Congo, Kongo, or Kongō may refer to:
(Primarily from Kingdom of Kongo and related African names, also Japanese 金剛 Kongō, indestructible.)
- Democratic Republic of the Congo (Congo-Kinshasa)
- Republic of the Congo (Congo-Brazzaville)
- Congo River, African river also known as Zaire River
- Congo Basin, drainage for the Congo River in west equatorial Africa
- Kingdom of Kongo (1400–1914), covering parts of present-day Angola and the two Congo states
- Kongo dia Nlaza (until late in the 16th century), a former kingdom absorbed by the Kingdom of Kongo
- Portuguese Congo, now the Angolan exclave of Cabinda
- M'banza-Kongo, capital of Angola's northwestern Zaire province
- Kongo Central, former Bas-Congo province, in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Congo Village, part of the city Diego Martin in Trinidad
- Congo, West Virginia, USA oioi
- Congo, Paraíba, Brazil
- Congo Town, the Bahamas
Languages and ethnic groups
- Kongo people (Congolese), an ethnic group in the two Congo states and Angola
- Kongo language, language spoken by above ethnic group.
Entertainment and media
- Congo River, Beyond Darkness, 2005 film by Thierry Michel
- A Daughter of the Congo, 1930 film by Oscar Micheaux
- King of the Congo, 1952 film serial by Columbia Pictures
- The King of the Kongo, 1929 film serial by Mascot Pictures
- Congo (BBC TV series), a 2001 BBC documentary film
- Kongo (1932 film), starring Walter Huston, Lupe Velez, and Conrad Nagel
- The Congos, a reggae vocal group from Jamaica, formed in the mid-1970s
- Kongō (Noh school), one of the five schools of Noh acting
- Congo (novel), a novel by Michael Crichton
- Congo (film), a 1995 film based on Michael Crichton's novel
- King Leopold's Ghost, a journalist's historical account of Leopold's Congo, by Adam Hochschild
- Kongō Masahiro (born 1948), former sumo wrestler
- John Kongos (born 1945), South African musician, leader of the band "Johnny Kongos and the G-Men"
- Kid Congo Powers (born 1960), guitarist
- Louis Congo (fl. 1725), emancipated slave appointed public executioner of Louisiana
- Cheick Kongo (born 1975), aka Cheick Guillaume Ouedraogo, French mixed martial arts fighter and kickboxer
- HMS Congo (1816), first steamship for the Royal Navy, United Kingdom
Japanese battleships sometimes use the name Indestructible (金剛 Kongō ):
- Japanese corvette Kongō (launched 1877)
- Japanese battleship Kongō (launched 1912)
- JDS Kongō (DDG-173) (launched 1991), Japanese destroyer
- Kongō-class destroyer, any of four modern Japanese warships (launched 1991–96), including JDS Kongō
- Congo (loa), a spirit in Haitian voodoo mythology
- The Conference of NGOs (CONGO), a worldwide group of charity and aid organizations
- Yawara (Kong), a martial arts weaponry
- Congo (chimpanzee)
- Vajra, Buddhist concept, called 金剛 Kongō in Japanese
- Conga (disambiguation)
- Congo craton, one of the cratons making the African continental crust
- Kakongo, former kingdom
- All pages beginning with "Congo"
- All pages with titles containing "Congo"
- All pages beginning with "Kongo"
- All pages with titles containing "Kongo"
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Congo — • An account written before the annexation of the state by the Belgian government Catholic Encyclopedia. Kevin Knight. 2006. Congo Congo † … Catholic encyclopedia
congo — (le) fl. d Afrique équatoriale (4 640 km), le deuxième du monde par l étendue de son bassin (3 800 000 km²) et par son débit; à l embouchure, celui ci excède en moyenne les 42 000 m³ par seconde. Le Congo ne quitte pas le territoire de la rép.… … Encyclopédie Universelle
Congo — el término puede referirse a: Contenido 1 Lugares 2 Otros lugares 3 Cultura, Baile y Música 4 Además … Wikipedia Español
Congo — Congo is the name of two countries located on either side of the Congo River in Central Africa, the Republic of the Congo being a former French colony, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, a former Belgian colony. The Roman Catholic Church… … Encyclopedia of Protestantism
Congo — ist der Name von: Congo (Paraíba), einer Gemeinde im brasilianischen Bundesstaat Paraíba Congo (Buch), einem Buch von Michael Crichton aus dem Jahr 1980 Congo (Film), einem darauf basierenden Film aus dem Jahr 1995 Congo (Spiel), einem an diesen… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Congo — the Congo the second longest African river, which flows through both the Republic of Congo and the Democratic Republic of Congo Congo 2 Con|go, Democratic Republic of a very large country in central Africa, which was called Zaïre between 1971 and … Dictionary of contemporary English
Congo — [käŋ′gō] 1. river in central Africa, flowing through Democratic Republic of the Congo into the Atlantic: 2,718 mi (4,374 km) 2. Democratic Republic of the Congo country in central Africa, on the equator: 905,365 sq mi (2,344,886 sq km); pop.… … English World dictionary
Congo — Congo, 1) so v. w. Niederguinea; 2) Reich in Niederguinea, an 5000 QM. mit etwa 6 Mill. Ew., auf der linken Seite des untern Congo (Zaire), südlich durch den Lodschi von Angola getrennt, im W. vom Atlantischen Meere begrenzt u. östlich in das… … Pierer's Universal-Lexikon
Còngo — Congò m. Congo [ital. esp. et port. Congo] … Diccionari Personau e Evolutiu
congo — congo; Congo; … English syllables