- Tikhomirov Scientific Research Institute of Instrument Design
V.V. Tikhomirov Scientific Research Institute of Instrument Design Type Joint stock company Industry radiotechnics Founded 1955 Headquarters Zhukovsky, Russia Products Radar seekers, Phased Array Antennas and Aircraft Weapon Control Systems, Medium Range Air Defense Missile Systems, Radar Control Systems Parent part of Almaz-Antey holding Website NIIP official site
JSC V.V. Tikhomirov Scientific Research Institute of Instrument Design (Russian: ОАО «Научно-исследовательский институт приборостроения имени В.В.Тихомирова», Russian: НИИП, NIIP) is a joint stock company, one of the major Russian enterprises in the development of weaponry control systems for fighter planes and mobile medium range anti-aircraft SAM defense vehicles.
The institute was created on March 1, 1955 as a branch of the Moscow NII-17 by the Ministry of Aircraft Industry of the USSR Council of Ministers (Resolution No. 2436-1005, September 18, 1954). In February 1956, the NII-17 branch was reorganized into an independent enterprise, commonly known as Scientific Research Institute for Instrumentation, or NIIP.
At present, NIIP is a modern technically equipped enterprise with a developed industrial and economic infrastructure. The total area occupied by the Institute is 42000 square meters.
Products and developments
Radar Control Systems
- N007 Zaslon complex for MiG-31
Medium Range Air Defense Missile Systems
- 3M9 Kub (SA-6 "Gainful"), 1958-1967 (Kvadrat export version, NATO codename SA-6)
- Kub-M1 through Kub-M4 modifications
- Buk missile system (SA-11 "Gadfly")
- Buk-M2E, recent export version of Buk ADM series featured at 2007 MAKS Airshow
- Ural (unfinished)
Aircraft Weapon Control Systems
- MiG-31 AWCS was the first that introduces an electronically scanned phased array antenna (in Soviet Army since 1981)
- SUV-27 (Russian: СУВ-27) AWCS for Su-27 and MiG-29, Su-30, Su-33, Su-35 and their modifications (developing process started in 1978)
- RLSU-27 (Russian: РЛСУ-27) AWCS for Su-27M is a multirole DSP radiolocator based on a slot antenna (developing process started in 1982)
- Radiolocator Targeting Complex Osa - Russian: РЛПК «Оса») - an AWCS for the light fighter jets like MiG-21, MiG-29, MiG-AT
Phased Array Antennas
- Pero passive phased array with electronic beam scanning
- Bars, Irbis, a new generation passive phased array antennas
- Epolet-A, an X-band active phased array antenna (currently on a prototype stage)
- N001 radar
- an automated control, diagnostics and traffic safety system, universal control panel for Yauza and Rusich underground trains and passenger train cars
- Delta-Geon, a seismic signals registrator
- various OKO geological devices
- an explosives detector for checking baggage and carry-on luggage (capable of detecting substances such as RDX, HMX).
- HYDRA interferometric side-scan sonar
- March 1, 1955 - 1962 - Viktor Vasilievitch Tikhomirov
- 1962-1969 - Yuriy Nikolaevitch Figurovsky, Full Doctor of engineering, Professor, Laureate of the Lenin award, Hero of Socialist Labour;
- 1969-1973 - Sergey Afanasievitch Pecherin, holder of the Lenin award and two orders of the Red Banner of Labour;
- 1973-1978 - Viktor Konstantinovitch Grishin, Full Doctor of engineering, Professor, Laureate of the Lenin and State awards, Hero of the Socialist Labour, academician of the International Academy of Informatization;
- 1978-1998 - Valentin Vasilievitch Matyashev, Ph.D., Professor, Laureate of the Lenin and State awards, academician of the International Academy of Informatization.
- since 1998 - Yuriy Ivanovitch Beliy, member of the Scientific Technical Council of the National Association of aircraft and instrument design, "Honorary radio operator", "Honorary aircraft producer", member of the Scientific Technical Council of the Russian Control Systems Agency, member of the Scientific Technical Council of Rosoboronexport.
- Ardalion Rastov, Chief designer of both Kub and Buk self-propelled missile launchers
- Yevgeny Pigin
- NIIP official site
- V.V. Tikhomirov Instrument Research and Development Institute, "The Golden Book of Moscow Business. The Year 2003"
SAM and AAW firing unitsHead developers: Almaz · NIEMI · NIIRP · MNIIRE Altair · NIIP · MKB Fakel · Novator
Second level developers: KB Kuntsevo · MNII Agate · KB SM · OKB Soyuz
Head manufacturers: MMZ · RATEP · IEMZ Kupol · UMZ · VMP Aviatek · MMZ Avangard · DNPP · MZiK
Second level manufacturers: NPO MRTZ · NMZ · ZRTO · RZKZ · GOZ · Arsenal Plant · Novator Plant · VEMZ
Reconnaissance and informational unitsHead developers: NPO LEMZ OKB (formely KB Lira) · VNIIRT · NIIIP · VNIIRA · NPO Strela · PKB
Head manufacturers: MMZ · MZRIP · NPO LEMZ · PZRA
Control and communication unitsHead developers: MNIIPA
Head manufacturers: UPO Vector
Sales and after-sales serviceGCPO Granit, RPTP Granit, VOP Granit Civilian productsTorgmash · Holodmash · Electroautomatika · Mariholodmash
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Tikhomirov — may refer to: Tikhomirov (crater), a crater on the Moon Tikhomirov Scientific Research Institute of Instrument Design Tikhomirov (surname), people with the surname Tikhomirov This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title … Wikipedia
Viktor Tikhomirov — Viktor Vasilievitch Tikhomirov ( ru. Виктор Васильевич Тихомиров, December 10 (O.S. 23) 1912, Kineshma, currently in Ivanovo Oblast, Russian Empire 1985, USSR) was the Soviet scientist in the field of radioelectronics and automation,… … Wikipedia
Sukhoi Su-30MKK — Infobox Aircraft name=Su 30MKK caption= Venezuelan Su 30MK2 type= Multirole Fighter, Strike fighter, Heavy class fighter manufacturer=KnAAPO designer=Sukhoi first flight= introduced=December 2000 retired= status=Active service primary user=People … Wikipedia
Buk missile system — Infobox Weapon name= 9K37 Buk NATO reporting name: SA 11 Gadfly, SA 17 Grizzly caption= 9K37 Buk ready to fire origin= flagcountry|Soviet Union type= Medium range SAM system is ranged= is bladed= is explosive= is artillery= is vehicle=yes is… … Wikipedia
Sukhoi PAK FA — PAK FA PAK FA T 50 Role Stealth multirole fighter … Wikipedia
Bars radar — Bars Country of origin Russia Type Slotted Planar/PESA Frequency X band The Bars are a family of Russian (former USSR) all weather multimode airborne radars developed by the Tikhomirov Scientific Research Institute of Ins … Wikipedia
Almaz-Antey — Infobox Company name = Almaz Antey Алмаз Антей type = Open Joint Stock Company genre = foundation = 2002 founder = location city = location country = location = flagicon|RUS 41 Vereyskaya str. Moscow, Russia, 121471 [… … Wikipedia
Myech radar — Myech Country of origin Russia Type Twist cassegrain Frequency X band N 001 Myech (Russian: Меч, literally Sword) is a Russian (former USSR) all weather multimode airborne radar deve … Wikipedia
Zhukovsky (city) — Infobox Russian city EnglishName=Zhukovsky RussianName=Жуковский Skyline SkylineLegend LatDeg=55 LatMin=36 LatSec LonDeg=38 LonMin=7 LonSec LocatorMap LocatorMapLegend CityDay=Third Sunday of August FederalSubject=Moscow Oblast MunStatus=Urban… … Wikipedia
Shenyang J-11 — Infobox Aircraft name=J 11 caption= type=Multirole Air Superiority Fighter manufacturer=Shenyang Aircraft Corporation designer=Sukhoi first flight=1998 introduced=1998 retired= status=Active service primary user=People s Liberation Army Air Force … Wikipedia