Redemption may refer to:
Redemption value, price of a security before its maturity date
* Redemption, a concept referring to forgiveness or absolution for past sins and/or protection from damnation
* In Judaism,
Pidyon HaBen– Redemption of the firstborn son
* In Christianity,
salvationthrough the payment of a formal obligation by the death of Jesus Christ
The Shawshank Redemption", written by Stephen King
* "Redemption" (2004 film) by Jose Garofalo
* "Redemption" (2002 film) by Art Camacho
* "", a 2004 television movie
Salvation Films- the distibutors of Redemption brand films
Headhunter Redemption", the sequel to the Dreamcast and PlayStation 2 game "Headhunter"
* "Redemption" (card game), a collectible card game published by Cactus Game Design
Redemption game", a type of arcade game that rewards the player according to their game score
* "", a video game based on the Terminator series
* "", a PC RPG released on June 7, 2000 by Activision
* "Redemption" (1990 novel), Tariq Ali's debut
* "Redemption" (Angel novel) by Mel Odom
* "Redemption" (novel) by Leon Uris
* "Redemption" (play) by Leo Tolstoy
* "Redemption" (1999 novel) by Howard Fast
* "Redemption", a Dragonlance novel by Jean Rabe
Redemption (band), a progressive/heavy metal band
* [Redenzion (Redemption), a Christian tex-mex/rock band from Atlanta Georgia
Redemption 87, a hardcore punk band
Mikkei Redemption, a hardcore punk guitarist
* "Redemption" (Benzino album)
* "Redemption" (Vomitory album), an album by metal band Vomitory
* "Redemption", an album by hip hop duo GRITS
* "Redemption" (song) by Gackt, featured in the game "Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII"
* "The Redemption", an oratorio by
* "Redemption", the sixth track off of album
The Beautiful Letdownby Switchfoot
* "Redemption", the opening theme song for the film
Redemption Songby Bob Marley
Redemption (Brandy album)
* "Redemption" (Stargate SG-1), a two-part episode of "Stargate SG-1"
* "Redemption" (TNG episode), a two-part episode of "Star Trek: The Next Generation"
* "Redemption" (Hercules episode), a fifth season episode of the fantasy television series ""
Redemption (United States history), the establishment of white Democratic, one-party rule in the U.S. South following Reconstruction
Redemption movement, a tax protester conspiracy theory promoted by Roger Elvick
* [http://www.redemptionwines.com Wines of Redemption] , a collaborative artistic endeavor expressing varietal characteristic of Pinot Noir from various appellations of California, adorned with illustrator's original interpretation of Redemption.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
REDEMPTION — REDEMPTION, salvation from the states or circumstances that destroy the value of human existence or human existence itself. The word redeemer and its related terms redeem and redemption appear in the Bible some 130 times and are derived from two… … Encyclopedia of Judaism
Redemption — • The restoration of man from the bondage of sin to the liberty of the children of God through the satisfactions and merits of Christ Catholic Encyclopedia. Kevin Knight. 2006. Redemption Redemption … Catholic encyclopedia
rédemption — [ redɑ̃psjɔ̃ ] n. f. • 980; lat. ecclés. redemptio, de redimere « racheter » → rançon 1 ♦ Relig. chrét. Rachat du genre humain par le Christ, rédempteur des hommes. ⇒ rachat, salut. Le mystère de la Rédemption. Cour. Action, fait de racheter qqn … Encyclopédie Universelle
Redemption — Rédemption (homonymie) Cette page d’homonymie répertorie les différents sujets et articles partageant un même nom. Sommaire 1 Religion 2 Cinéma 3 … Wikipédia en Français
Redemption — (engl.) oder Rédemption (franz.), zu deutsch „Erlösung“ ist Titel bzw. Titelbestandteil: des Poème Symhonique „Rédemption“ des französischen Komponisten César Franck eines Reggae Songs von Bob Marley the Wailers, siehe Redemption Song eines… … Deutsch Wikipedia
redemption — re·demp·tion /ri demp shən/ n: the act, process, or fact of redeeming see also equity of redemption, right of redemption re·demp·tive / demp tiv/ adj Merriam Webster’s Dicti … Law dictionary
redemption — Redemption. s. f. v. Rachat. Ce terme est consacré, pour signifier, Le rachat du genre humain par Nostre Seigneur Jesus Christ. Dieu a envoyé icy bas son fils pour la redemption des hommes, pour nostre redemption. le Fils de Dieu a operé nostre… … Dictionnaire de l'Académie française
Redemption 87 — was a short lived East Bay hardcore punk band containing ex members of Unit Pride, Skankin Pickle, and Token Entry, and contained future members of AFI and the Nerve Agents.Their goal was to reclaim hardcore from the crossover heavy metal music… … Wikipedia
redemption — Buying back. (Dictionary of Canadian Bankruptcy Terms) United Glossary of Bankruptcy Terms 2012 … Glossary of Bankruptcy
redemption — (n.) mid 14c., deliverance from sin, from L. redemptionem (nom. redemptio) a buying back, releasing, ransoming, noun of action from pp. stem of redimere to redeem, buy back, from re back (see RE (Cf. re )) + emere to take, buy, gain, procure (see … Etymology dictionary