- Medical cybernetics
Medical Cybernetics is a branch of cybernetics which has been heavily affected by the development of the computer, which applies the concepts of cybernetics to medical research and practice. It covers an emerging working program for the application of systems- and communication theory, connectionism and decision theory on biomedical research and health related questions.
Medical Cybernetics searches for quantitative descriptions of biological dynamics. It investigates intercausal networks in human biology, medical decision making and information processing structures in the living organism.
Topics in Medical cybernetics:
- Systems Theory in medical sciences: The scope of systems theory in the medical sciences is searching for and modelling of physiological dynamics in the intact and diseased organism to gain deeper insights into the organizational principles of life and its perturbations.
- Medical information and Communication Theory: Motivated by the awareness of information as an essential principle of life the application of communication theory to biomedicine aims to mathematically describe signalling processes and information storage in different physiological layers.
- Connectionism: Connectionistic models describe information processing in neural networks - thus forming a bridge between biological and technological research.
- Medical Decision Theory (MDT): The Goal of MDT is to gather evidence based foundations for decision making in the clinical setting.
- V.V. Parin (1959), "Introduction to medical Cybernetics" in NASA Technical Translation no.F-459-F-462, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, 1959.
- C.A. Muses (1965). "Aspects of some crucial problems in biological and medical cybernetics". In: Progress in biocybernetics, 1965.
- Institute for Medical Cybernetics and Artificial Intelligence, Medical University Vienna, Austria
- Medical Cybernetics in the Open Encyclopedia Project
- Portal Server Medizinische Kybernetik | Medical Cybernetics
- UCLA Biocybernetics Laboratory, Los Angeles, Ca, USA
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cybernetics — For other uses, see Cybernetics (disambiguation). Cybernetics is the interdisciplinary study of the structure of regulatory systems. Cybernetics is closely related to information theory, control theory and systems theory, at least in its first… … Wikipedia
Cybernetics Society — The Cybernetics Society is the UK based learned society that exists to promote the understanding of cybernetics. The core activity of the Cybernetics Society is the organization and facilitation of scientific meetings, conferences, and social… … Wikipedia
New Cybernetics — See also New Cybernetics (Gordon Pask). New Cybernetics is a study of self organizing systems according to Peter Harries Jones (1988), looking beyond the issues of the first , old or original cybernetics and their politics and sciences of control … Wikipedia
Second-order cybernetics — Second order cybernetics, also known as the cybernetics of cybernetics, investigates the construction of models of cybernetic systems. It investigates cybernetics with awareness that the investigators are part of the system, and of the importance … Wikipedia
Neuro cybernetics — In the physical sciences, neuro cybernetics is the study of communication and automatic control systems in mutual relation to machines and living organisms. The underlying mathematical descriptions are control theory, extended for complex systems … Wikipedia
Biomedical cybernetics — deals with investigating signal processing, decision making and control structures in living organisms. Applications of this research field are in biology, ecology and health sciences.Fields* Biological cybernetics * Medical cyberneticsMethods*… … Wikipedia
Siberian State Medical University — Infobox University name=Siberian State Medical University native name= ru. Сибирский государственный медицинский университет established=1888 motto= rector=Vyacheslav Novitsky students= faculty= city=Tomsk country=Russia website= [http://www.ssmu … Wikipedia
Neurocybernetics — For other uses, see Neural Engineering. In the physical sciences, neurocybernetics is the study of communication and automatic control systems in mutual relation to machines and living organisms. The underlying mathematical descriptions are… … Wikipedia
Outline of science — The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to science: Science – in the broadest sense refers to any system of objective knowledge. In a more restricted sense, science refers to a system of acquiring knowledge based on… … Wikipedia
Geoffrey Vickers — Sir Charles Geoffrey Vickers Geoffrey Vickers in 1973 Born 13 October 1894 N … Wikipedia