Uniformity may refer to:
- Distribution uniformity, a measure of how uniformly water is applied to the area being watered
- Religious uniformity, the promotion of one state religion, denomination, or philosophy to the exclusion of all other religious beliefs
- Retention uniformity, a concept in thin layer chromatography
- Tire uniformity, a concept in vehicle technology
- Uniformity (chemistry), a measure of the homogeneity of a substance's composition or character
- Uniformity (complexity), a concept in computational complexity theory
- Uniformity (philosophy), the concept that the same natural laws and processes that operate in the universe now have always operated in the universe
- Uniformity (topology), a concept in the mathematical field of topology
- Uniformity of motive, a concept in astrobiology
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Uniformity — U ni*form i*ty, n. [L. uniformitas: cf. F. uniformit[ e].] 1. The quality or state of being uniform; freedom from variation or difference; resemblance to itself at all times; sameness of action, effect, etc., under like conditions; even tenor; as … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
uniformity — I noun absence of diversity, absence of variation, conformity, consistency, constancy, continuity, equability, evenness, homogeneity, levelness, order, persistence, regularity, singleness, smoothness, stability, standardization, symmetry, unity… … Law dictionary
uniformity — early 15c., from O.Fr. uniformite (14c.), from L.L. uniformitatem (nom. uniformitas), from L. uniformis (see UNIFORM (Cf. uniform)) … Etymology dictionary
uniformity — [yo͞o΄nə fôr′mə tē] n. pl. uniformities [ME uniformite < MFr < L uniformitas] state, quality, or instance of being uniform … English World dictionary
Uniformity — (Roget s Thesaurus) < N PARAG:Uniformity >N GRP: N 1 Sgm: N 1 uniformity uniformity Sgm: N 1 homogeneity homogeneity homogeneousness Sgm: N 1 consistency consistency Sgm: N 1 connaturality connaturality connaturalness Sgm: N 1 homology … English dictionary for students
uniformity — noun ADJECTIVE ▪ relative ▪ great ▪ bland ▪ cultural, religious … OF UNIFORMITY ▪ … Collocations dictionary
uniformity — [[t]ju͟ːnɪfɔ͟ː(r)mɪti[/t]] N UNCOUNT If there is uniformity in something such as a system, organization, or group of countries, the same rules, ideas, or methods are applied in all parts of it. → See also uniform Spanish liberals sought to create … English dictionary
uniformity — noun 1) uniformity in tax law Syn: constancy, consistency, conformity, invariability, stability, regularity, evenness, homogeneity, equality, harmony Ant: variation 2) a dull uniformity … Thesaurus of popular words
uniformity — n. (pl. ies) 1 being uniform; sameness, consistency. 2 an instance of this. Phrases and idioms: Act of Uniformity hist. any of four acts (esp. that of 1662) for securing uniformity in public worship and the use of a particular Book of Common… … Useful english dictionary
uniformity — noun (plural ties) Date: 15th century 1. the quality or state of being uniform 2. an instance of uniformity … New Collegiate Dictionary