- Dragon Skulle
Box art of Dragon Skulle
Developer(s) Ultimate Play the Game Publisher(s) Ultimate Play the Game Platform(s) Commodore 64 Release date(s) Christmas 1985 Genre(s) Action-adventure game Mode(s) Single-player
Dragon Skulle is a video game for the Commodore 64 developed and released by Ultimate Play The Game in late 1985. It is a sequel to The Staff of Karnath, Entombed and Blackwyche, and is the final title to feature the aristocrat adventurer, Sir Arthur Pendragon.
Typically for an Ultimate release, players are given a tantalising and cryptic introduction :
- At last my journey's end draws near, as the Isle of Dragonskulle looms closer on the horizon. My search for the evil Skull of Souls had been successful. As I approached the Isle, I felt aware of an evil so powerful that my soul seemed in peril. The Skull had become aware of my presence. Almost at once, shadowy vapours began to envelop my craft and breathe images of death into my face. The terrified screams rang through my head of those who in distant times had challenged the Skull. Their souls torn from their bodies and consumed by its fiery breath. I began to wonder what terrible creatures had been summoned by the Skull to do its bidding and protect it from the magic empowered within me.
- The vapours surrounding my craft, twisted and grew and out of them flew spirits of the undead, messengers from the Skull sent as a warning to those who would dare to challenge it.
- "Thy soul shall be taken", they said in hideous whispers which seemed to echo around in my head. I watched in horror, as they leaped and danced around me as though in jest at my plan to destroy the Skull and his evil minions. Then as quickly as they had appeared, the spirits drifted away and back into the waters from whence they came. The vapours slowly cleared and there before me lay Dragonskulle, its twisted rocks and cliffs deformed throughout an age that was older than time itself.
- A gigantic Skull carved from a mountain face leered threateningly down at me as I approached the Island's shores.
- I knew that with all the terrible power the skull possessed, this would be my greatest challenge. My destiny now lies close at hand, as the Ultimate forces of darkness and chaos gather in strength and prepare to meet their final adversary."
- ^ Outlaws / Dragon Skulle pre-release promotional brochure, published by Ultimate Play The Game in late 1985. Available to view at World of Spectrum: 
Ultimate Play The Game 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 Other games Platforms See also
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Ultimate Play the Game — Infobox Company company name = Ultimate Play The Game company company type = Video game developer (inactive) foundation = 1982 location = flagicon|UK Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire, United Kingdom key people = Tim Stamper (graphics director)… … Wikipedia
Outlaws (1985 video game) — Outlaws Developer(s) Ultimate Play The Game Publisher(s) Ultimate Play The Game Platform(s) … Wikipedia
Cookie (video game) — Cookie Cover art Developer(s) Tim and Chris Stamper Publisher(s) … Wikipedia
Cyberun — Developer(s) Disputed; see main article Publisher(s) Ultimate Play The Game Plat … Wikipedia
Mire Mare — Developer(s) Ultimate Play The Game Publisher(s) Ultimate Play The Game Mire Mare is an unreleased video game by Ultimate Play The Game. Underwurlde, the second game in the Sabreman series of titl … Wikipedia
Outlaws (C64 game) — Infobox VG| title = Outlaws developer = Ultimate Play The Game publisher = Ultimate Play The Game designer = engine = released = Christmas 1985 [ Outlaws / Dragon Skulle pre release promotional brochure, published by Ultimate Play The Game in… … Wikipedia
Martianoids — Developer(s) U.S. Gold Publisher(s) Ultimate Play The Game Platform( … Wikipedia
Tim and Chris Stamper — (artist and programmer, respectively) are the co founders of Ashby Computers Graphics (better known as Ultimate Play the Game) and later Rare. They have produced video games such as Sabre Wulf and Knight Lore for the 8 bit home computers,… … Wikipedia
Nightshade (1985 video game) — Nightshade (video game) redirects here. For the Nintendo Entertainment System game, see Nightshade (1991 video game). For the PlayStation 2 game, see Nightshade (2003 video game). Nightshade Developer(s) Tim and Chris Stamper … Wikipedia
Ultimate Play The Game — Тип частная компания Год основания 1982 Упразднена 1988 Основатели Тим Стэмпер … Википедия