- The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown
name = The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown
caption = DVD cover
director = Tom Bancroft
Sony Wonder Warner Home Video| producer = Jennifer Combs
Phil Vischer, Mike Nawrocki
Mike Nawrocki, Kurt Heinecke
September 15, 2001
runtime = 43 minutes
language = English
preceded_by = "
Lyle the Kindly Viking"
followed_by = "
Jonah Sing-Along Songs and More!"
imdb_id = 0297450
"The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown" is the 16th episode in the "
VeggieTales" animated series and the third Silly Song compilation. The premise was to count down the Top Ten Silly Songs as decided by the show's viewers. Big Idea launched a campaign to collect and tally votes from fans via mail and internet for this purpose in a date of September 15, 2001 on DVD & VHS.
This episode takes place entirely on the countertop where the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything (Pa Grape, Mr. Lunt, and
Larry the Cucumber) are hosting the show. Pa Grape informs the others that today they are going to do a little something after all, but they resist. They laze around eating Chinese food while Pa Grape introduces the "Astonishing Contraption of Silliness" ("What a lame name," says Mr. Lunt). Pa Grape pushes them into action and they feed the votes into the Contraption, which sputters and begins presenting the Top 10 Silly Songs of All Time.
The Contraption malfunctions halfway through the countdown, producing nonsense songs such as "The Dance of the Yodeling Cebu Lips" and "The Song of the Water Buffalo Who Don't Love Ceb`u with Yodeling Lips" forcing Larry and Mr. Lunt to come up with on the spot. The result, based on the text of a Chinese takeout menu, is called "Do the Moo Shoo" and is a sort of hip-hop version of Herbie Hancock's 80's break dance classic, "Rock It." Pa Grape declares that it won't make the Top Ten, and manages to fix the machine so the countdown can continue.
When the countdown gets to the top two, The Contraption announces "The Pirates Who Don't...". But Pa Grape starts acting shifty and suggests that did not collecting all the votes have been counted. He produces a big bag labeled "Official Votes" and feeds them into the machine. Larry and Mr. Lunt confront him and he confesses to rigging the election because "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" is the only song that features him. Larry and Mr. Lunt forgive him, saying that it's better than "The Forgive-O-Matic" from "
God Wants Me To Forgive Them!?!", which was a failed attempt to sell a machine that supposedly gives automatic forgiveness. The final two songs are presented and the credits on the show ends
Cast of Characters
Larry the Cucumberas Buccaneer Larry
* Mr. Lunt as Pirate Lunt
* Pa Grape as Captain Pa
This video consists of a single countertop segment which contains the "Top 10" silly songs presented by the Astonishing Contraption of Silliness. See list of songs below.
* 10. "Endangered Love", sung by Larry
* 9."The Dance of the Cucumber", sung by Larry and translated by
Bob the Tomato
* 8."Larry's High Silk Hat", sung by
Archibald Asparagusand Larry
* 7."The Water Buffalo Song", sung by Larry
* 6."The Yodeling Veterinarian of the Alps", sung by Larry, Pa Grape, the Scallions, and Franken-celery
The Song of the Cebú", sung by Larry with Jimmy and Jerry Gourd and Junior Asparagus
* Do the Moo Shoo sung by Larry and Mr. Lunt
* 4."His Cheeseburger", sung by Mr. Lunt
* 3."Love My Lips", sung by Larry with Archibald
The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything", sung by Pa Grape, Mr. Lunt, and Larry
* 1. "The Hairbrush Song", sung by Larry with Pa Grape, Junior Asparagus,
Bob the Tomato, and the Peach
* "Silly Song Remix Medley", sung by Larry and company over the closing credits
Big Idea has consistently packed the "
VeggieTales" DVDs with a variety of additional features intended to appeal to both children and adults alike. This section itemizes the content of the DVD.
* 1. Introduction
* 2. "Endangered Love" (from King George and the Ducky)
* 3. "The Dance of the Cucumber" (from Rack, Shack, & Benny)
* 4. "Larry's High Silk Hat" (from Lyle the Kindly Viking)
* 5. Technical Difficulties?!?
* 6. "The Water Buffalo Song" (from Where's God When I'm S-Scared)
* 7. "The Yodeling Veterinarian of the Alps" (from The End of Silliness?)
* 8. "The Song of the Cebu" (from Josh and the Big Wall!)
* 9. "Do the Moo Shoo"
* 10. "His Cheeseburger" (from Madame Blueberry)
* 11. "Love My Lips" (from Dave and the Giant Pickle)
* 12. Something Fishy?
* 13. The Confession!
* 14. "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" (from Very Silly Songs!)
* 15. "The Hairbrush Song" (from Are You My Neighbor?)
* 16. End Credits
Behind the Silly Scenes – Deleted Countdown Footage – Interview with Phil and Mike – MOO SHOO Karaoke – Silly Surround – Story Reel – Previews-Chapters
1. http://www.parentpreviews.com/movie-reviews/veggie-tales-the-ultimate-silly-song-2. http://www1.epinions.com/content_57579376260
* [http://www.bigidea.com Big Idea Website]
* [http://christiancartoons.blogspot.com/2007/05/veggietales-christian-animation-cg-3d.html VeggieTales] at [http://christiancartoons.blogspot.com Christian Cartoons Online]
* [http://www.darrenandchristy.com/veggie/classic/index.html Ultimate Veggie]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Silly Songs with Larry — is a regular feature in the Big Idea computer animated series VeggieTales . It generally consists of Larry the Cucumber singing either alone or with some of the other Veggie characters. Occasionally, another character or an ensemble gets the lead … Wikipedia
The Song of the Cebú — sung by Larry the Cucumber with Jimmy and Jerry Gourd and Junior Asparagus, is a VeggieTales classic silly song. Archibald Asparagus introduces the video by calling it a sequential image, stereophonic, multimedia event. Archibald Asparagus soon … Wikipedia
The End of Silliness? — Infobox Film name = Silly Sing Along 2 The End of Silliness? caption = VHS cover writer = director = distributor = Sony Wonder producer = starring = Phil Vischer, Mike Nawrocki, Lisa Vischer, Jim Poole, Mike Sage music = Phil Vischer, Mike… … Wikipedia
Moe and the Big Exit — DVD cover Directed by Brian K. Roberts Produced by … Wikipedia
Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Samson's Hairbrush — DVD cover Directed by Tim Hodge Pr … Wikipedia
Lyle the Kindly Viking — Infobox Film name = Lyle the Kindly Viking caption = DVD cover | writer = Phil Vischer, Eric Metaxas, Marc Vulcano director = Tim Hodge Marc Vulcano | distributor = Sony Wonder producer = Jennifer Combs starring = Phil Vischer, Mike Nawrocki,… … Wikipedia
Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Noah's Umbrella — DVD cover art Directed by Mike Nawrocki … Wikipedia
Dave and the Giant Pickle — DVD cover art Directed by Phil Vischer Written by … Wikipedia
Duke and the Great Pie War — Written by Jim Staahl Jim Fisher Robert G. Lee Directed by Tim Hodge Starring Phil Vischer Mike Nawrocki Cydney Trent Jacquelyn Ritz Tim Hodge Charlotte Jackson … Wikipedia
Minnesota Cuke and the Coconut Apes — North American box art. Developer(s) Big Idea Interactve … Wikipedia