- John Barnes (footballer)
* 1987/88 League Championship (Division 1)
* 1989/90 League Championship (Division 1)
* 1994/95 League Cup
* 1983-1995 79 caps 12 goals
*Inducted into the
English Football Hall of Fame, 2005
John was first married to and subsequently divorced Suzy and they have two sons and two daughters: Jamie, Jordan, Jemma and Jasmin. John's second wife is called Andrea and they have two daughters: Isabella and Tia.
With fellow former footballers
Les Ferdinandand Luther Blissett, he has founded Team48 Motorsport, a team aiming to promote young racing drivers of Afro-Caribbean background. For 2008 they enter the British Touring Car Championship, running Alfa Romeos for white Jamaican Matthew Goreand 18-year-old black Briton Darelle Wilson.
In 1992 Krisalis released
John Barnes European Footballfor 16-bithome computers
* Barnes appeared on the 1990 England World Cup theme song
World in Motionby New Order. This was a couple of years after he had been the most memorable 'rapper' in Liverpool's song released for their FA Cupfinal with Wimbledon FC, in 1988.
* His lines in
World in Motionwere:
"You got to hold and give,
But do it at the right time,
You can be slow or fast,
But you must get to the line.
They'll always hit you, and hurt you,
Defend and attack,
There's only one way to beat them,
Get round the back.
Catch me if you can,
Cos I'm the England Man
And what you're looking at,
Is the master plan.
We ain't no hooligans,
This ain't a football song.
Three lions on my chest,
I know we can't go wrong"
* A film about Barnes' career was made in 1998, broadcast on
BBC's The A - Force, it was produced and directed by Pogus Caesara respected producer and director of multi cultural TV programmes.
* Barnes visited Tanzania alongside Warren Barton and Les Ferdinand in January 2007 and played for youth side in Dar es salaam against other local clubs.
* Barnes played for the Liverpool XI against the Rock XI in Gibraltar in October 2006. He is set to play for the England XI against the Rock XI again on June 11th.
* [http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/past_players/players/barnes/ Official past players at Liverpoolfc.tv]
* [http://radioblogclub.com/open/88863/world_in_motion/New%20Order%20-%20World%20in%20Motion%20-%20Singing%20for%20England World in motion]
* [http://lfchistory.net/player_profile.asp?player_id=261 Player profile at LFChistory.net]
* [http://www.englandfanzine.co.uk/teams/results_players.asp John Barnes England appearances at Englandfanzine.co.uk]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
John Barnes — may refer to:portsmen* John Barnes (Australian rules footballer) (born 1969), Australian Rules football player * John Barnes (baseball) (born 1976), former Major League Baseball player * John Barnes (cricketer) (1916 ndash;1943), Irish cricketer… … Wikipedia
John Barnes (footballeur) — Pour les articles homonymes, voir John Barnes et Barnes. John Barnes … Wikipédia en Français
John Barnes (Australian rules footballer) — Infobox afl player NEW playername = John Barnes fullname = John Barnes birthdate = Birth date and age|1969|6|1|df=y birthplace = originalteam = Cobram draftpick = heightweight = 193cm / 95kg position = dead = alive deathdate = deathplace =… … Wikipedia
Ken Barnes (footballer) — Football player infobox playername = Ken Barnes fullname = Kenneth Herbert Barnes dateofbirth = birth date|1929|3|16|df=y cityofbirth = Birmingham countryofbirth = England dateofdeath = cityofdeath = countryofdeath = position = Wing half… … Wikipedia
Paul Barnes (footballer) — Football player infobox playername = Paul Barnes fullname = Paul Lance Barnes dateofbirth = birth date and age|1967|11|16 cityofbirth = Leicester countryofbirth = England currentclub = Retired clubnumber = position = Striker years = 1985 1990… … Wikipedia
Jack Barnes (footballer) — Infobox afl player | firstname = Jack lastname = Barnes birthdate = 20 May 1905 birthplace = originalteam = heightweight = 185 cm / 87 kg dead = deathdate = 6 October 1999 deathplace = Williamstown debutdate = Round 7, 1925 debutteam = South… … Wikipedia
John Wark — à Ålesund en 2006 … Wikipédia en Français
John Aldridge — Football player infobox playername = John Aldridge fullname = John William Aldridge nickname = Aldo dateofbirth = birth date and age|1958|09|18 cityofbirth = Liverpool countryofbirth = England height = currentclub = position = Striker youthyears … Wikipedia
Barnes (name) — Barnes is an Anglo Saxon surname [cite web |url=http://www.surnamedb.com/surname.aspx?name=Barnes |title=Surnames: Barnes |accessdate=2008 04 21 |publisher=surnamedb.com] and rare given name. It may refer to: Surname *Barnes, Albert (1798 1870),… … Wikipedia
John Charles Clegg — Sir John Charles Clegg (15 June 1850 26 June 1937), better known as Charles Clegg, was an English footballer and later both chairman and president of the Football Association. He was born in Sheffield and lived there his whole life. He competed… … Wikipedia