Normality may refer to:
- The property of conforming to a norm; see normality (behavior), assimilation (sociology)
- Normality (medicine) The state of dynamic equilibrium between all the bio-psycho-social parameters of the individual and the surrounding bio-psycho-social environment. (Anatoly Kreinin, 2011).
- Normality (chemistry), a quantity related to molar concentration
- Normal number, in mathematics, a real number whose digits show a random distribution with all digits being equally likely
- Surface normal, in mathematics, a line perpendicular to a surface
- Sampled from a normal distribution, in probability theory and statistics
- Normal subgroup, in mathematics, a subgroup closed under conjugation
- Normality (video game), a 1996 adventure video game by Gremlin Interactive
- Normalcy, an American political neologism
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
normality — normality, normalcy In BrE normality is the usual word, and normalcy is regarded with disfavour although both words date from about the same time (mid 19c): • The morning passed slowly, uneventfully, and with a beguiling normality Anita Brookner … Modern English usage
normality — or*mal i*ty n. 1. Conformity with the norm; the state of being normal; the normal condition. Syn: normalcy. [WordNet 1.5] … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
normality — index competence (sanity), sanity Burton s Legal Thesaurus. William C. Burton. 2006 … Law dictionary
normality — (n.) 1849, from NORMAL (Cf. normal) + ITY (Cf. ity). Perhaps influenced by Fr. normalité (1834) … Etymology dictionary
normality — (also normalcy esp. in AmE) noun VERB + NORMALITY/NORMALCY ▪ restore, return to PHRASES ▪ a return to normality ▪ A complete return to normality may take weeks. ▪ … Collocations dictionary
Normality — (Roget s Thesaurus) < N PARAG:Normality >N GRP: N 1 Sgm: N 1 normality normality normalcy normalness Sgm: N 1 familiarity familiarity naturalness Sgm: N 1 commonness commonness =>(frequency) ???>136 Sgm: N 1 rule … English dictionary for students
normality — nor|mal|i|ty [no:ˈmælıti US no:r ] n also nor|mal|cy [ˈno:məlsi US ˈno:r ] AmE [U] a situation in which things happen in the usual or expected way ▪ We re hoping for a return to normality as soon as possible. ▪ We ll soon get back to some… … Dictionary of contemporary English
normality — [[t]nɔː(r)mæ̱lɪti[/t]] N UNCOUNT: oft N of n Normality is a situation in which everything is normal. A semblance of normality has returned with people going to work and shops re opening … English dictionary
normality — also nor.mal.cy, AmE noun (U) a situation in which things happen in the usual or expected way: a return to normality | a comforting sense of normality … Longman dictionary of contemporary English
normality — noun a) The state of being normal or usual; normalcy. Jessie was going to wear pants to school, but her brother persuaded her to wear shorts to preserve normality. b) The concentration of a solution expressed in gram equivalent weights of solute… … Wiktionary