- The Trix
The Trix Winx Club character First appearance Welcome to Magix/More Than High School (4kids version) Voiced by Icy: Lisa Ortiz (4kids English), Elenor Noble (Rai English)
Stormy: Suzy Myers (4kids English) (Stormy)
Darcy: Caren Manuel (4kids English), Carrie Finlay (Rai English)
Information Age at first appearance 18 (seniors) Origin Descendants of the Ancestral Witches Affiliation Cloudtower Powers and abilities Ice (Icy), storms/electricity (Stormy), darkness and illusions (Darcy)
The Trix are a group of fictional antagonists in the series Winx Club. They consist of three teenage witches: Icy, their leader, Darcy, and Stormy. For most of the first season, they attend the Cloudtower School for Witches. In the first season, the Trix stole the Dragon's Flame and summoned the Army of Darkness to take over the realm of Magix. The Trix are the descendants of the three witches who destroyed Domino and created Valtor. At the beginning of the first season, the Trix are more powerful than the fairies, with the exception of Bloom. In season 2, the Trix won every fight with the Winx because of the Gloomix.. In season 3, the Winx get their Enchantix and are able to overpower the Trix easily, even when they have their Disenchantix. The Trix may or may not be sisters. They operate as the principal antagonists in the first season, and as supporting villains in the second and third seasons. They do not appear in the fourth season. They returned in Magical Adventure as the main villains again.
A young witch described as the "Ice Queen," and as having a heart of ice. As the oldest and most powerful, she is the ruthless leader of the Trix. The name Icy suits her perfectly, describing her powers and her general personality. She is very cruel, viciously ridiculing people she doesn't approve of. She attacks victims with freezing rays and snow storms. Icy hates the fairies of Alfea to a huge extent, misguided by Professor Griffin. The witch's antics mainly target breaking into Alfea and casting some sort of spell such as a curse or hex. She does not date anyone and she disapproves of Darcy's dating Riven for a short time in season one. However, she shows affection for Darkar in season two and Valtor in the third season.
Icy's casual outfit consists of a light blue halter top with a large collar and a medium blue miniskirt with a belt of diamonds hanging from it. Her shoes are knee-length light blue boots with dark blue heels. Her hair is tied up into a tall ponytail with a blue band.
Icy's witch outfit is a dark blue full-body sleeveless suit. Her shoes are above-the-knee black boots with light blue heels. Beginning halfway down her upper arms are dark blue sleeves. She wears a dark blue cape, and the letter "I" is embossed onto the torso of the suit. Her hair remains the same.
Icy's Gloomix consists of two light blue glowing necklaces, the bottom of which has a glowing diamond hanging from it.
Icy's Disenchantix consists of a dark blue tube top edged in light blue and matching short-shorts. Her boots are dark blue and reach just below the knee. Around her waist hangs a light blue translucent shawl. On her left leg and both upper arms are several bands of dark blue fabric and she has a large blue collar. Her eye makeup is light blue and extends halfway down her cheeks. Her hairstyle does not change, though she now wears a dark blue crown with a light blue diamond.
When the Trix fell into a pond filled with tears of the Black Willow that can turn back time, they were turned into children of about twelve years old. As a child, Icy wore a light blue t-shirt with a white tank top over it, blue knee-length shorts and white sneakers. Her hair is tied into a high ponytail, but it is much shorter, with spiky bangs.
Powers and Skills
Icy's powers are based on ice. She is powered by anything cold and frigid and hates anything warm, fuzzy, cuddly, cute or soft. Icy has been trained to keep all emotions except hate concealed. She is seen to have the following powers, some using their 4kids names, some their Rai names.
- Ice Bracelet: Causes a circle of ice to surround the enemy, which gets smaller and smaller, coiling around them.
- Frozen Prism: Releases a burst of ice energy in the form of huge pointed crystals.
- Arctic Blast: Releases a fragment of ice energy, focusing it, which then explodes, leaving the enemy unconscious.
- Ice Coffin: Entraps a person or object in ice.
- Icicle Fury: Releases ice crystals at her enemies.
- Ice Crusher: A huge chunk of ice builds up next to an object and grows until the thin piece of ice holding it up breaks, causing the chunk of ice to fall on the object and crush it.
- Blizzard: Creates a blizzard.
- Ice Hail: Attack that wipes out everything in her path.
- Ice Tower: Freezes anything in a line in front of her.
- Chill Strike: She creates an ice blade and impales it to her opponent.
- Frostbite: Shoots out a chunk of ice.
- Ice Portal: Creates a gap made of small bits of ice to go through solid objects (such as walls).
- Icicle Barrage: Sends a barrage of harpoon-type icicles at her enemies.
- Pierce Attack: Sends a group of icicles at her enemies.
- Ice Wall: Creates a barrier of ice.
The youngest of the Trix, she is described as the "Queen of Storms." Her temper matches her name; Stormy is extremely proud, ill-tempered and can be somewhat immature. Her favorite solution for any problem is to smash it up and destroy it. Stormy is known for her frizzy hair shaped like a storm cloud.
Civilian:  In her standard form she wears a maroon crop-top with a metal loop decoration attaching the shirt to a loop around her neck. Other than this, her top is strapless. She also wears a shiny lavender mini-skirt. Her shoes are maroon platform high-heeled sandles. Her hair is dark blue and is shaped like a cloud. Like her older sisters, she has curled strands hanging loose the color of a whitish purple.
Witch:  In her witch form, Stormy wears a maroon dress with the letter "S" embossed at the middle of her outfit. She has matching fingerless gloves that reach to her elbows, as well as matching tights. Her high-heeled boots are the same height as Darcy's. Like her older sisters, she wears eye makeup of the color of her witch outfit and a choker around her neck. Her hair remains the same.
Disenchantix: In her Disenchantix form, Stormy wears an outfit that looks like a blue bathing suit with red trim. A red shawl is wrapped around her waist and hangs to her feet. Her boots are the same height as both her older sisters. The top trim of the boots is red and the rest is blue. She wears a red headband, and her hair is the same. Her red eye makeup goes all the way down her cheeks.
Child: When the Trix fell into the tears of the Black Willow on Linphea that turns back time, they were transformed back into Children (roughly 12 or 13 years old). Stormy's hair is in braided ponytails with puff-balls on the end. She wears a pink long sleeve top, blue tights, leg warmers and sneakers. She is shown to have acne. She is also shorter and sounds much younger.
Stormy creates and controls storms, and draws her powers from them. Her attacks, using both 4kids and Rai names, are:
- Electric Twister: Creates a twister of F-3 scale which contains electricity.
- Double Tornado: Creates double tornadoes.
- Lightning Bolt: Creates a bolt of lightning which can induce pain or make a person fall.
- Hurricane (Gloomix): Creates a funnel of F-3 scale.
- Tornado Sphere (Disenchantix): Traps a person in a tornado.
- Twister Fury: Creates a strong gust of wind.
- Twister of Rage: Creates an F-4 scale tornado.
- Electric Rage: - Current flows through Stormy's palm and form dark thundering clouds.
- Voltage Slam: - (Used against Bloom but she ducks it and Flora gets it) - Creates a bolts of lightning that slams into the opponent causing serious pain
- Psycho Clone: - A move in which she spins at a high speed creating a tornado with a scale of F-6.
- Electric Sparks: Blast of an electric force.
- Lightning Blade: Conjures up lightning energy, and sends it to the enemy like a dagger.
- Blast Of Dead (Trix's Convergence Attack): The Three Witch's converge all their Elemental Power and blast it to kill their target.
- Electric Booty Kick: Was used against Bloom to weaken her in order for her, Icy and Darcy could steal the Dragon Fire.
- Globe Of Lighting: A Beam of Lightning to fires to an enemy. It was used to break a barrier or a shield.
A young witch described as the "Angel of Darkness" (signora dell'oscurità)or the "Queen of Dark Magic". She is more calm and competent than her sisters. Devious and manipulative, Darcy uses subtle dark magic and illusions to confuse and control opponents. She is good at discovering weaknesses and exploiting them. Caren Manuel voiced Darcy in the 4kids version and Carrie Finlay in the Rai English version. Darcy's birthday is given as November 26 in the 4kids dub. It was hinted that she had a crush on Riven. However, she got over him quickly and began using him like the other Trix did. Darcy has demonstrated the power of confusion (as seen in Season One's The Day Of The Rose). She also has been seen to have hypnotic powers and appears to be ticklish.
Civilian:  Darcy's shirt is a indigo top with a heliotrope purple circle in the middle. It's attached to a chocker around her neck. Her pants are purple bell-bottoms. She also wears sunglasses with yellow lenses. Her shoes are black-ish purple boots, and her dark brown hair reaches all the way down to her ankles. Like her sisters, she has curls which are light brown, that hang loose at her shoulders.
Witch:  Her witch outfit is an indigo bodysuit with no sleeves and capri-style pants. Accessories include light purple gloves, ankle boots that are the same color as the outfit, and a choker that forms a "D" at her belt. Continuing the purple accessories, Darcy wears eye makeup in her witch outfit. Her hair remains the same.
Gloomix:  Her Gloomix is the same as her witch outfit, but on her left arm, her glove is replaced by a swirly arm piece with a diamond on the end.
Disenchantix: Her Disenchantix, resembling a bathing suit, is navy blue in color with lavender trim. Her boots are high, the same height as her sisters, navy blue, and have lavender trim on the top. She has a purple shawl wrapped around her waist. Her hair is the same, though with a purple headband in it.
Child: tears of the Black Willow on Linphea that turns back time, they were transformed back into children (roughly 12 or 13 years old). Darcy's hair is extremely short and is in a severe cut. She wears a necklace, a pale purple midriff top tied at the end, a below-the-knee skirt and boots. She is also shorter and her voice sounds younger.
Her powers are of darkness and illusion and her attacks are usually seen as purple rings. Her powers are widely displayed in the seventh episode of the first season The Day Of The Rose, where it is revealed that she can hypnotise people such as Riven. In the episode The Fall Of Magix, it is shown that she can turn rooms into darkness. In the monthly comic, her power is referred to as "Black Fire."
Her notable attacks are, as named in the 4Kids dub:
- Dark Slam: Creates a wave of darkness.
- Remote Witch Slam: Creates a hypnotic burst of energy.
- Clouds of Darkness (Gloomix): Creates darkness around a person.
- Cosmic Witcher: Affects a person both physically and emotionally.
- Perfect Darkness (Gloomix): Turns a room completely dark.
- Transformation: She used that to transform into Stella to trick the Winx and transform to Lady Griffin to defeat Mirta and Lucy with a surprise attack.
- Illusion Dillusion (Disenchantix): Creates an illusion of the target's greatest fear.
- Optical Darkness (Gloomix): Blinds the target.
- Pauser Hex (Gloomix): Freezes target's momentum.
- Duplication: Darcy can create up to 40 duplicates of herself, which attack enemies.
- Total Darkness (Gloomix): Makes an entire room completly dark
- Wall Of Shadow: Makes a wall from a dust of dark clouds that appear to her palms and traps an enemy.
Winx Club Articles Characters TV FilmsWinx Club: The Secret of the Lost Kingdom • Winx Club 3D: Magical Adventure Video games Other
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Trix (cereal) — Trix is a brand of breakfast cereal made by General Mills for the North American market. The cereal consists of fruit flavored, sweetened, ground corn pieces. These were originally round cereal pieces, but were later changed to puffed fruit… … Wikipedia
Trix (company) — Trix is a German company that originally made Trix metal construction sets. In 1935 it began producing the electrically powered model trains that it became famous for, under the Trix Express label. Prior to the outbreak of World War II the Trix… … Wikipedia
Trix — may refer to:* Trix (cereal), a breakfast cereal * Trix (technical analysis), a technical analysis oscillator * Trix (operating system), start for the first attempt at the GNU kernel * Trix (construction sets), originally produced in Germany and… … Wikipedia
Trix Express — was the main model train product range of the Trix of Nuremberg Germany, currently owned by the Maerklin company of Goeppingen Germany.The Trix Express system was first introduced at the Leipzig exhibition in 1935. It was the first reasonable… … Wikipedia
Trix (construction sets) — Trix model construction sets were originally produced in 1931 by a Nuremberg company, Andreas Förtner (Anfoe). The German patent for the basic Trix pieces had been granted the previous year, in 1930.The origin of the name Trix is uncertain; it… … Wikipedia
TRIX — Modelleisenbahn GmbH Co. KG Unternehmensform GmbH Co. KG Gründung 1838 Unternehmenssitz Nürnberg Branche Spielwarenindustrie … Deutsch Wikipedia
TRIX EXPRESS — TRIX Modelleisenbahn GmbH Co. KG Unternehmensform GmbH Co. KG Gründung 1838 Unternehmenssitz Nürnberg Branche Spielwarenindustrie … Deutsch Wikipedia
Trix — Modelleisenbahn GmbH Co. KG Rechtsform GmbH Co. KG Gründung 1838 Sitz … Deutsch Wikipedia
Trix — или TRIX (от англ. triple exponential moving average тройная экспоненциально сглаженная скользящая средняя) осциллятор, представляющий собой процентное отношение близлежащих значений тройной экспоненциально сглаженной… … Википедия
Trix (technical analysis) — Trix (or TRIX) is a technical analysis oscillator developed in the 1980s by Jack Hutson, editor of Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities magazine. It shows the slope (ie. derivative) of a triple smoothed exponential moving average. The… … Wikipedia