DWLL (Mellow 947) City of license Mandaluyong City Broadcast area Metro Manila Branding Mellow 94.7 Slogan "Sounds Good" Frequency 94.7 MHz First air date February 23, 1973 Format Adult Contemporary Power 25,000 watts ERP 72,620 watts Callsign meaning DW
Owner FBS Radio Network Inc. Sister stations DWBL 1242 Website www.mellow947.fm
The station began broadcasts in 1973 (when the Philippines was under Martial Law) as DWLL-FM, The Mellow Touch, one of the pioneer FM stations that did not have live announcers and music DJs in their programming. The station relied entirely on the pre-recorded voice-over of retired former DWBL disc jockey Butch Gonzales to bridge segues between songs. Butch Gonzales' taped voice-over also served the purpose of an occasional time-check, usually at the "Top" and "Bottom" of certain hours of each day. Butch Gonzales' voice also became the Mellow Touch's signature voice, as he softly reminded the loyal listeners of tunes for "a bike ride along the boulevard", every hour as the Station ID jingle plays. The sound of his voice instantly translates to soft sentimental music that was clearly associated with the Mellow music of this FM station at the time.
Mellow Touch's predominantly easy listening format continued, gradually increasing pace and energy with the restoration of democratic rule in 1986, until just over 5 years ago, it started to accommodate on-air jocks and began to play largely pop alternative songs in-between the standard love songs. Today, to emphasize this shift in programming, it has changed their station title to just plain Mellow 947 ("ninety-four-seven"). Its programs now generally aim to bring out the mellow side of pop-alternative and light rock music fans.
- Alex (Weekends, The Twist, 2-5pm)
- Andie (Weekends, AK947, 10am-2pm (Sundays), 9am-12nn (Saturdays)
- Angel (Weekdays, Office Radio, 10am-2pm)
- Chloe (Weekdays, C&C Music Factory, 4-8pm)
- Chris (Weekdays, C&C Music Factory, 4-8pm)
- Ingrid (Weekdays, Office Radio & Afternoon Cruise, 12nn-4pm)
- Indi (Weeknights, Mellow Nights, 8pm-12mn)
- Jaybee (Weekends, Easy Access, 5-8pm)
- Kage (Weekends, The Twist, 2-5pm)
- Kyle (Weekends, AK947, 10am-2pm (Sundays), 9am-12nn (Saturdays)
- Marco (Weeknights, Mellow Nights, 8pm-12mn)
- Nina (Weekends, Girl Talk, 8pm-12mn)
- Nova (Weekends, Girl Talk, 8pm-12mn)
- Shayla (Weekends, Easy Access, 8pm-12mn)
- Stan (Weekends, The Morning After, 6-9am (Saturdays), 6-10am (Sundays)
- Tracy (Weekdays, The Wake Up Show, 6-10am)
- Vince G. (Weekdays, The Wake Up Show, 6-10am)
Former Air Staff
- Mike Enriquez
- Ryu (Reuben Uy; now in Theater)
- Issa (Issa Perez de Tagle; myx VJ Search 2010 candidate)
- D (still on maternity leave)
- Neoli (Neoli Lim)
- Guji (Guji Lorenzana)
- Moxx (Moxx De Vera)
- Tedd Bear (Renzie Baluyut)
- The Holy Rosary - Everyday 4:30am-5am.
- The Wake Up Show (The Happiest Show on Radio) with Vince & Tracy - Weekdays 6am-10am.
- Easy Reading (Sponsored by National Bookstore) - 9-9:30am.
- Office Radio - Weekdays 10am-2pm.
- Monday Starters
- Tuesday Fiber
- Office Talk Wednesday & Thursday
- Office Outing - Travelspot Friday
- Afternoon Cruise - Weekdays 2pm-4pm.
- Health Day Monday
- Thankful Tuesday
- Stage 1 Wednesday
- Life Lessons Thursday
- Movie Day Friday
- C&C Music Factory - Weekdays 4pm-8pm.
- Scoop of the Hour
- Choosy Tuesday
- Desert Island Discs - Wednesday 6pm-7pm.
- Midweek Melee Thursday
- 10 Strong - Friday 6-7pm.
- Movies to Watch - Friday 7-8pm.
- Famous Birthdays - last part.
- Mellow Nights - Weekdays 8pm-12mn
- Quickfix - Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9pm-10pm.
- Dreamcatcher - Monday 10pm-12mn.
- Secret Tuesdays
- Whatever Wednesday
- Relationships Thursday
- Freaky Friday
- The Morning After - 6-9 AM (Saturdays), 6-10 AM (Sundays)
- AK947 - Weekends 9am-12nn.
- School Of Jocks - Saturday 12pm-2pm.
- The Twist with Alex & Kage - Weekends 2pm-5pm.
- Easy Access - Weekends 5pm-8pm.
- Girl Talk - Weekends 8pm-12mn.
- Small Talk
- New Word for the New World - Saturday 8pm-9pm.
- Just So You Know - Saturday 9pm-10pm.
- The Naked Truth - Saturday 10pm-11pm.
- Chow Time - Sunday 8pm-9pm.
- The Week That Was - Sunday 10pm-11pm.
- Decade - 90's music, Saturday 6am-6pm.
- TOTC: Turn of the Century - Early 2000s music, Sunday 6am-6pm.
- American Idol Recap - Updates of American Idol, part of Girl Talk.
- Sunday in Time - 70s & 80s music, replaced by TOTC when management decided to target an increasingly younger audience.
FBS radio stations
Branding Callsign Frequency Power Location DWBL 1242 DWBL 1242 kHz 20 Kw Metro Manila Mellow 947 DWLL 94.7 MHz 25 Kw Metro Manila Mellow 887 DYKU 88.7 MHz 10 Kw Iloilo City Mellow 957 DXBL 95.7 MHz 10 Kw Cagayan de Oro Mellow 947 Davao DXLL 94.7 MHz 20 Kw Davao City FBS Radio Network Inc. Metro Manila stationsDWBL 1242 · Mellow 947 Provincial stations Radio stations in Mega Manila, Philippines By AM frequency By FM frequency By callsignDWAD · DWAN · DWAV · DWBC · DWBL · DWBM · DWBR · DWDD · DWDM-FM · DWET-FM · DWFM · DWGI¹ · DWIZ · DWJM · DZJV² · DWKC-FM · DWKX · DWKY · DWLA · DWLL · DWLS · DWNU · DWQZ · DWRK · DWRR-FM · DWRT-FM · DWRX · DWSM · DWSS · DWTM · DWWW · DWXI · DWYS · DZAR · DZAS · DZBB · DZBF · DZCA¹ · DZEC · DZEM · DZFE · DZHH¹ · DZIQ · DZMB · DZMC · DZME · DZMM · DZRB-AM · DZRH · DZRJ-AM · DZRJ-FM · DZRM · DZRV · DZSR · DZTV-AM · DZUP · DZUR · DZXL · DZXQ¹ Defunct callsigns¹Inactive.
²Broadcasting from nearby Metro Manila.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Mega Manila — Location of Mega Manila within the Philippines: Red and maroon for the Philippine Information office, while maroon for AGB Nielsen. Mega Manila is the term used for the regions of Central Luzon, CALABARZON, MIMAROPA and Metro Manila. It is… … Wikipedia
DWBL — City of license Mandaluyong City Broadcast area Metro Manila Branding DWBL … Wikipedia
DZMM — ABS CBN DZMM Radyo Patrol 630 City of license Quezon City Broadcast area Metro Manila Branding ABS CBN DZMM Radyo Patrol 630 … Wikipedia
DWRR-FM — This article is about a radio station in Philippines. For the computer scheduling algorithm, see DWRR. ABS CBN DWRR FM (Tambayan 101.9) City of license Quezon City Broadcast area Metro Manila … Wikipedia
DZRH — This article is about the radio station. For the defunct TV station, see DZRH TV. DZRH Nationwide City of license Pasay Broadcast area Metro Manila B … Wikipedia
DZRJ-AM — DZRJ 810 AM City of license Makati City Broadcast area Metro Manila Branding DZRJ 810 AM The Voice of the Philippines Slogan Real … Wikipedia
DWIZ — City of license Pasig City Broadcast area Metro Manila Branding DWIZ 882 kHz Slogan T … Wikipedia
DWLS — For the Chicago based FM station, see WLS FM. DWLS (Barangay LS 97.1) City of license Quezon City Broadcast area Mega Manila Br … Wikipedia
DWRK — For the defunct radio station with the same callsign that operated under the brand 96.3 WRock between 1988 and 2008, see WRocK Online. DWRK (96.3 Easy Rock) Broadcast area Metro Manila Branding 96.3 Easy Rock … Wikipedia
DWQZ — (97dot9 Home Radio) City of license Pasig City Broadcast area Mega Manila Branding 97dot9 Home Radio Slogan Like It Easy … Wikipedia