- Covenant (disambiguation)
covenant, in its most general sense, is a solemn and bilateral promise to do or not do something specified.
Covenant may also refer to:
Covenant (biblical), a series of solemn agreements believed to exist between God and the Israelites
Covenant theology, a form of Calvinist philosophy which views all of history under the aspect of God's covenants
New Covenant, a biblical reference to an epoch of peace following a period of trial and judgment
Covenant (Latter Day Saints), in the Latter Day Saint movement, a personal agreement with God
Covenant of Bahá'u'lláh, in the Bahá'í Faith
In law and government:
International Covenant on Civil and Political Rightsof 1976, a United Nations treaty
Palestinian National Covenantof 1964, which outlined the aims of the Palestine Liberation Organization
Ulster Covenantof 1912, which protested against a British home-rule bill
Solemn League and Covenantof 1643, a treaty for the preservation of the reformed religion in Scotland
Covenanters, a historical Scots political organization bound together to support the National Covenant of 1638 and the Solemn League and Covenant of 1643
Covenant Party, a political party
Covenant marriage, a new form of marriage contract which does not allow for no-fault divorce
Places and institutions:
Covenant Life, Alaska, a town in Alaska
Covenant Bible College Canada, a vocational/Bible college located in Strathmore, Alberta
Covenant Day School, private Christian School in Charlotte, North Carolina
Covenant College (disambiguation), the undergraduate institution of the Presbyterian Church in America (and other Covenant Colleges)
Covenant Health Systems, a New England health care company
Covenant Theological Seminary, the denominational seminary of the Presbyterian Church in America
Covenant University, private university in Nigeria
* "The Covenant" (novel), a novel by James Michener set in South Africa that takes place between prehistory and the 1980s
* Covenant ("World of Darkness"), ideological establishments consisting mostly of Vampires in the fictional "World of Darkness" universe
* "Thomas Covenant" the Unbeliever, the protagonist of a series of fantasy novels by "Stephen R. Donaldson"
In film and television:
* "The Covenant" (film), a 2006 fantasy film
* Covenant ("Alias"), a powerful and secretive fictional terrorist organisation in the TV show "Alias"
* "Covenant" ("DS9" episode), an episode of "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine"
* "Covenant" ("Stargate SG-1"), an episode of the science fiction television series "Stargate SG-1"
* "The Covenant" (1985 film), a film directed by
Covenant (band), a Swedish synthpop / EBM / Futurepop band.
* Covenant, former name of the Norwegian band now called
* "Covenant" (Morbid Angel album), the third official full-length album by death metal band
* "Covenant" (UFO album), the 16th album by heavy metal band UFO.
In video games:
* "", console role-playing game developed by Nautilus and published by Midway in 2004.
* Covenant ("Halo"), a religious alliance of alien races in the "Halo" video game series.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
New Covenant (disambiguation) — New Covenant can mean: New Covenant the biblical and theological concept the primary use of the term New Covenant (politics) the comparatively recent and minor use of the term in American politics New Covenant Theology a particular theological… … Wikipedia
Covenant (biblical) — This article is about biblical covenants. For other uses, see Covenant (disambiguation). A biblical covenant is an agreement found in the Bible between God and His people in which God makes specific promises and demands. It is the customary word… … Wikipedia
Covenant Code — For other meanings of Book of the Covenant , see Book of the Covenant (disambiguation). The Covenant Code, or alternatively Book of the Covenant, is the name given by academics to a text appearing in the Torah at Exodus 20:19 23:33. Biblically,… … Wikipedia
Covenant (UFO album) — This is about the album by UFO. For other albums titled Covenant see Covenant (disambiguation). Covenant Studio album by UFO … Wikipedia
Covenant (Morbid Angel album) — This is about the album by Morbid Angel. For other albums titled Covenant see Covenant (disambiguation). Covenant Studio album by Morbid Angel … Wikipedia
Covenant College (disambiguation) — Covenant College may refer to: Covenant College, USA Covenant Bible College Canada, Canada Covenant College, Canberra, Australia This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an … Wikipedia
Covenant Christian School — may refer to: Covenant Christian School (Florida) Covenant Christian School (Stockport) Covenant Christian School (Sydney) This disambiguation page lists articles about schools, colleges, or other educational institutions which are associated… … Wikipedia
Covenant Party — can refer to: Covenant Party (Morocco) Covenant Party (Northern Mariana Islands) This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to … Wikipedia
Covenant Life — may refer to: Covenant Life, Alaska, United States Covenant Life Church, a 2800+ member reformed charismatic church in Gaithersburg, Maryland This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an … Wikipedia
Covenant School — can refer to: Covenant School (Texas) The Covenant School (Virginia) This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to chan … Wikipedia