- Compuware World Headquarters
Compuware World Headquarters General information Type office Location One Campus Martius
Coordinates Coordinates: Construction started 2000 Completed 2003 Height Roof 232 ft (71 m) Technical details Floor count 16 (+2 underground) Floor area 1,088,000 square feet (100,000 m2) Elevator count 24 Design and construction Architect Rossetti Associates, Hamilton Anderson Associates, WET Design
Compuware World Headquarters is located at One Campus Martius, in downtown Detroit, Michigan. It began construction in 2000, and finished in 2003. It has at 18 floors in total, 16 above-ground, and 2 below-ground, and has 1,088,000 square feet (100,000 m2) of office space. The high-rise is used as an office building, a restaurant, retail space for Compuware, and has a fitness center inside, as well as an atrium.
The building was constructed in the late-modernist architectural style, using glass, granite, and limestone as its main materials. AIA Detroit's Urban Priorities Committee rated the building's entry as one of the top ten Detroit interiors.
The building sits on the Kern Block which was once home to the Kern Department store. The store had existed in some form or another on this site since 1900. The last incarnation of the store was demolished in 1966, and the area remained greenspace until 1999 when Campus Martius Park began to take shape. Compuware moved its headquarters and 4,000 employees to a newly constructed building on the site in 2003. Quicken Loans joined Compuware in moving its headquarters and 1,700 employees to the building in 2010.
The headquarters facility, completed in 2002, has 16 floors and 1,088,000 square feet (101,100 m2) of space. The headquarters facility includes an on-site daycare, a 38,000 square feet (3,500 m2) fitness center, and 55,000 square feet (5,100 m2) of retail space.
- The building's water feature was designed by WET Design, the same people who designed the fountains at Bellagio and the Winter Olympic cauldron. It features fifteen glass "kites" and, at more than 14 stories tall, represents the largest indoor, hanging water feature in the world.
- The building has 280,000 square feet (26,000 m2) of glass.
- A Hard Rock Cafe was opened in late 2003 on the dining level.
- The building has the ability to be expanded by 350,000 square feet (33,000 m2) to the north by filling in the missing "wedge" in the back of the building.
- The entire 14th floor includes an outdoor observation deck around the interior.
- Like numerous buildings in the Western world, this one does not include a labelled 13th floor.
- The top two floors, (15 and 16) house mechanical services exclusively.
- This 2,200-space parking structure stands 45-meter tall with 12-stories (2 underground floors).
- This parking structure includes over 20,600 square feet (1,910 m2) of retail and office space on its first floor, and a 2,891-square-foot (269 m2) daycare center on its second level.
- The Compuware Garage is home to the Cadillac Center Station on the Detroit People Mover route.
Compuware World Heaquarters with Michigan Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument and Woodward Fountain.
Hard Rock Cafe sign on the outside of Compuware World Headquarters for the park.
Compuware World Headquarters near Cadillac Square.
Compuware World Headquarters facing the Michigan Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument.
- ^ AIA Detroit Urban Priorities Committee, (1-10-2006).Top Ten Detroit InteriorsModel D Media
- ^ "Decade in review: Business." The Detroit News. December 31, 2009. Retrieved on January 7, 2010.
- ^ "." "The Detroit News". August 16, 2010. Retrieved on August 18, 2010.
- ^ "Corporate Headquarters." Compuware. Retrieved on January 7, 2010.
- Sharoff, Robert (2005). American City: Detroit Architecture. Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-3270-6.
- Downtown Detroit photo gallery
- Compuware official website
- Compuware World Headquarters details at Emporis.com
- Compuware Garage details at Emporis.com
- Compuware Headquarters Complex details at Emporis.com
- SkyscraperPage.com's Profile on Compuware World Headquarters
- Google Maps location of Compuware World Headquarters
Architecture of metropolitan Detroit Skyscrapers10 tallest
to 73 stories20 tallest30 tallest40 tallest50 - 195 tallest60 - 195 tallest70 - 195 tallestNew Center
to 30 storiesEast side
to 29 storiesSuburban
to 32 stories
under 10 stories
Parks and gardens Museums and librariesDetroit Institute of Arts · Detroit Public Library · Museum of African American History · Science Center · Historical Museum · Cranbrook · The Henry Ford · Meadowbrook Hall · Fair Lane · Edsel and Eleanor Ford House · Pewabic Pottery · Southfield Public Library · University of Michigan Museum of Art Religious landmarksReligious landmarks Performance centers Neighborhood
Historic DistrictsSee also: List of tallest buildings in Detroit
City of Detroit
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Compuware — Corporation Type Public Traded as NASDAQ: CPWR … Wikipedia
Chrysler Headquarters and Technology Center — General information … Wikipedia
Downtown Detroit — Neighborhood of Detroit Jefferson Avenue in front of the Renaissance Center … Wikipedia
Economy of metropolitan Detroit — The Renaissance Center is the world headquarters of General Motors. The economy of metropolitan Detroit, Michigan, is a key pillar of the economy of the United States. Its ten county area has a population of over 5.3 million, a workforce of 2.6… … Wikipedia
Architecture of metropolitan Detroit — One Detroit Center by John Burgee and Philip C. Johnson. The architecture of metropolitan Detroit, Michigan continues to attract the attention of architects and preservationists alike. … Wikipedia
Detroit, Michigan — Infobox Settlement name = Detroit official name = The City of Detroit settlement type = City nickname = The Motor City, Motown, Hockeytown, Rock City, The D motto = Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus (Latin for, We Hope For Better Things; It… … Wikipedia
Detroit — Motor City redirects here. For other uses, see Motor City (disambiguation). This article is about the city in Michigan. For other uses, see Detroit (disambiguation). Detroit … Wikipedia
Covisint — Type a Compuware Company Industry Health care Automotive Public sector Founded 2000 Headquarters Detroit, Michigan, USA Key people … Wikipedia
Michigan Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument — U.S. National Register of Historic Places … Wikipedia
One Kennedy Square — General information Type office Location 777 Woodward Avenue Detroit, Michigan … Wikipedia