- Matthew Breeze
Matthew Breeze Personal information Full name Matthew Christopher Breeze Born 10 June 1972
Other occupation Barrister Domestic Years League Role 1994-2004 National Soccer League Referee 2005- A-League Referee International Years League Role 2001- FIFA listed Referee
On 28 February 2009, in the 2009 A-League Grand Final, Breeze controversially sent off Adelaide United striker Cristiano after his arm made contact with Melbourne Victory defender Rodrigo Vargas, drawing blood. Breeze was criticized by commentators, media and fans.
Year Award 2008–09 Zurich Referee of the Year 2010–11 Zurich Referee of the Year
- 2005/2006 Season: 22 Matches (Including: 2 Pre-season; Major Semi-Final 1st Leg; Preliminary Final)
- 2006/2007 Season: 25 Matches (Including: 3 Pre-season; Minor Semi-Final 2nd Leg; Preliminary Final)
- 2007/2008 Season: 18 Matches (Including: Major Semi-Final 1st Leg)
- 2008/2009 Season: 19 Matches (Including: 1 Pre-season; Major Semi-Final 2nd Leg; Final: Melbourne Victory - Adelaide United)
- 2009/2010 Season: 20 Matches (Including: Minor Semi-Final; Semi-Final)
Breeze made the short-list of 44 referees to preside at the 2006 FIFA World Cup, but missed the final cut. His highest honour remains officiating at the 2005 Confederations Cup in Germany where he refereed the Third Place Playoff.
World Cup Qualifier 2002
OFC Nations Cup 2002
- 5-7-2002: Papua New Guinea - Solomon Islands (1st Round)
- 7-7-2002: Solomon Islands - Auckland City FC (1st Round)
- 12-7-2002: New Zealand - Vanuatu (Semi-Final)
FIFA Under 20 World Cup 2003
- 29-11-2003: Saudi Arabia - Ireland (Group Stage)
- 2-12-2003: Japan - Colombia (Group Stage)
- 5-12-2003: USA - Korea Republic (Group Stage)
- 19-12-2003: Colombia - Argentina (3rd Place Play-off)
OFC Nations Cup 2004
World Cup Qualifiers 2006 — Oceania
- 10-5-2004: Papua New Guinea - Vanuatu (1st Stage)
- 15-5-2004: Samoa - Vanuatu (1st Stage)
- 19-5-2004: Fiji - Vanuatu (1st Stage)
Asian Cup 2007
- 9-7-2007: Japan - Qatar (Group Stage)
- 16-7-2007: Vietnam - Japan (Group Stage)
- 25-7-2007: Japan - Saudi Arabia
FIFA Under 17 World Cup 2007
- 19-8-2007: Honduras - Spain (Group Stage)
- 25-8-2007: Nigeria - Haiti (Group Stage)
- 29-8-2007: Peru - Tajikistan (Round of 16)
- 2-9-2007: Argentina - Nigeria (Quarter Final)
AFC Final Round (Olympic Teams)
- 28-2-2007: Uzbekistan - United Arab Emirates (2nd Stage)
- 14-3-2007: Lebanon - Oman (2nd Stage)
World Cup Qualifiers 2010 — Oceania
OFC Nations Cup 2008
AFC Champions League 2008
- 23-4-2008: Al Karama - Al Sadd SC (Group Stage)
- 7-5-2008: Kashima Antlers - Krung Thai Bank FC (Group Stage)
- 17-9-2008: Al Karama - Gamba Osaka (Quarter Final)
World Cup Qualifiers 2010 — Asia
- 26-3-2008: Kuwait - Iran
- 14-6-2008: Uzbekistan - Lebanon (3rd Stage)
- 15-10-2008: Korea Republic - United Arab Emirates (4th Stage)
- 28-3-2009: Korea DPR - United Arab Emirates
AFC Champions League 2009
- 11-3-2009: Shanghai Shenhua - Singapore Armed Forces (Group Stage)
- 8-4-2009: Piroozi Athletic - Al Gharafa (Group Stage)
- 5-5-2009: Al Shabab Al Arabi - Sepahan (Group Stage)
- 20-5-2009: Gamba Osaka - FC Seoul (Group Stage)
- 7-11-2009: Al Ittihad - Pohang Steelers (final)
2009 Club World Cup
- 19-12-2009: Pohang Steelers - Atlante FC (3rd Place Play-off)
Asian Cup 2011 Qualifier
AFC Champions League 2010
- 24-2-2010: Suwon Samsung Bluewings - Gamba Osaka (Group Stage)
- 13-4-2010: Pakhtakor - Al Ain (Group Stage)
- 5-10-2010: Al Shabab - Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma (Semi Final)
2010 Sydney Festival of Football
- 28-7-2010: Sydney FC - Rangers
- 31-7-2010: AEK Athens - Rangers
The QANTAS Challenge
- 27-11-2010: Newcastle Jets - Los Angeles Galaxy
- ^ "In my own words - Matthew Breeze". Australian FourFourTwo magazine. 25 March 2007. http://au.fourfourtwo.com/features/3384,in-my-own-words--matthew-breeze.aspx. Retrieved 7 January 2009.
- ^ "Member Profiles - Matthew Breeze". Australian Soccer Referees Association NSW. 27 August 2007. http://www.asrfnsw.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=131&Itemid=64. Retrieved 15 December 2008.
- ^ a b c "Referee Profile - Matthew Breeze". A-League. http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=refereeprofile&pid=1142. Retrieved 7 January 2009.
- ^ Cockerill, Michael (1 March 2009). "Red cards colour the finale". The Age. http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/soccer/red-cards-colour-the-finale/2009/02/28/1235237992089.html. Retrieved 28 February 2009.
- ^ "Ref steals spotlight in showpiece showdown". The Sydney Morning Herald. 1 March 2009. http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/football/a-league/ref-steals-spotlight-in-showpiece-showdown/2009/03/01/1235237996810.html.
- ^ Ultimate A-League
- ^ "Michel is ref for final". Malaysia Star. 26 June 2005. http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2005/6/26/sports/11324520&sec=sports. Retrieved 18 February 2009.
- ^ "Aussie ref Shield selected for World Cup". Sydney Morning Herald. 1 April 2006. http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Aussie-ref-Shield-selected-for-World-Cup/2006/04/01/1143441371934.html. Retrieved 18 February 2009.
- ^ List of prospective 2010 FIFA World Cup referees
- ^ "Hansson to be referee at Confederations Cup final". mlive.com. 27 June 2009. http://www.mlive.com/sportsflash/index.ssf?/base/sports-49/1246099356278340.xml&storylist=sports. Retrieved 29 June 2009.
- ^ World Referee
- ^ Sydney Festival of Football 2010
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Matthew Breeze — Matthew Breeze … Wikipédia en Français
Matthew Breeze — Nombre completo Matthew Christopher Breeze Apodo: Fecha de nacimiento 10 de junio de 1972 (39 años) Lugar de nacimiento Carlton, Australia Fecha de fall … Wikipedia Español
Matthew Breeze — Breeze vor einer Partie der A League (2010) Matthew Breeze (* 10. Juni 1972 in Sydney) ist ein australischer Fußballschiedsrichter. Er ist seit 2001 FIFA Schiedsrichter. Breeze leitet seit 1994 Spiele in der höchsten australischen Spielklasse,… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Breeze — ist der Familienname folgender Personen: Claude Herbert Breeze (* 1938), kanadischer Maler Matthew Breeze (* 1972), australischer Fußballschiedsrichter Breeze ist außerdem die englische Schreibweise für die russische Raketen Oberstufe Bris … Deutsch Wikipedia
Matthew Cream — (born 19 June 1975) is an Australian football referee. He is the Referee Development Officer in South Australia. Cream has been a FIFA international assistant referee since 2000. He will accompany Matthew Breeze and fellow assistant referee … Wikipedia
Matthew Hale (bishop) — For other people named Matthew Hale, see Matthew Hale (disambiguation). Bishop Hale, Archdeacon James Brown and Rev. William Mitchell. Early Anglican clergy in the Swan River Colony Matthew Blagden Hale (18 June 1811 – 3 April 1895) was the first … Wikipedia
Matthew Blagden Hale — The Right Reverend Dr. Matthew Blagden Hale (June 18 1811 ndash;April 3 1895) was the first Bishop of Perth, and later Bishop of Brisbane.Born in Alderley, Gloucestershire, England on June 18 1811, Matthew Hale was the son of Robert and Lady… … Wikipedia
A-League 2007–08 — Infobox sports season title =A League 2007 08 league =A League sport =Association football logo =A League logo.png pixels =100px duration =July 2007 February 2008 no of teams =8 attendance =1,227,273 (regular season) TV =Fox Sports season =A… … Wikipedia
Adelaide United season 2006-07 — Adelaide United FC had a successful Season One of the A League winning the Minor Premiership before choking in the Finals Series and finishing third. United will look to improve on this opening effort with a bigger and better Season Two. Adelaide … Wikipedia
Newcastle United Jets FC season 2006-07 — The Newcastle United Jets 2006 07 season began with disappointment as the finalists from the inaugural year failed to win any games under coach Nick Theodorakopoulos during the preseason cup and the first phase of the A League. Caretaker coach… … Wikipedia