- Advanced Boat Force Operations Badge
Boat Force Operations Insigniais awarded to United States Coast Guardmembers who meet the service, qualification and endorsement criteria beyond the pewter-tone insignia (or basic insignia) requirements are authorized to wear the gold- and pewter-tone insignia (or advanced insignia).
Five years of cumulative service (in a satisfactory conduct status) at Boat Force field units as defined in Commandant Instruction 1650.3 (Boat Force Operations Insignia Criteria) are required as a part of the criteria for earning the gold- and pewter-tone insignia.
* Attainment of a boat crew member qualification code (enlisted) or certification letter (officer).
* Attainment of a boarding team member or Boarding Officer qualification code (enlisted) or certification letter (officer) by completing the PQS promulgated in Boarding Officer/Boarding Team Member Personal Qualification Standard (PQS), COMDTINST M16247.3 (series). (Auxiliary members are exempt from this requirement.)
* Attainment of the Boat Force operations qualification code (enlisted) or certification letter (officer) by completing the Boat Force Operations Personnel Qualification Standard (PQS), COMDTINST M16114.30 (series). Enlisted personnel at a Station or Aids to Navigation Team in an EPO, XPO, or OIC billet will, by virtue of their successful service in these positions, have gained the knowledge and experience associated with the PQS and are therefore exempt from this requirement.
A favorable recommendation from the Operational Commander must be received in order to earn the gold- and pewter-tone insignia.
* [http://www.uscg.mil/d13/diraux/bfoi_instruction_w_signature.pdf USCG Commandant Instruction 1650.3] : Boat Force Operations Insignia Criteria
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Boat Force Operations Insignia — The Boat Force Operations Insignia is qualification badge awarded in two grades and is intended to identify those United States Coast Guard personnel currently working in the Boat Force operations field and to recognize the commitment of Coast… … Wikipedia
List of Royal Air Force Conversion Units — Royal Air Force Conversion Units Ensign of the Royal Air Force Conversion Units and Operational Conversion Units (OCU) were training units of the Royal Air Force. Contents … Wikipedia
Special Boat Service — Infobox Military Unit unit name=Special Boat Service dates=1941 present caption=Emblem and Motto of the SBS country=United Kingdom allegiance= branch=Royal Marines type= Naval Special Forces role= Special operations / Maritime Counter Terrorism… … Wikipedia
Deployable Operations Group — Seal Active July 20, 2007 Country … Wikipedia
Royal Malaysian Air Force PASKAU — Infobox Military Unit unit name=Pasukan Khas Udara caption= Official PASKAU logo dates=1 April 1980 known as HANDAU1 June 1993 PASKAU country=flagcountry|Malaysia branch=Royal Malaysian Air Force command structure=Malaysian Armed Forces type=Air… … Wikipedia
Royal New Zealand Air Force — Te Tauaarangi o Aotearoa Crest of the Royal New Zealand Air Force Founded 1913 (first military aviation) 1923 (New Zealand Permanent Air Force formed) 1 April 1937 (Independent service) … Wikipedia
Royal Air Force College Cranwell — This article is about the Royal Air Force College. For its parent unit, see RAF Cranwell. Royal Air Force College Cranwell … Wikipedia
Charles W. Bowen — MCPOCG Charles Skip W. Bowen … Wikipedia
David Pekoske — Vice Admiral David Pekoske 26th Vice Commandant of the United States Coast Guard Allegiance United States of America … Wikipedia
Thad Allen — Infobox Military Person name= Thad W. Allen born= birth date and age|1949|1|16 placeofbirth= placeofdeath= placeofburial= caption= nickname= allegiance= flagicon|United States United States of America branch= Navy USCG serviceyears= 1967 present… … Wikipedia