipedia
The Hours — can refer to:*The Hours (engraving), by Francesco Bartolozzi, based on a painting by Maria Cosway. * The Hours (novel), by Michael Cunningham * The Hours (film), directed by Stephen Daldry ** The Hours (soundtrack), the soundtrack composed by… … Wikipedia